:) Please settle this for me.
At the end of the show, they say:

132 and Bush I've got him at gunpoint
132 and Bush covers code 3
In Lamens, what exactly does that mean?

Thank you.

mcgruff338
07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
The first line says I am at 132nd and Bush holding a suspect at gun point.
The second line is telling a backup unit to go to the same location as fast as can be done safely using his emergency equipment.

Hope that helps clear this up.

superkoopa
07-10-2007, 11:34 PM
I already knew what that particular radio transmission meant and I don't feel the need to make another thread but has anyone ever noticed in a couple episodes (and at the end credits) you hear "CX-25 14-10 Transmit on Tac(?) 2"? I figure CX-25 is someone's callsign, I don't know what 14-10 is, but they're telling the person to switch the 2nd tactical channel?

Riverfuzz50
07-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I already knew what that particular radio transmission meant and I don't feel the need to make another thread but has anyone ever noticed in a couple episodes (and at the end credits) you hear "CX-25 14-10 Transmit on Tac(?) 2"? I figure CX-25 is someone's callsign, I don't know what 14-10 is, but they're telling the person to switch the 2nd tactical channel?

Has anyone noticed they replay the same set of broadcasts during different shows? I think they add the sound bytes during editing when they need something to fill space, but I have heard the same exact things played during different episodes. The magic of TV!!! I love COPS for the comic relief...

SRT936
07-10-2007, 11:50 PM
To expand a bit, World's Scariest Police Chases is notorious for extra editing. Ever notice that the same chopper news annoucer works in Southern California, North Texas, Florida and just about every other state they've covered? Plus, I always laugh my hienie off when you can always hear tires squealing from inside the chopper.

1042 Trooper
07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
And you can hear the siren
:D:D:D:D Indeed :D xxxx

lionheart45
07-11-2007, 12:35 PM
To expand a bit, World's Scariest Police Chases is notorious for extra editing. Ever notice that the same chopper news annoucer works in Southern California, North Texas, Florida and just about every other state they've covered? Plus, I always laugh my hienie off when you can always hear tires squealing from inside the chopper.

Or whenever you see a tractor trailer it always makes the same loud air horn sound.

Riverfuzz50
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Or whenever you see a tractor trailer it always makes the same loud air horn sound.

HAHAHAHAAAA!!! :D :D :D :D
You mean the one with the doppler effect as it drives by?? Hoooonnnnkkkkkk!!

Off of COPS, I like it in movies and TV shows when people draw their guns from a holster and it always makes a metallic clicking sound more like a revolver cylinder clicking into place.....no matter how hard I try I can never get my pistol to make that sound when I draw it from my holster...:(

JonMcD1980
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds that ridiculous. It really is annoying. "Oh my GOSH, he almost struck that pedestrian in the crosswalk!!" (Thanks for putting into words what I just observed on camera Mr. Voiceover guy working for Fox) Plus you can hear the car tires squealing as they accelerate from 50mph to whatever...and when they take off down a dirt road

Sleuth
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Movies Are Magic!

forensicgrad
07-11-2007, 07:53 PM
so cover code 3 means get there quick and use your siren and lights??

The second line is telling a backup unit to go to the same location as fast as can be done safely using his emergency equipment

Also to add... why do guns in the movies always shoot off more rounds then what the clip holds? Its all about the effects ya know?