PDA

View Full Version : Former-Marines make good cops*

Margaret Hood
05-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I have found over the years that many exceptionaly good cops were former Marines. The only problem is they think they are 'bullett proof". But they can make snap dicisions with a greater propensity that the avg. academy guy. But they are already well grounded but so RIGID and DUTIFULYY SWORN TO DO THE JOB AND GET THE JOB DONE!*

ex401mp
05-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Not just Marines, I have found this to be the traits of many vets from ALL the branches.

aftermath
05-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Marines are jarheads. Rangers are where it's at. :cool:

ex401mp
05-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Rltw!!! 2-87

Woofdog
05-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Rangers are Marine wanna-be's.

grumpyirishman
05-18-2007, 11:06 AM
But they can make snap dicisions with a greater propensity that the avg. academy guy. But they are already well grounded but so RIGID and DUTIFULYY SWORN TO DO THE JOB AND GET THE JOB DONE!*

Prior military experience does help by building maturity and responsibility, but RIGID is not a good thing to be as a LEO. RIGIDITY and and the ability to make sound DECISIONS are conflicting traits. :confused:
My 2 cents, being prior military and after more than 30 years as LEO. :D

ex401mp
05-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Woof-dog, give me a break. Who do you think teaches Marines how to jump out of planes? Most of the schools that recon and force recon go to are Army schools (They go to Army Ranger school, basic airborne, HALO, pathfinder, etc.) . Even their MP school is on an Army installation. They are no better, just differant. I for one never wanted to be a marine, so I know I am not in that "wannabe" status you mentioned. Good to be proud of your branch of service though.

RLTW

pkagel
05-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Love my Marines but I've seen exactly what you're talking about Irish. Kicking in doors and wooping rear the Marines are the best but if I needed to talk with somebody I always liked to have another Sailor with me. The Navy has the fine art of BS down better than any service and this makes it a lot easier to talk people down w/o getting dirty.

Woofdog
05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Ex401MP,

Didn't mean to hit a nerve, brother. Was challenged and responded in kind, in true, proud Jarhead fashion.

Had a full career in Marines before becoming a cop. Served with Navy, Army, and Air Force, and don't regret any of it. Yep, we're different and that's OK. It takes all of us to defend the nation, but I'll be a proud Marine until the day I push up daisies!

Bleeding Scarlet and Gold...

Stay Safe!

(Marines ... if it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed...)

Woofdog
05-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, we're better...

ex401mp
05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
It is all good :) . Like you I am proud to be a part of something. Besides, just like active duty, there is plenty of inter-service ribbing going on ;) . Ex- Army, but bleed blue now. Besides, everyone knows that Rangers Lead The Way!! (lol, comon, gotta love that!! class 2-87)

Woofdog
05-24-2007, 10:43 PM
True, true...

Take care and stay safe, brother veteran & LEO!

moorejam
05-24-2007, 11:03 PM
In the Air Force Security Forces field, a great deal of the training we get is LE related and I am in the AF Security Forces field but I do nuclear security. Marines migth be able to follow orders and they might be very disciplined but with all of that ability to follow orders, do they have the ability to make their own decisions that are not on a battlefield? Its great that they have that disclipline but I believe that is what makes the AF SF and the USMC LE fields so much different. Dont get me wrong, Im not knockin' on the USMC or any other branch, but with my experience of working next to the Army every once in awhile, it seems like the AF takes control of situations on the installation because the Army MP didnt know how to react during a domestic. Even when I was in high school, My Master Gunnery Sergeant in JROTC told me that I should go into the AF for LE training if I was going to be a civilian cop because the USMC didnt have the kind of training that the AF has. Like I said, this is just what I have experienced.

Lubec
05-24-2007, 11:52 PM
I know and work with people from all branches. Marines are o.k. but would be the last picked at my work of the five branches.

They are Gungho, but are harder to train to think outside the box and deal with calls on their own.

I dont mind working with them as an Army guy myself, but at my job I would say Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, Marines is the order we rank em' and pick em'.

Woofdog
05-26-2007, 12:57 AM
A lot of people are intimidated by Marines.

Deuce
05-26-2007, 12:27 PM

You aren't serious are you?? Go back to reading comic books kiddo....

stangfather
05-26-2007, 06:13 PM

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA:D

Lubec
05-26-2007, 11:48 PM

No, a lot of people dont like to take time to re-teach basic skills to Marines. :D

Woofdog
05-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Ronald Reagan said it best. "There are people who go through their whole life wondering whether they have made a difference. Marines don't have that problem."

Aco275RGR
05-27-2007, 02:29 AM
I suppose you want a trophy?

I'm a real Army Ranger(as my name implies) out of the Regiment now, but currently trying to become an LA County sheriff.

I really don't get it, Marines b-itch, moan, and complain about how great they are yet no one notices? trust us, we hear you, and it's annoying, do your job and shut up. You are not special, highly motivated yes, and that's about it, you know it.

I wonder if the Navy should research if the hot air produced by their infantry is contributing to global warming.

BOTTOM LINE: When the United States decided to show the WORLD it's military response to 9/11, it wasn't a Company of Navy infantry men tripping out of their amphibious vehicles and onto a beach head(seriously, you guys think this will ever happen again? zero chance) It was a Company of hostile and Angry Army Rangers parachuting into afghanistan and conducting business.

Deuce
05-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry boys, we already had a few ODA's over taking care of business before anyone else decided to join the fight...

NYSPGreg
05-27-2007, 12:01 PM
airforce Pararescue Jumpers are BAD *** mofos. Even TACP and Combat controller teams make marines look like pansies

navy80
05-27-2007, 12:05 PM
every branch has there strenghts and weaknesses.
but from my experience it would be
marines
army
navy
air force

me_again
05-27-2007, 12:11 PM
When the United States decided to show the WORLD it's military response to 9/11, it wasn't a Company of Navy infantry men tripping out of their amphibious vehicles and onto a beach head(seriously, you guys think this will ever happen again? zero chance) It was a Company of hostile and Angry Army Rangers parachuting into afghanistan and conducting business.Beachhead landings from amphibious vehicles are over??? :eek:

That was a very interesting read. Thanks for enlightening us. :cool:

stangfather
05-27-2007, 01:00 PM
BOTTOM LINE: When the United States decided to show the WORLD it's military response to 9/11, it wasn't a Company of Navy infantry men tripping out of their amphibious vehicles and onto a beach head(seriously, you guys think this will ever happen again? zero chance) It was a Company of hostile and Angry Army Rangers parachuting into afghanistan and conducting business.

ok i have a couple Marine buddies but this...this is funny as hell and true..:)

except the ODA's, SEALS, AF COMS, Pararescue, etc, were there a few days earlier.;)

Hooah.

FEDCOPPER74
05-27-2007, 11:31 PM
"can't we all just get along"

Former Marine (admin guy, enlisted open contract and thats what I got)
Former army nat. guard. (calv. scout)

NYSPGreg
05-28-2007, 01:20 AM
surely we all can. just that we don't hear ourselves thinking from the pompous attitude of marines. I've SEEN marines fail miserably the physical to become a pararescue jumper at the 106th rescue wing. I am a support troop of the 103rd rescue squadron and lemme tell you.. these mofos are BAD and no matter how bad and in shape they are, you never hear em brag.

I was down at keelser AFB last year cross training and the marines (yet again) were talking **** about the air force... a group of combat controller instructors taught em a good lesson though... I bet these younging straight out of boot camp thinking of the AF as chair force never thought they could be outperformed in push ups, sit ups, hikes with rucksacks and pull ups!!!

stangfather
05-28-2007, 02:39 AM
i made it all the way to San Antone on a Combat Controller contract with the AF until i failed the dive test (pressure chamber) apparently one or two too many ear infections as a kid..they said thanks but no thanks so i tried the army..

CC's and Para rescue have my deepest respect, had a controller with us in Afghanistan, hell of a dude, im glad we never needed his tac air experience..

Woofdog
05-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Trash talking is fun, as long as it doesn't degenerate into overt hostility. After all, aren't we all LEO's?

Glad others are as proud of their service as I am about being a Marine. Wouldn't have it any other way.

In my pre-LEO Marine Corps service, served with all other services and attended Navy, Army & Air Force schools. Also served with other SpecOps guys from the Navy and Army overseas, and count an Army Ranger as a current friend.

Nothing against other services - our country needs us all. Yet, given a choice, man for man, my choice is the Marines by far.

So sue me.

"Marine" is a life time title.

Rivalfire
05-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I suppose you want a trophy?
I really don't get it, Marines b-itch, moan, and complain about how great they are yet no one notices? trust us, we hear you, and it's annoying, do your job and shut up. You are not special, highly motivated yes, and that's about it, you know it.

I'm going to have to agree with this as a CO. I began work about a week after another CO, who had just left the marines. The only thing he boasts above anyone else here is a sky-high ego.

A few of his recent quotes I remember: "Well I'm VERY rank oriented, from being in the marines, I think I'd know", "Yeah, I got Identity theft which is why I can't buy it yet, but the MARINES sent out a MARINE lawyer to help me, and marine lawyers don't f around you know". "People are usually intimidated by me, because I was in the marines for 5 years" - Uhhh yeah, riiiggght. We're all so intimidated by the 5'6 [I kid you not] ex marine. If I could see what he was thinking, it'd probably say "Ahhh look how great I am, me me me me me me me".

That said, he tends to break more rules than any other CO. Allowing the guy who's going to prison for life to sit out and eat lunch with him [Wtf?!], FLIRTING WITH FEMALE INMATES [RED ALERT], befriending inmates, ect.

SWATCybercop
05-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Woofdog,

On this Memorial Day, thanks for your service, brother Marine.

Don't feed the trolls. They do not know.

Semper Fi.

Aco275RGR
05-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I'll give it up to the marine corp. They do a DAMN good job of brainwashing.

Air Force CC guys are pretty good, they did everything we did and a heck of alot more for those other units in that "joint" command ;) . These guys are unsung heroes. I'll admit i thought the airforce sucked, but i would have LOVED to have been one of those guys, well them and CAG:D

USMS08610083
05-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Let me get this straight. You said "I am a support troop of the 103rd rescue squadron" and you are talking sh*t about what Marines are or aren't. I know the 13 weeks we went through aren't quite the 6 whole grueling weeks you had to endure. As matter of fact, I would have liked to have seen you in any Marine line company. .

NYSPGreg
05-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Let me get this straight. You said "I am a support troop of the 103rd rescue squadron" and you are talking sh*t about what Marines are or aren't. I know the 13 weeks we went through aren't quite the 6 whole grueling weeks you had to endure. As matter of fact, I would have liked to have seen you in any Marine line company. .

YES I do SUPPORT. I am NOT a PJ. Funny that arguably the HARDEST special ops group of the military never brags. You never hear SEALs bragging... neither do you hear green berets

whoopty whoo for your 13 weeks... don't blame me for scoring low on your asvab and not having a clean enough background to join the air force.

Hell, the very first guys sent out in time of war are TACP folks to paint the laser targets for our jet fighters and bombers... you never hear em braggin either and I bet you that your lil 13 week boot camp is a walk in the park for any of them

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforcejoin/a/parapast.htm thats what you should be able to do to become a PJ BEFORE you are sent to boot camp

NYSPGreg
05-29-2007, 08:17 PM
I'll give it up to the marine corp. They do a DAMN good job of brainwashing.

Air Force CC guys are pretty good, they did everything we did and a heck of alot more for those other units in that "joint" command ;) . These guys are unsung heroes. I'll admit i thought the airforce sucked, but i would have LOVED to have been one of those guys, well them and CAG:D

alot of ppl think the air force sucks until they meet with our combat controllers, TACP, ROMAD and our PJs. Very quiet group of STRONG folks!!!

USMS08610083
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I have met and work with people of all branches. And we were speaking about you, not them. They are not the ones making deragotory comments. On top of the 13 weeks, lets say I have been to many schools/academies (both military and civilian) where I have met squared away folks from all different military/LE backgrounds. I can also say that the fitness standards, other then water work(which we also do in the Marines) is not anything that is groundbreaking. That also includes fitness standards for LE, which I am actually in, not a wanna be.

NYSPGreg
05-29-2007, 08:37 PM
I have met and work with people of all branches. And we were speaking about you, not them. They are not the ones making deragotory comments. On top of the 13 weeks, lets say I have been to many schools/academies (both military and civilian) where I have met squared away folks from all different military/LE backgrounds. I can also say that the fitness standards, other then water work(which we also do in the Marines) is not anything that is groundbreaking. That also includes fitness standards for LE, which I am actually in, not a wanna be.

LMAO!!! saying that 13 weeks of marine boot camp is comparable to air force special ops training... whenever you're in the NY area please hit me up. I'd be too happy to take you to my unit and try your superpower marine skills against some scumbag PJs;)

USMS08610083
05-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Again we are not talking about Marine boot vs. any Spec OPS training. That's why its called basic. I know operators from every military branch, all of which had their own special skill set. Whether it be Force Recon, SF, Rangers, Pj's, whatever. In no way is that a slight to any of these guys. What I am saying is I am sure your support billet position is no where near any Marine, Army, Navy, AF, billet that actually has some degree of physical and mental aspects that are necessary. I'm sure your high ASVAB prepared you to load, fix, wash planes or whatever it is you do in support. Because in the end you are just support. And in closing, that still just makes a wanna be, there warrior. Whether it be in an operating position or LE.

NYSPGreg
05-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Again we are not talking about Marine boot vs. any Spec OPS training. That's why its called basic. I know operators from every military branch, all of which had their own special skill set. Whether it be Force Recon, SF, Rangers, Pj's, whatever. In no way is that a slight to any of these guys. What I am saying is I am sure your support billet position is no where near any Marine, Army, Navy, AF, billet that actually has some degree of physical and mental aspects that are necessary. I'm sure your high ASVAB prepared you to load, fix, wash planes or whatever it is you do in support. Because in the end you are just support. And in closing, that still just makes a wanna be, there warrior. Whether it be in an operating position or LE.

yup a wanna be... support.. I.E ground radio comm... 2E1X3

VHF, UHF, SATCOM, crypto, CCI, have quick, etc...

I'm definitely just a peeon... try to do anything without any radio communication... including law enforcement... then come talk to me... you learned to assume so well in your 13 weeks of boot camp?

USMS08610083
05-29-2007, 11:14 PM
You seem to be stuck on the 13 week thing. I was simply stating a fact. Do the math 2x plus longer then your basic.. But out of respect for other AF guys, including friends and others, I'm not going to keep going there. Have you other strapped said radios on your back and humped 15-20 miles? Have you done anything of a tactical nature with said radios? We already know the answer to that. There are those who talk about it and those who do it. Have I used VHF with close air support or used crypto? All the time. Why don't you just give us your resume because you are trying real hard to sound like you are a PJ. I know Admin guys in Force Recon that didn't try to perpetrate like they were Force members. I would talk to you about comm. in any facet, but anyone who has used it knows it works about half the time anyway.

NYSPGreg
05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I DO NOT try to be a PJ neither would I wanna be one... I keep pushing the 13 week issue cuz thats what u keep saying.

you used crypto? please marines with any kind of security clearance is laughable;) all jokes aside I respect all branches but hmm marines always seem to belittle others.

Woofdog
05-29-2007, 11:40 PM
USMS and SWATCybercop,

Those who spout derogatory comments about our Marine Corps are clueless. Regardless of MOS, every single Jarhead in the Marine Corps is first and foremost a rifleman (even our females).

As we know, our Boot Camp and follow-on ITS are grueling rites of passage. But that's not the end of it. It's the follow-on training, discipline, leadership, and ethos that sets the Marines apart from every other service.

I'm not comparing a highly trained AF PJ to a Marine supply clerk. Clearly, the skill set for their missions is different. Yet, the Marine successfully endured Marine Corps Boot Camp and post-recruit Infantry training school, and therefore is a Marine who can and will be "plugged" into an infantry platoon if the situation requires. This is happening, even as we speak, in-country in Iraq, where Marines of all MOS's are patrolling, manning perimeters, providing convoy security, and killing the enemies of America.

Annual Essential Training ensures Marines of ALL MOS's are kept skilled in Infantry subjects, and provides a reminder that EVERY Jarhead is first and foremost a Grunt. (Even our lawyers have assumed command of line companies in time of war!). Marine physical fitness and disciplinary standards are tougher than any other service. You won't find officers and enlisted personnel on first name basis.

I've got a lot of respect for the Air Force. They clearly know how to care for their people better than any other branch of service. While us Jarheads are living in tents in the field, our AF counterparts can be found living in local hotels or temporarily erected hard buildings (i.e., Aviano, Italy), drawing per diem. And Air Force clubs are clearly superior and have better food than other service clubs.

So we brag a little. Mea culpa. We feel we earned it. And yes, we think we're the best d&mned uniformed service our country has to offer.

God bless the Marines, and our U.S. Navy Corpsmen, RP's, doctors, nurses and chaplains.

Semper Fidelis.

Death before Dishonor.

NYSPGreg
05-29-2007, 11:43 PM
I've got a lot of respect for the Air Force. They clearly know how to care for their people better than any other branch of service. While us Jarheads are living in tents in the field, our AF counterparts can be found living in local hotels or temporarily erected hard buildings (i.e., Aviano, Italy), drawing per diem. And Air Force clubs are clearly superior and have better food than other service clubs.

lmao ain't that the truth

USMS08610083
05-29-2007, 11:44 PM
To finish off this good time. First, I don't think USMC basic training is the end all be all. Is Parris Island/ San Diego, anything compared to Spec. Ops. training, of course not. What I said before referring to the physical standard not being groundbreaking, that is the basic physical requirement to qualify. By no means, does that refer to having what it takes to complete any course of training like that, with a high attrition rate. It takes another kind of intestinal fortitude that I doubt you will ever possess or come close to, up to and including that of a basically trained infantryman in any branch. Second, although those demanding duties of "in the rear with the gear" and AC controlled tents, you probably haven't ever experienced freal field life. Let me close with you opened the door with your little "pansies" comment, so now go along and fire up the playstation so you could experience the closest thing to Spec Ops. you'll ever come. We know if it breaks, you may be able to fix it with your finely tuned electronic skills.

Woofdog
05-29-2007, 11:49 PM
USMS,

I've got a good friend who is a reserve Marine officer and a member of the New York State Police. I bet he knows who this clown is.

NYSPGreg
05-29-2007, 11:53 PM
no marine officers at my base try again

Woofdog
05-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Maybe you're an NYSP wanna-be?

You're probably not even an LEO.

Maybe not even old enough to have a beer.

Why are you on this LEO message board...

moorejam
05-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Ive posted a few opinions in other threads about the differences in the branches. PJ's, CC, TACP, and ETAC's are the finest that the AF has. Im only a Cop in the AF. :) Like the other guy had said, every branch has its pro's and con's. The factor is how you interpret how each branch engages in its mission. We ALL have a mission in how we protect our nation. It just seems hard to perform that mission when most (notice I didn't say all) Marines cannot even understand a simple concept of how we are all here to work together. The Marines are taught from the moment they become Pooleys or Pulleys (DEP) or whatever the hell they are called that all of the other braches are against them. I have also mentioned before that my Master Gunnery Sergeant in JROTC in High School told me to join the AF and not the Marines. hmm...Im sure that makes you feel a lot better about yourselves now huh? Ohh yeah, and about all of that gungho, Hoorah, Once a Marine, Always a Marine stuff....Have you ever heard of FALSE MOTIVATION? I know that now all of you Marines reading this are thinking that you have to say something back because what I just said was wrong, am I correct? NO, that is not correct. All I am simply doing is the same thing that you were taught to do...give the other guys crap. Every branch gets knocked on and within each branch there are intra-branch jokes. People perceive others jokes differently except the Marines! It is annoying...VERY Annoying. Y'all just need to learn to tone it down or something because what is going to happen is the more you brag and all that good stuff, the more people are not going to want to listen to you. Why is that?!?!?! That is because it is always the same thing out of your mouth! Just remember that there are a lot of people in this world and it is hard to fit all of us on this tiny little planet when most of the room is taken up by the Marines' Ego's.

moorejam
05-30-2007, 12:53 AM
One more thing. I know that the comment was not directed towards myself at the time but I dont play video games. I dont even have one. The only finely tuned instrument that I own is my Gerber, G-Shcok watch, and my toolbox to work on my truck. I dont even own a computer. Im using my friends..........hmm

USMS08610083
05-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Let's be clear that most Marines I know don't get all sensitive over a little jabbing. In fact, were usually the first to get cracked on. I work in an environment where every branch is represented. We all break each other's ba**s. Nobody gives a damn. I tell people going into the military if they want to live well go to the USAF. So now we will monitor what we say because we don't want you to "get tired" of our bragging. And you are right the playstation crack was not aimed at you. But since you want to bring it up, I'm glad that your PX issue is working out for you. The watch to tell when chow time is and the Gerber to open up all those hard to open MRE's. The toolbox, well I guess that's to fix the AC or generator when it starts acting up. That's just one Marine with a big ego's humble opinion.

Woofdog
05-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Marines routinely steer candidates to the other services if they don't believe the candidate can survive Marine boot camp and the Crucible.

I've done so many times, just like your Master Gunnery Sergeant.

Aco275RGR
05-30-2007, 08:27 PM
LOL...YOU have got to be kidding. No way is the already strapped for cash marine corp going to send someone into another branch of service or out of boot camp, they will be pushed through. Short of EXTREMELY dishonorable behavior, not happening, you know it.

YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL...Why can't the Navy's Infantry get that through they're heads? YOU are MASS PRODUCED on the west and east coast, you number in the Hundreds of thousands.

For example, the 75th Ranger Regiment at any given time MIGHT have about 3000 men, and that includes support...

End of story.

SWATCybercop
05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
They truly do not know...

Woofdog
05-30-2007, 10:37 PM
No, they don't.

Irishluck31
05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
and you prior service marines really have no idea either.

If it was that great, why are their prior service marines? Why are there marine reserves? Why do marine recruiters still have to go school to school to get recruits?

Hummmmm could it be because there really isnt that much of a difference in the services?

Why do marine MP's and CID go to Army Protection and AT Driving schools? Why is there no marine corp Airbourne school? Why do marine MP's go to Army SRT? For being such a crappy service, The US ARMY sure does a lot of training for the superior branch.

An Army private and a Marine Gunnery Sgt are at the urinal in Grand Central station. They both finish the mission and the Private heads for the door. The Gunny yells "Hey, in the Marines we would have taught you to wash your hands after using the head" To which the private replies "In the US Army they taught me not to **** on my hands"

AIDTW
05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Fellas... You know the reputation Marines have did not just appear, it was earned. Marines have the attitude they do today because of those that came before us and earned that right. Lest we not forget where the name Devil Dog came from. We could never expect our military counterparts to understand our heritage, but we must try diligently to educate them. And one more thing, ask any civilian, and I mean civilian with no military affiliation, who they would rather guard their home and family, and we all know what their response would be 99 out of 100 times... Semper Fidelis

Just to clarify, I am thankful for ALL who have come before us protecting our freedom, regardless of what branch of service they served in, or what department they worked for.

USMS08610083
05-31-2007, 02:44 PM
"Why is there no marine corp Airbourne school?" Why does the Marine CORPS go to AIRBORNE school? Why do Marines train at Blackwater? Why do Marines train with the British Royal Marines? Who knows?

Woofdog
05-31-2007, 05:18 PM
and you prior service marines really have no idea either.

If it was that great, why are their prior service marines? Why are there marine reserves? Why do marine recruiters still have to go school to school to get recruits?

Hummmmm could it be because there really isnt that much of a difference in the services?

Why do marine MP's and CID go to Army Protection and AT Driving schools? Why is there no marine corp Airbourne school? Why do marine MP's go to Army SRT? For being such a crappy service, The US ARMY sure does a lot of training for the superior branch.

An Army private and a Marine Gunnery Sgt are at the urinal in Grand Central station. They both finish the mission and the Private heads for the door. The Gunny yells "Hey, in the Marines we would have taught you to wash your hands after using the head" To which the private replies "In the US Army they taught me not to **** on my hands"

Who the h^ll said anything about the other services being "crappy?" I've served with ALL other services when I was still on active duty (except the Coast Guard, and believe you me, I have the utmost respect for their individual missions. Nevertheless, the United States Marine Corps is the shock troop of the nation, the force in readiness, the 911 force, call it what you want to. I have been on joint ops with the 82nd ABN and realize that this particular part of the Army is also trained to respond at a moments notice, together with our Marine Air Alert and prepositioned forces. During our joint ops, we have formed lasting friendships with guys from the 82nd and we have MUTUAL RESPECT for our unique capabilities and rigorous training.

So, young greenhorn, don't lecture me about what you PERCEIVE the Marine Corps is all about, because you are simply CLUELESS. We have the respect of operators from all the services because we have earned it, and we give similar respect to other operators from other services who have similar rigorous or unique training.

IT TAKES ALL OF US to keep our nation safe, otherwise we wouldn't be here. The Marines have EARNED THEIR RESPECT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, both in peace and war. And yes, there is a huge difference in capabilities of the individual services.

You can tell your silly joke about peeing on your hands. Chances are, I heard the same joke before you were born as applied to an enlisted man and a 2ndLt. At least, be original.

I have worked, operated, and trained with the French Foreign Legion, the British Royal Marine Commandos, the Turkish and Italian Naval Infantry, and other elite military forces throughout the world. I have also been stationed at U.S. Navy, Army and Air Force bases for different military schools and training courses.

Why did DoD consolidate military schools? Simple. Cost savings.

Nobody is taking anything away from other service schools, capabilities, or standards of dress and behavior. They fit their individual missions. But don't come on this public forum pretending you know what you're talking about, greenhorn, and disrespect an organization you don't have the intestinal fortitude to be a part of.

You don't know what you don't know.

Irishluck31
05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Who the h^ll said anything about the other services being "crappy?" I've served with ALL other services when I was still on active duty (except the Coast Guard, and believe you me, I have the utmost respect for their individual missions. Nevertheless, the United States Marine Corps is the shock troop of the nation, the force in readiness, the 911 force, call it what you want to. I have been on joint ops with the 82nd ABN and realize that this particular part of the Army is also trained to respond at a moments notice, together with our Marine Air Alert and prepositioned forces. During our joint ops, we have formed lasting friendships with guys from the 82nd and we have MUTUAL RESPECT for our unique capabilities and rigorous training.

So, young greenhorn, don't lecture me about what you PERCEIVE the Marine Corps is all about, because you are simply CLUELESS. We have the respect of operators from all the services because we have earned it, and we give similar respect to other operators from other services who have similar rigorous or unique training.

IT TAKES ALL OF US to keep our nation safe, otherwise we wouldn't be here. The Marines have EARNED THEIR RESPECT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, both in peace and war. And yes, there is a huge difference in capabilities of the individual services.

You can tell your silly joke about peeing on your hands. Chances are, I heard the same joke before you were born as applied to an enlisted man and a 2ndLt. At least, be original.

I have worked, operated, and trained with the French Foreign Legion, the British Royal Marine Commandos, the Turkish and Italian Naval Infantry, and other elite military forces throughout the world. I have also been stationed at U.S. Navy, Army and Air Force bases for different military schools and training courses.

Why did DoD consolidate military schools? Simple. Cost savings.

Nobody is taking anything away from other service schools, capabilities, or standards of dress and behavior. They fit their individual missions. But don't come on this public forum pretending you know what you're talking about, greenhorn, and disrespect an organization you don't have the intestinal fortitude to be a part of.

You don't know what you don't know.

Whoa hero, Relax a bit, take a deep breath and hold onto both hand rails.

There was absolutely no reason to punch the ejection button on that deal. I was horsing around, poking fun at all the poking fun. You really need to take a break and stop listing your accomplishments like your going to impress me.

I am glad your proud of your service, I am as well. But get over yourself and dont act like your the only one who has fallen out of an C17, worked with another branch or country or kicked down a door. there are lots of boys and girls who do it everyday. I am not currently one of them, but I have been and I have done my job and I dont want to do it anymore.

ya and I got your greenhorn...pal.

Done with this one..

Aco275RGR
05-31-2007, 07:43 PM
"We could never expect our military counterparts to understand our heritage, but we must try diligently to educate them. And one more thing, ask any civilian, and I mean civilian with no military affiliation, who they would rather guard their home and family, and we all know what their response would be 99 out of 100 times... Semper Fidelis"

LOL....you can't be serious. With the nonstop flow of Marine propaganda an average person would indeed be dooped into thinking they would be "safer" in the hands of a jar head. I remember one idiot causing a HUGE explosion in Iraq because he was oh so wisely smoking a cigarette near a fuel dump. And then, with that Marine discipline, tossed his butt into a puddle of gasoline, and he, along with that place, was history.

You'r heritage is not unique buddy. The United States ARMY conducted the greatest amphibious assault in history that changed the world forever, and the 2nd Ranger Battalion lead the way!!

TPD Cadet
05-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Im a reservist in the CG (Going TAD in a week and a half).

Look, everyone thinks their branch is the best. No matter how hard you try, bitching over the internet is not going to change someones mind and make them say "Well, I guess you are right, your branch is a whole ****ing lot better than mine!"

The United States Armed Forces (Hey, there is something we ALL have in common!) is like a big puzzle. Ill bet you a Marine could clear a building in Baghdad better than I could, but Ill be you I could inspect a fishing boat in Umm Qasar a lot better than he could. Without all of the branches working together the US would be ****ed.

Yours is better than mine, mine is better than yours. Does it really matter?

That is all.

GrayPatriot
06-01-2007, 01:39 AM
"

LOL....you can't be serious. With the nonstop flow of Marine propaganda an average person would indeed be dooped into thinking they would be "safer" in the hands of a jar head. !!

That is so true. Every hollywood movie is about the Marines and in their recuiting commericals their guy scales a mountain face w/o climbing equipment and kills a dragon or whatever with a sword... give me a break... Thing is people obviously eat that crap up.

I have been to a few military schools with marines and I was not impressed at all. We are all the same people. I am sure there are really hard core marines who are studs just like every other branch has studs, but the average marine is the same as the avg army soldier. If you think otherwise your head is so far up your butt...

USMS08610083
06-01-2007, 02:00 AM
deleted by user

AZLawDawg
06-01-2007, 03:09 AM
this whole thread is pointless, good training makes good cops, no matter what their background is.

Bearcat357
06-01-2007, 03:33 AM
this whole thread is pointless, good training makes good cops, no matter what their background is.

Exactly...... My last Agency hired a USMC dude that was a dud......and I helped get his worthless but fired....

After I left, they hired another one who the Chief absolutely thinks the world of.....and he will eventually be moving on to bigger/better things with (hopefully) the MSHP.....

FNA209
06-01-2007, 03:43 AM
I DO NOT try to be a PJ neither would I wanna be one... I keep pushing the 13 week issue cuz thats what u keep saying.

you used crypto? please marines with any kind of security clearance is laughable;) all jokes aside I respect all branches but hmm marines always seem to belittle others.

Geez, I guess all that crap we attached to the radios that only myself and a couple other people could repair wasn't crypto gear.

I guess the books of codes and such weren't really codes. The fact they were stamped Top Secret couldn't really mean anything.

Geez, I guess I didn't have a Top Secret clearance.

Geez, I guess my brother the Marine helicopter pilot didn't have one of the highest clearances anyone can get. I mean, all he did was fly the CIC around when he was attached to HMM-1.

I guess we didn’t spend two weeks training at Wild Horse Creek in the Philippines calling in air strikes over tac radios. Funny thing, all I remember was that it was Marine ANGLICO folks and “run-of-the-mill 03 grunts” operating the radios. I never saw a TACP folk until about a year before I retired. Before that, every unit I served in had Marine and Army grunts doing their own calls for air support. It wasn’t all that hard.

I guess we didn’t spend a week in Okinawa calling in Air Force gun runs.

Hell, I guess I didn’t do the same thing on the aerial gun range when I was in the Army NG stateside. Those A-10 and F-16s were a figment of my imagination.

How the he!! did we ever survive?

Thanks for setting me straight. I've been walking around for 35 years now telling everyone all of the above was the truth.

99 Fenix
06-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Rangers are Marine wanna-be's.

im pretty sure Marines can get selected to go to RANGER SCHOOL

FNA209
06-01-2007, 04:51 AM
LOL...YOU have got to be kidding. No way is the already strapped for cash marine corp going to send someone into another branch of service or out of boot camp, they will be pushed through. Short of EXTREMELY dishonorable behavior, not happening, you know it.

End of story.

Well, I know one of my nephews didn't make it through PI and he's now a proud member of the Air Force.

I know that three years ago when he was joining the service, the Corps was meeting its quotas and the Army and Army NG were struggling.

SWATCybercop
06-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Sounds like a few Marine Corps boot camp washouts joined this forum.

Those who make disparaging, disrespectful remarks about the United States Marine Corps show their ignorance about what it takes to earn and keep the title, and about the organization in general.

Isolated examples of individuals who exhibit less than stellar behavior can be found in ANY organization, including Army Rangers, SF, SEALs, PJ's, and every other so-called "elite" organization. Just ask the Staff Judge Advocate's office or the Provost Marshal's office at Fort Bragg or Fort Campbell (good luck).

Those examples don't prove a thing. Don't judge the organization by the exception - judge it by the norm.

The Marines have acquitted themselves well in every conflict and war our nation has been involved in, as well as less-public "skirmishes" and operations between wars.

Just ask Air Force pilot Scott O'Grady, who was rescued by a Marine TRAP team from behind enemy lines. There are many other examples.

Marines have conducted "special operations" since before there was a "Special Operations Command."

Not every one can be a Marine, or a member of other specially selected and trained forces. Those that cannot, should at the very least have enough respect for those who have taken the commitment and training, and stop denigrating those who serve our country with honor.

Marines - no better friend, no worse enemy!

pkagel
06-01-2007, 10:21 AM
You guys are all killing me. Come on now. So, do you do the same thing at the departments. Do you swat guys bag on detectives because they don't kick in doors? Do the detectives bag on swat for being muscle heads? My word people, we were all service members no more, no less. I happened to enjoy every service that worked for and with me from the Coasties to the SeALs to the fly boys the grunts to the Jars. Loved every last one of them and would do anything for them. Get over it all and realize that no matter how much you love it now I can guarantee on more than one occassion you were sitting there saying how much it sucked.

Woofdog
06-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Exactly.

It's funny. There is a true respect among true operators of all services, because we know what we do and how we train. It's the "never-was" and "can't be's" that insult those of us who have stepped up to the plate and done what it takes to belong to a select organization.

Time to bury it and go on. The United States Marine Corps stands on its own.

God bless our Corps. Semper Fidelis!

Woofdog
06-01-2007, 12:40 PM
surely we all can. just that we don't hear ourselves thinking from the pompous attitude of marines. I've SEEN marines fail miserably the physical to become a pararescue jumper at the 106th rescue wing. I am a support troop of the 103rd rescue squadron and lemme tell you.. these mofos are BAD and no matter how bad and in shape they are, you never hear em brag.

I was down at keelser AFB last year cross training and the marines (yet again) were talking **** about the air force... a group of combat controller instructors taught em a good lesson though... I bet these younging straight out of boot camp thinking of the AF as chair force never thought they could be outperformed in push ups, sit ups, hikes with rucksacks and pull ups!!!

And the above from an individual who failed to qualify to be a New York State Police trooper...

And still, he pretends by using the "NYSPGreg" screen name.

I think they call that a "wanna-be."

Nuff said. Out here.

ex401mp
06-03-2007, 12:58 AM
This whole thread has made me laugh a lot. I have not seen this much inter-service rivalry since I was on active duty myself. Having been on a number of joint service deployments, I can remember all the name calling going back and forth at various drinking establishments, but the best part was when some local people tried to step in on the action, we all took care of them together, then we all went back to the same old. Bottom line, rivalry aside, when it counted, we all took care of each other and it did not matter who you were with. Kind of like now as a civilian cop. We rag on each other's jobs ( detectives, swat, dive, etc.), but if any outsiders try to step in, we ALL take care of it and each other, just like we should.

TriggerPuller03
06-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Let it go, there's to many of us getting waxed over here for you guys back CONUS to be fighting over which one of us was trained better or more "elite". When you fly home with a flag draped on you it doesn't matter anymore. Bury the hatchet gents, because now ain't the time to bring it up.

Bearcat357
06-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Maybe you're an NYSP wanna-be?

You're probably not even an LEO.

Maybe not even old enough to have a beer.

Why are you on this LEO message board...

Woof.....

After crusing through some of his prior posts.... I came up with:

--Prior AF Security Forces at Hill AFB in Utah....
--Changed jobs within the AF and is in NY State now.....working support for AF Special Ops.....
--Apparently thinks that because he is in AF Special Ops Unit (even though he is just support)....he can talk smack to folks....some of them that are BTDTs from other services.....
--Got whacked and told to go away by NYSP for having "a lead foot".....

SWATCybercop
06-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Let it go, there's to many of us getting waxed over here for you guys back CONUS to be fighting over which one of us was trained better or more "elite". When you fly home with a flag draped on you it doesn't matter anymore. Bury the hatchet gents, because now ain't the time to bring it up.

Words of wisdom, brother Grunt.

Stay safe & watch your Six! Come back alive. The majority of Americans support you, and appreciate what you do for us all.

God bless & Semper Fi!

ex401mp
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Roger that!!! Get home safe. Everyone deployed gets my full support, 100%

tp2165
06-04-2007, 05:15 PM
ex401mp,

Just curious, are you Ranger qualified or claiming Battalion?

Not flaming, just understanding where your coming from.

GIPD
06-05-2007, 12:01 AM
ok i have a couple Marine buddies but this...this is funny as hell and true..:)

except the ODA's, SEALS, <b>AF COMS</b>, Pararescue, etc, were there a few days earlier.;)

Hooah.

Roger that.

ROMAD!

GIPD sends

FEDCOPPER74
06-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Gotta love this thread.......

Well as said before, I was in the Corps only as an admin. guy. Was a cleark for 3rdforcerecon in Oki, Japan and knew several recon Marines who when on to TEACH at ranger school. Also have seen many docum. tv shows for airborne, HALO, sniper, etc schools that show the instructors to be from all the services. So as for the question why do Marines got to army schools, i think woofdog answered it b4, BECAUSE IT COST LESS!!!!! It is the govt. for petes sake...lol. only the politicians get $400 haircuts and wipes their *** with $100 toilet paper.

Pound for Pound us JARHEADS, LEATHERNECKS, DEVIL DOGS, are the best in the world. If you take a cook in the air force, army, navy, and Marines..put a riffle in his hands and tell him to take out that machine gun nest. who do you think would have any clue on how to accomplish that mission. Not saying that the individual person wont have an "idea" but that Marine cook has been TRAINED on how to do it.

Well end of my ranting for now i guess....Semper Fi.

TriggerPuller03
06-05-2007, 01:30 AM
FEDCOPPER74, just let it go brother, I assure you under gunfire anyone is capable of anything. Marines can go Condition Black just as quickly as an Air Force Comm guy can push through an ambush as cool as a cucumber. Anything is Capable. Trust me Brother.

ex401mp
06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
TP2165- No way I would ever claim to have been in a batalion. Qualified only, class 2/87. I was just an airborne MP that got lucky to go to the school. I will tell you, they sure hated MP's :) . Unlike some people who had the tab, I never called myself a Ranger, the people that serve in the batalions are the ones that deserve that title, not me. My secondary mos was 11b though. One of my best friends that works with me here was in 3rd. Bat. in the early 90's.

Bearcat357
06-05-2007, 01:13 PM
TP2165- I will tell you, they sure hated MP's :)

Try going through Air Assault School AND RIP at Schofield and every freaking time the class was doing something.....you would hear those magically words...... "Where my MPs at!!!" And off we would go to play the game.....

Good times.....as we got all the Black Hats back when we were on the road..... :D

ex401mp
06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
True story. Nothing I hated more was standing in formation at Benning, and have one of the ranger instructors or blackhats start asking that. Especially after a couple have just received tickets. They did got get them on post, but they always said that I was close enough. :eek: :)

Bearcat357
06-05-2007, 02:21 PM
True story. Nothing I hated more was standing in formation at Benning, and have one of the ranger instructors or blackhats start asking that. Especially after a couple have just received tickets. They did got get them on post, but they always said that I was close enough. :eek: :)

All of our Blackhats knew us from other classes/training we had done on East Range......so we were zero'd in on right off the bat....which was fine....as most of the guys that went there were able to suck it up and deal with it.......

We ended up having 2-3 guys go onto Ranger School.....I wasn't one of them. As much as I liked playing in the field....I liked LEO work better....and stuck to it.....

BlueKnight116
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
You can't spell WIMP without MP. ;)

Bearcat357
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
You can't spell WIMP without MP. ;)

Just like you can't take a crap without a good Grunt..... :D

BlueKnight116
06-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Just like you can't take a crap without a good Grunt..... :D

I'm glad to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor about it. :)

Woofdog
06-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Now that we talked a little trash about our military service and gave each other a smiley face at the end, let's go down to a cop bar and have a brew!

All of us REAL cops, I meant!

Stay safe!

ex401mp
06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I second that!!! Nothing like an ice cold brew, by the way, you buying? :D

Woofdog
06-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Nah. Let's look for a squid and make him buy the round!

Bearcat357
06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm glad to see that you haven't lost your sense of humor about it. :)

I use to have a whole line of Infantry and Tanker jokes.....along with the usual Navy, AF, and Corps jokes..... :D

It's all good....

ex401mp
06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Woofdog, that sounds like a plan!! :cool:

NYSPGreg
06-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Woof.....

After crusing through some of his prior posts.... I came up with:

--Prior AF Security Forces at Hill AFB in Utah....
--Changed jobs within the AF and is in NY State now.....working support for AF Special Ops.....
--Apparently thinks that because he is in AF Special Ops Unit (even though he is just support)....he can talk smack to folks....some of them that are BTDTs from other services.....
--Got whacked and told to go away by NYSP for having "a lead foot".....

right on..
the NYSP DQed me for unknown reason... I ASSUMED it was multiple speeding violations since I had a few thet year before I applied.
Wasn't about to drive from NYC to Albany juss to find out what happened

ya know what... ask Investigator Knapp, MRT super trooper Kakis or recently graduated beauty Creta if I am not cut for being an NYSP... they can cut whomever based on the number of applicants they get

funny that REAL cops don't ***** on ppl trying to join their agency but failed in the attempt... hell, I'm doing pretty good anyway

no I do not think I can talk ***** because I am a support for AF special ops since it is not even my full time job.

Collecting taxes for the federal government a.k.a working for the IRS is my main bread and butter... definitely not a cop but I make good money and I'm happy sitting at the federal on GS-(nunya gawt damn business) pay

NYSPGreg
06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
on another note... kudos to all service members... no matter the branch or the job u perform on duty.... no one understand us better than ourselves...

this oath we took.. and the sacrifices we go through.... MOPP 4 in 110 degree weather, up to 440 day TDYs (might as well call em permanent change of station) high divorce rate, not seeing newborn children... etc... no one understands better than another service member..

God bless all... marines, army, coast guard, air force, navy.

now back to the bashing

Aco275RGR
06-08-2007, 03:53 AM
The marines whole argument seems to go something like this:

"Well, we're the greatest cause (insert miracle here) and that's why" They don't seem to explain what the miracle is or why the have been annointed with the supernatural powers it took to accomplish it..

FACT: Marine Corps is NOT special or elite....undeniable fact...this is what irritates the men who put forth alot more time and effort to reach a certain destination and once there, the fun has only begun.

Irishluck31
06-08-2007, 04:55 AM
on another note... kudos to all service members... no matter the branch or the job u perform on duty.... no one understand us better than ourselves...

this oath we took.. and the sacrifices we go through.... MOPP 4 in 110 degree weather, up to 440 day TDYs (might as well call em permanent change of station) high divorce rate, not seeing newborn children... etc... no one understands better than another service member..

God bless all... marines, army, coast guard, air force, navy.

now back to the bashing

Hit 137 at 1330 yesterday, according to my hard car.. I long for the 110 degree days.

NYSPGreg
06-08-2007, 06:49 AM
The marines whole argument seems to go something like this:

"Well, we're the greatest cause (insert miracle here) and that's why" They don't seem to explain what the miracle is or why the have been annointed with the supernatural powers it took to accomplish it..

FACT: Marine Corps is NOT special or elite....undeniable fact...this is what irritates the men who put forth alot more time and effort to reach a certain destination and once there, the fun has only begun.

There is ALOT of misconceptions about marines. Most civilians and even some service members get caught in that marine hype. I will not deny that AF's BMT is not even nearly as demanding physically that USMC boot camp but the air force doesn't need 'grunt' airmen.

Our mission differs totally than the USMC and we arguably have the most jobs requiring some form of security clearance. Another misconception and fallacy is that marines are the first to set foot in a war theater. Are they the ones painting the laser targets and scouring the country about to be invaded for a runway able to handle our C-130s and C5s? Doubt IT!!! This is what TACP and ROMADs do. Remember that bombs fall on a country way before infantry troops arrive.

All branches are unique in the sense that we all have our specific missions. Be pride all you want about the branch you serve with, but to come to the point of undermining another branch's service or their "6 weeks boot camp" is moot IMO.

Aight lemme sit back since the Chair Force is sooo comfortable :)

Bearcat357
06-08-2007, 07:22 AM
funny that REAL cops don't ***** on ppl trying to join their agency but failed in the attempt... hell, I'm doing pretty good anyway

And you would know that how...? Oh wait.....you aren't a LEO..... Plus....I don't work for NYSP nor do I have a screen name that makes it look like I work for them..... :rolleyes:

no I do not think I can talk ***** because I am a support for AF special ops since it is not even my full time job.

Funny....you did talk crap to several other BTDT guys in a couple of your prior posts.....shall I point them out for you...?

YES I do SUPPORT. I am NOT a PJ. Funny that arguably the HARDEST special ops group of the military never brags. You never hear SEALs bragging... neither do you hear green berets

whoopty whoo for your 13 weeks... don't blame me for scoring low on your asvab and not having a clean enough background to join the air force.

Hell, the very first guys sent out in time of war are TACP folks to paint the laser targets for our jet fighters and bombers... you never hear em braggin either and I bet you that your lil 13 week boot camp is a walk in the park for any of them

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforcejoin/a/parapast.htm thats what you should be able to do to become a PJ BEFORE you are sent to boot camp

you used crypto? please marines with any kind of security clearance is laughable;)

I'm definitely just a peeon... try to do anything without any radio communication... including law enforcement... then come talk to me... you learned to assume so well in your 13 weeks of boot camp?

LMAO!!! saying that 13 weeks of marine boot camp is comparable to air force special ops training... whenever you're in the NY area please hit me up. I'd be too happy to take you to my unit and try your superpower marine skills against some scumbag PJs;)

Looks like crap talking to me....but what do I know.....

NYSPGreg
06-08-2007, 08:09 AM
I was a NYSP candidate when I joined and so what??? not ONE NYS trooper is crying about my screen name but you and woofdogs that aren't even remotely close to be linked to the NYSP. Not ONE NYS Trooper is calling me a wanna be INCLUDING the ones I PERSONALLY know, except faceless potential MSG boards fakes like u and woofdog.

as far as what you quoted as "smack talk" I could say that this WHOLE thread is smack talk!

Hell, maybe I should start a thread saying AF vets make good federal agents :rolleyes:

Bearcat357
06-08-2007, 08:24 AM
I was a NYSP candidate when I joined and so what???

Apparently you just don't get it.....you have a screen name wiht NYSP in it.....and your name....and I had to do a double take when I first saw this and several other threads you posted in because I thought you were a LEO.... Perhaps you should have used USAFGreg or something like that....to not make it appear that you are what your not....

except faceless potential MSG boards fakes like u and woofdog.

I have enough folks on here that know who I am.....so I am not worried about what you think.....

Hell, maybe I should start a thread saying AF vets make good federal agents :rolleyes:

Yeah...that would go over real good.......:rolleyes:

Woofdog
06-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Give it a rest already. Those of you who run your mouth about Marines don't have a clue. If you haven't earned the title and the EGA, are clueless about that it takes to be one and stay one.

I've worked with Battalion Rangers on ops. We have a mutual respect about each other's capabilities. I know what it takes to make it through Ranger school. Matter of fact, quite a few Marines go through the training and average out near the top of many classes. We even have Marines assigned to the school. If you're a true Ranger, you'd know all that (of course anybody can claim to be anything on an anonymous message board).

Those of you who are a "wanna-bee" and "never-was." Go back to your support role and dream about becoming one of us.

By the way, a good friend of mine is a NYSP trooper and a Marine Corps reserve officer. He knows who you are, Gregory.

Woofdog
06-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Marines - 'maybe' you can become one of us!

Naahhhhhh......

:-)

Bearcat357
06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Marines - 'maybe' you can become one of us!

Naahhhhhh......

:-)

Closest thing I am going to do in regards to becoming a Jarhead.....is help you'all celebrate the Corps Birthday...... BT/DT.....:D

I had one of my bosses whack me with his sword because I was telling jokes I shouldn't be telling around Marines..... :D

NightStix
06-08-2007, 03:26 PM
LOL....you can't be serious. With the nonstop flow of Marine propaganda an average person would indeed be dooped into thinking they would be "safer" in the hands of a jar head. I remember one idiot causing a HUGE explosion in Iraq because he was oh so wisely smoking a cigarette near a fuel dump. And then, with that Marine discipline, tossed his butt into a puddle of gasoline, and he, along with that place, was history.

I'm surprised no one else caught this. It is VIRTUALLY impossible to ignite gasoline with a lit cigarette. I was in the USMC, and my scondary was 8111 (Small Boat Coxswain) we had to mix our own fuel (Oil with the gas in bladders) and we did our own experiment to try and ignite the oil and gas (separately) with a lit cigerette, guess what, neither of them ever ignited.

So I think there is more to the story than what was told. I'm not doubting that this guy may have inadvertantly "blew" something up, but the way it happened is in serious question.

*** A lit cigerette can not reach to the required temperature to light gasoline.

Irishluck31
06-08-2007, 03:50 PM
FYI: A lit cigarete can ignite gasoline.

The Autoignition Temperature of a standard unleaded gasoline can be anywhere from 260 to 460 degrees C (or 500 to 860 deg F)

Temperature without drawing:
Side of the lit portion: 400 deg C (or 752 deg F)
Middle of the lit portion: 580 deg C (or 1112 deg F)

http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae1.cfm

Thanks to google and physlink another dangerous myth defunked.

WOW

TriggerPuller03
06-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Maybe that poor Jarhead did ignite himself up with a cigarette at a Gasoline Dump, but still sounds kinda fishy, since in my AO (AO Raleigh) I haven't EVER seen a gasoline dump since almost EVERY single fuel operated vehicle or generator we use is powered by JP-8 and I can't count how many times we tried to light JP-8 on fire using only a cigarette, even throwing it directly onto it ( in a controlled environment of course ). Again I'm not saying this specific Marine didnt happen to be at some random Fuel Dump and got himself fried, I'm just stating the facts.
I still do not understand the ****ing contest, I mean seriously, your all grown men ( Former Marines, Rangers, AF, Navy, whatever ) squabbling over which service is better, I'm dumbfounded frankly because I haven't met one servicemember over here that I haven't liked and respected for being here regardless of what bootcamp or training they've been through. I'd rather have a Combat tested cook gunning my Vic, than some Moto triggerhappy boot out of Recon BN. or Ranger School that's never heard a IED explode. Combat is the only true event that will set apart the men from the boys, not some school where you don't sleep and have to hump alot. If you don't agree, then you ain't seen it. Seriously, just squash this POINTLESS argument.

ex401mp
06-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I am just waiting on my cold brew :).

NYSPGreg
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't mind AF boot camp going from 7 to 13 weeks with MTIs like michelle manhart (http://www.furisdead.com/feat-MichelleManhart.asp?c=fidMchMtyh&OVRAW=michelle%20manhart&OVKEY=michelle%20manhart&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=3552876521&OVKWID=35360015521)

GIPD
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Hell, the very first guys sent out in time of war are TACP folks to paint the laser targets for our jet fighters and bombers... you never hear em braggin

i think we brag as much as the next guy ;)

i've met, trained and fought side by side with many marines though 5 fields and 2 tours over the big water. have nothing but the greatest respect for my fellow enlisteds (and an officer or two ;) )

GIPD sends

Aco275RGR
06-09-2007, 02:08 AM
We have a mutual respect about each other's capabilities.

HAHAHAHAHAHA....I'd personally kick any battalion rangers *** if he DISGRACED himself by comparing the 75th ranger regiment to a typical jar-head.....unbelievable.

I'll be honest, the Regular Army and Marine corps get into some ****, more often than not than the Rangers....we were "upset" that we weren't the one's dismantling fallouja, but hey, we're not the one's calling the shots....we DO however have Iraq/Afghanistan Streamers with Arrowheads...and if you don't know what the arrowhead means, ask the guys on D-Day ;)

I haven't EVER seen a gasoline dump since almost EVERY single fuel operated vehicle or generator we use is powered by JP-8

Since when do vehicles operate on Jet fuel? splain. and Diesel will blow the hell up so...what gives?

pkagel
06-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Jet fuel is JP5, JP8 is pretty much diesel and the tanks, hummers and even motor bikes all run on JP8. The difference between even JP5 and JP8 is minimal in itself. How exactly will diesel blow up?

Woofdog
06-09-2007, 08:12 AM
This Aco275RGR guy has done nothing but disrespect warriors on this message forum. Don't know what his beef is, but he obviously is looking at the world with his very own unique perspective.

Real warriors have too much respect for each other to publicly flame other elite units (other than maybe a little friendly trash talking over a cold brew).

Obviously, this guy isn't a real warrior who hasn't been there or done that.

Obviously, he doesn't know.

Woofdog
06-09-2007, 08:16 AM
It's funny.

I have friends who are/were REAL Regimental Rangers who would kick this guy's a&& for his disrespectful statements.

This guy is a phony who just wants to stir up $hit.

Out here.

Irishluck31
06-09-2007, 09:31 AM
We have a mutual respect about each other's capabilities.

HAHAHAHAHAHA....I'd personally kick any battalion rangers *** if he DISGRACED himself by comparing the 75th ranger regiment to a typical jar-head.....unbelievable.

I'll be honest, the Regular Army and Marine corps get into some ****, more often than not than the Rangers....we were "upset" that we weren't the one's dismantling fallouja, but hey, we're not the one's calling the shots....we DO however have Iraq/Afghanistan Streamers with Arrowheads...and if you don't know what the arrowhead means, ask the guys on D-Day ;)

I haven't EVER seen a gasoline dump since almost EVERY single fuel operated vehicle or generator we use is powered by JP-8

Since when do vehicles operate on Jet fuel? splain. and Diesel will blow the hell up so...what gives?

Never:confused: That whole Mogas thing sittting down the street must be a in my imagination.

Autoignition temp of jp8 is 410 degrees F. Slightly lower than that of mogas, but they will both go up with a lit ciragette. I think that was the point. The poster was simply wrong.

ex401mp
06-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey woofdog, I am still waiting on a squid to get us our beer. I thought you marines trained those squids better than that. :D

pkagel
06-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Who said us Squids are trainable anyway:D Come out to Dallas and I'll buy you your first Shiner Bock and take you to listen to some real country music.

ex401mp
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
See that woofdog? Brew offer. SHINER BOCK :confused: Hey now, never heard of that one. Funny name for a brew. Next best thing to free bullets is free beer. :D That is as long as it is not "milwaukee's best" brand :p . Strip paint with that rotgut.

pkagel
06-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Shiner Bock, made in Shiner, TX. They also have other Shiner beers but this is pretty much the standard beer around here for those that don't like that watered down junk some call beer.

http://www.shiner.com/

geek4life
06-09-2007, 04:22 PM
There are five ex-USMC guys and three ex-Army guys (I'm one of the Army guys) in my academy. So far, i'm leading the class in physical fitness category.

How do you explain that?

ex401mp
06-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Pkagel, now that sounds pretty good. I grew up in Germany, so I have been pretty spoiled with my beer preferences. I may just go downtown here and see if I can score some of that. We have a place here that sells all kinds of brew, both domestic and european.

Aco275RGR
06-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Woofdog: Instead of resorting to name-calling, why don't you address some of the fradulent claims i've supposedly made? And just because you walked up to a Army guy, and he had a Tan beret and you had no idea what that meant and asked him, doesn't mean you worked with or know regimental rangers....blocking positions don't count either.

If there is any disgrace it's the Marine Corps pretending they are dictating the game over there..

Fact: 900(roughly) Marines dead in the Iraq Campaign....Yet we have over 3500 dead all together....i wonder what branch of service is taking up the "rear"?...

There are people who actually think Marines are making up the bulk of casualties in the war.

Now i'm not trying to compare one branch of service "heroism" to another with this info, all i'm saying is the US Army is running **** over there, bleeding more, sweating more, and staying longer...why, cause it's the Army.

Bearcat357
06-10-2007, 03:44 AM
This Aco275RGR guy has done nothing but disrespect warriors on this message forum. Don't know what his beef is, but he obviously is looking at the world with his very own unique perspective.

Real warriors have too much respect for each other to publicly flame other elite units (other than maybe a little friendly trash talking over a cold brew).

Obviously, this guy isn't a real warrior who hasn't been there or done that.

Obviously, he doesn't know.

Whatever.....I will talk trash to anyone....including Jarheads.....and it appears he does as well.....

So he talks smack....that doesn't make him a poser........ :rolleyes:

towncop
06-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Woofdog: Instead of resorting to name-calling, why don't you address some of the fradulent claims i've supposedly made? And just because you walked up to a Army guy, and he had a Tan beret and you had no idea what that meant and asked him, doesn't mean you worked with or know regimental rangers....blocking positions don't count either.

If there is any disgrace it's the Marine Corps pretending they are dictating the game over there..

Fact: 900(roughly) Marines dead in the Iraq Campaign....Yet we have over 3500 dead all together....i wonder what branch of service is taking up the "rear"?...

There are people who actually think Marines are making up the bulk of casualties in the war.

Now i'm not trying to compare one branch of service "heroism" to another with this info, all i'm saying is the US Army is running **** over there, bleeding more, sweating more, and staying longer...why, cause it's the Army.

:rolleyes:

Why don't you guys put this thread to bed for goodness sake? The little 'ole Army will ALWAYS think they're bigger and badder. We as Marines KNOW the truth. It's no use to try to change minds fellow Devil Dogs. :D Now, let's debate something that we can actually prove! LOL

towncop
06-10-2007, 03:46 AM
There are five ex-USMC guys and three ex-Army guys (I'm one of the Army guys) in my academy. So far, i'm leading the class in physical fitness category.

How do you explain that?

UM, your physical make-up is better than theirs. :rolleyes: Has nothing to do with you being an Army doggie.

SWATCybercop
06-10-2007, 09:18 AM

How do you explain that?

Big deal.

When I went to my OA class we had 3 of us Marines in a class of 27 officers. We Marines ran and lifted circles around all of them, except for one Army CPT(sel) who was a marathon runner.

It's funny - all 3 of us also seemed to be appointed to class leadership roles.

Congratulations on your superior physical abilities. But it has nothing to do with Army training.

I agree with Woofdog - REAL WARRIORS respect each other, regardless of service.

REMF's and wanna-be's don't.

pkagel
06-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Funny thing with any beer that doesn't look the same on both input and output is that they refuse to say it is domestic. I had a kid at a resturant here say Shiner wasn't domestic and I had to remind him that Shiner TX was in fact part of TX and it doesn't get much more domestic than that, LOL.

Now, if I'm feeling the need for some good thick stuff I always like to run towards Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout. It's like breakfast in a bottle, lol.

No, people, I'm not a big drinker but when I do drink I refuse to drink junk.

Pkagel, now that sounds pretty good. I grew up in Germany, so I have been pretty spoiled with my beer preferences. I may just go downtown here and see if I can score some of that. We have a place here that sells all kinds of brew, both domestic and european.

JTShooter
06-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I love these ****ing contests, especially when they resort to name calling. Good times.

As far as the cig in fuel controversy, JP8 cannot be lit by a cig or a match. That is why when you burn your s*** you have to mix MOGAS (gasoline) in with it in order to get it to light. Besides, if this "Marine" actually threw his cig in a puddle of mogas or JP8, it would just ignite, not explode. Gasoline needs heat and pressure in order to explode. Just like being able to light C-4 in order to stay warm. The story about the Marine blowing up the fuel dump sounds like many other "stories" I heard in the sand box.

As far as this inter-service rivalry, it's good we have it. It's a great way to get the stress out. But let's not let it go too far. We all bleed the same.

I'm ex-Army. Worked with every service shy the Coast Guard. I hold much respect to all. We're all brothers and know something that civilians will never know. Let's keep it civil people.

Irishluck31
06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I love these ****ing contests, especially when they resort to name calling. Good times.

As far as the cig in fuel controversy, JP8 cannot be lit by a cig or a match. That is why when you burn your s*** you have to mix MOGAS (gasoline) in with it in order to get it to light. Besides, if this "Marine" actually threw his cig in a puddle of mogas or JP8, it would just ignite, not explode. Gasoline needs heat and pressure in order to explode. Just like being able to light C-4 in order to stay warm. The story about the Marine blowing up the fuel dump sounds like many other "stories" I heard in the sand box.

As far as this inter-service rivalry, it's good we have it. It's a great way to get the stress out. But let's not let it go too far. We all bleed the same.

I'm ex-Army. Worked with every service shy the Coast Guard. I hold much respect to all. We're all brothers and know something that civilians will never know. Let's keep it civil people.

Crime scene investigator right? Even when provided with the exact science you dispute it. Thats funny.

BTW your prior service not EX. I know its longer to say, but what the hell.

ex401mp
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
I agree, no need to get personal. Now, who's buying? Hey pkagel, I called the place near here and they have some, so I am going there after shift tomorrow and give that beer a try. On another point. we are supposed to be cops here, so dont let the rivalry get personal. I do not care what branch you was with, as long as you are a cop, I will always get your back on the road. Besides, I am not in the Army anymore, I liked it while I was there, but I am a cop now. Be safe.

NYSPGreg
06-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Crime scene investigator right? Even when provided with the exact science you dispute it. Thats funny.

BTW your prior service not EX. I know its longer to say, but what the hell.

lmao@ prior service...

kind of like saying "back when I was active duty" to sound saltier... :D

blackandgold978
06-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, might as well throw in my two bits.......

First, some of you know I'm not a Marine, I'm in the Air National Guard. That said, I have a few co-workers at my S.O. who were Lima Company marines before they became deputies. (I'm speaking about the Marine reserve Infantry company from Ohio that took heavy casualties in Iraq. :( They were featured on both the Discovery Channel and the Military Channel about a year ago.)

I am going on the record now and will say that they are fine deputies and extremely brave men. I have been down-range also, but did not face nearly as much danger as those guys on a day to day basis.

Sure, I love to bash Marines as Jar-Heads or brainwashed like any other rival service.......:D

But I'm utterly convinced that Marines make fine LEO's, just like most of their service counterparts.

JTShooter
06-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Exact science? Are you speaking about your post stating that gasoline can be lit by a cigarette? I agreed with you. I said JP-8 can't be lit in that matter. I know gasoline can be lit. I also stated that gasoline won't explode unless pressure is induced. I believe we've had a miscommunication.

NYSPGreg
06-10-2007, 09:12 PM
for an explosion to occur there must be ample vapor and fumes... gasoline in its liquid form will ignite and burn but not explode...

thats why an empty gas tank is much more dangerous than a full gas tank

pkagel
06-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Actually, no liquid will burn, only gasses. Scientifically speaking of course.

Doc_STA
07-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Excluding my own horrible example, marines make great federal agents and great cops.

This is not because we had the best basic, the best corp spirit, the best looking women (Chair Farce women? Come on!,) the best haircuts, the most interesting clearance-controlled/Intel shops (excluding combat controllers, imho), or the most suspicious chow.

It is because we had the best uniforms.

My $0.02

Irishluck31
07-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Exact science? Are you speaking about your post stating that gasoline can be lit by a cigarette? I agreed with you. I said JP-8 can't be lit in that matter. I know gasoline can be lit. I also stated that gasoline won't explode unless pressure is induced. I believe we've had a miscommunication.

At what tempature does JP8 ignite? What is the tempature of the end of a lit cigarette?

There is enough heat, but not enough area. A cigarette will light JP8, base only on the amount of heat.

tactical208
07-20-2007, 11:18 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARMY enough with the macho BS about who is and is not better. I can remember rolling a few Marines back in the day because they had big mouth and even bigger egos, that's what got those boys into trouble.

But with all that aside, we are all still Americas Warriors, respect each others service, branch and Espirit De Corp. We'll all on the same team and have the same objectives.

Now put it to sleep.

towncop
07-21-2007, 02:53 AM
You're right, let's put it to sleep. I can even remember my days of rolling some Army doggies with big mouths as well as macho egos at a school I was attending (multi-service school). Can't we all just get along? :D

navy80
07-21-2007, 12:41 PM
The Marines do have the best looking females by far, I cant say so much for the Navy though.

AIDTW
07-23-2007, 11:31 AM
um... where can I find these females? Because where I'm at, that is DEFINITLY not the case.....

Sean0352
08-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow. I go away for a long time and all sorts of stuff happens. Alot of folks saying who is better than who and all that. I'm just a Sgt in the USMC, not an LEO. I decided to stay here a little longer to serve my country. For all of you Warriors out there, it dont matter what branch your in, your serving. Every branch has a specific mission. Marines are riflemen, first and foremost. You cant talk trash because that's the truth. We are riflemen. I have friends in all services. AF EOD, Navy EOD, Army EOD, USMC EOD, SF, SEALs, MARSOC(or whatever it's called now), Regular Army, AF SF...the list goes on. I have worked with everyone. I spent 9 months in Ramadi, I ran QRF/CASEVAC for ST5. I ran QRF/CASEVAC for a Brigade Recon team. I have friends who I almost lost in Mogadishu. Yeah it seems like everybody else but the USMC has schools. It's cheaper that way. Who cares. It's not what silly little hat you wear, or what's on your sleeve, chest or where ever you pin your badges, pins, etc. It's the Stars and Stripes, and the man to your left and your right. I dont care what branch you are If we've bled together, were family.

To all you former Marines out there.
Those of us who are still on duty are keeping up with what you started.
SEMPER FIDELIS!!!

TriggerPuller03
I put the "Ft Knox" sign up at ECP2 in Fallujah. I hear it's still there. Keep the fight going.

If were still sticking our chest out about who's cooler and who's done what....1st Bn 6th Marines turned the city of Ramadi around in 7 months. Saving Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine lives in the process. I know because I was there and Lion 6(Gen Petraeus) told us that when he came to visit.

Feel free to flame me, or pick apart my post. I'm going underground again. See yall later.

StalkerCop
08-03-2007, 02:40 AM
I had a couple Marines in my Academy class. One of which thought his **** didnt stink and took the role as our un-official class leader. Not a bad guy just a little cocky. The funny thing is he was from a local PD with four other recruits. All but him made it off of FTO. The told him he just didnt get it and released him from duty. Last I heard he tried getting hired by another agency but around here if you fail out of FTO with one agency, most others will not hire you.

SWATCybercop
08-04-2007, 03:58 PM
ENOUGH of this childish nonsense!

tgmoore
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
As far as I am concerned either you are a pogue or you are a door kicker. If your not in the Infantry, Spec Ops or working in DIRECT support of (that meanings rucking with them) them you are a nasty pogue.

As a former Marine Infantryman I have more in common with my combat arms brothers in the Army then I do with a pogue in the Marine Corps.

Frankly I think MCT is a load of crap, the level of daily training to keep up the perishable Infantry skill set is just not a reality for support units.

Everyone wants to be proud of what they do and that is a good thing. If you are a box kicker or a clerk or a grunt be the best you can be regardless of branch.

stangfather
08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
As far as I am concerned either you are a pogue or you are a door kicker. If your not in the Infantry, Spec Ops or working in DIRECT support of (that meanings rucking with them) them you are a nasty pogue.

As a former Marine Infantryman I have more in common with my combat arms brothers in the Army then I do with a pogue in the Marine Corps.

Frankly I think MCT is a load of crap, the level of daily training to keep up the perishable Infantry skill set is just not a reality for support units.

Everyone wants to be proud of what they do and that is a good thing. If you are a box kicker or a clerk or a grunt be the best you can be regardless of branch.

LOL right on..

i can tell you tho, the pogues ALWAYS get the best of everything..ive had to wait on pogues to go thru the chow line so i could eat after 48 hrs without hot chow or a cold drink..i then had to wait while they got thier second shower of the day..

some people almost got physically assaulted that day LOL

SR-25
08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
all i'm saying is the US Army is running **** over there, bleeding more, sweating more, and staying longer...why, cause it's the Army.

Think about what you just said. So you think your running **** because you die more often? You might want to reconsider your thinking on this matter and you may want to direct it into the route of quality of training.

SR-25
08-20-2007, 05:34 PM

+1 MCT is a joke.

Columbus
08-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Lol wow, I just read this whole thread. I had no idea that Marines had that type of reputation among the other branches.

armycid
08-22-2007, 06:26 AM
X-Marines are not the best choice for police work.

The best ones are the MP and Criminial Investigative Seriveices.

Their jobs are just counterparts of local patrol officers and detectives.

Woofdog
08-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Is this stupid discussion still going on?

Nightshift va
08-22-2007, 10:54 AM

Im not gonna get into the army vs marine debate, the question was xmarines make good cops? Short answer "Yes", especially when on a City Police Department regardless of M.O.S just because they are more used to "overcome and adapt" that comes with the politics of this job and they can easily go from professional hi how are you officer friendly to using deadly force at a blink of an eye without overthinking or hesitation if the need arises. But I also agree in part to armycid after being an FTO for many years it does seem to work out better for prior LE experience such as former MP's and CID wheter it be Army or Marines because they have a basis of knowledge that does relate to our jobs. I dont agree with the broad statement though that the best one's in general are former MP's and CID because I know many excellent cops now who had many non lawenforcement MOS and do an excellent job. The job itself is diverse. Some officers are great at traffic some are gifted at interdiction some are great investigators. There also is a huge difference in Civilian Police work and Military Police because military personnel dont share the freedoms of an american citizen and even "non" citizen with regards to the constitution and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Ill take a former Marine on my squad though any day of the week over some ive seen though.:cool:

NARC01
08-22-2007, 08:36 PM

Check your spelling before you go and bash other people!

Sincerely,

Former Sgt. of Marines

moorejam
08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I thought we had more branches than just the Army and the Marine Corp? Wait, I might just be speaking from experience here but arent there three(3) other military branches in the US? I believe that they have their own law enforcement units as well! Hmm, it is also funny how one person will say that they want to end all this ridiculous trash talk and then two(2) sentences later mention again how their branch is better. I know that I dished out my 2 cents when I should not have but seriously, is all of this really that necessary?

The AF is better!
The Marines are better!
The Army is better!
The Navy is better!
The Coast Guard is better!

I dont really give a flying F*** what you think your branch is! They are just opinions...NOT FACTS! Now, having that said, hopefully some of you can get that past your thick ***** ego blocking the proper functioning of your brain... Who cares if a cigarette can ignite JP8 or JP5? I dont know who is going to be dumb enough to try and ignite a tank of gasosline on fire within throwing distance of a cigarette...E-mail it to MythBusters and let them figure it out. Im only 22 and I feel older than most people replying on this thread.

SoCalSheriff
08-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I dont think I could have said it any better. I do know that I would not have been so nice about it.

In Iraq, I served w/ Army units to our flanks, The Air Force bombed some hard targets for us, My corpsman was Navy and I was, obviously, a Marine. Guess what I figured out over there?

We all bleed red and when the SHTF, you dont care what branch of service backs you up. All you care about is getting your sorry butt out of the trouble you are currently in.

Sean0352
08-28-2007, 12:47 AM
SoCal, what unit are you with? Or were with?

SoCalSheriff
08-28-2007, 12:52 AM
was with 2/1, then as a reservist w/ 4th LAR. I was an 0352 until apr. 06 when I changed to 0369

GIPD
08-28-2007, 07:31 AM
I dont know who is going to be dumb enough to try and ignite a tank of gasosline on fire within throwing distance of a cigarette..

i dunno. i bet if the idea had been brought up on one of the many boring nights spent in the desert i wouldve woken up with a darker tan and singed eyebrows :D

Sean0352
08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
SoCal, cool. I may look you up when I get back to Pendleton next month. I'm doing the SOI instructor bit.

Whrzmud
09-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I don’t mean to bash here and remember we all bleed red white and blue, but this statement I have issues with:

airforce Combat controller teams make marines look like pansies

The reason being is when my FOB got hit with a mortar attack while in Iraq I had a CC in my hooch. My bunk was the closest to the door and he was at the back of the tent. At the time our FOB only had sand bags 3 stacks high ( I wish I could b*tch slap the CO of that FOB, thank the Lord he lost his command) I was the lucky sob that got hit with a full blast from that 82mm mortar round it blew me back about 10 feet.

I was all “I have pressure dressings in my Grenade pouch!” and the CC just stood there with the deer in the headlight look on his face. I even had to scream at him to “snap him out of it”.

When I realized that he wasn’t going to be any help at all I told him to scream for a Medic. A Mute could have screamed louder for a medic than what he did. So I had to apply my own pressure dressings try to stop the flow of blood out of my body (over 200 holes is a pain in the arse) and scream for a medic and not go into shock.

Only thing that saved my chest was my IBA (black sappy plates) but they say the Hooch looked like Swiss cheese and like someone poured a 10gal bucket of blood on the floor.

Now the Black Hawk ride to Babylon is a whole different story saved for a bonfire and beer party.

Woofdog
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I don’t mean to bash here and remember we all bleed red white and blue, but this statement I have issues with:

The reason being is when my FOB got hit with a mortar attack while in Iraq I had a CC in my hooch. My bunk was the closest to the door and he was at the back of the tent. At the time our FOB only had sand bags 3 stacks high ( I wish I could b*tch slap the CO of that FOB, thank the Lord he lost his command) I was the lucky sob that got hit with a full blast from that 82mm mortar round it blew me back about 10 feet.

I was all “I have pressure dressings in my Grenade pouch!” and the CC just stood there with the deer in the headlight look on his face. I even had to scream at him to “snap him out of it”.

When I realized that he wasn’t going to be any help at all I told him to scream for a Medic. A Mute could have screamed louder for a medic than what he did. So I had to apply my own pressure dressings try to stop the flow of blood out of my body (over 200 holes is a pain in the arse) and scream for a medic and not go into shock.

Only thing that saved my chest was my IBA (black sappy plates) but they say the Hooch looked like Swiss cheese and like someone poured a 10gal bucket of blood on the floor.

Now the Black Hawk ride to Babylon is a whole different story saved for a bonfire and beer party.

Let me tell you about this guy who made that statement. He's a wanna-be. He uses the screen name "NYSPGreg" to pretend he's a member of the NY State Police, which he's not. He's an Air Force support pogue who was turned down for a LE job. He doesn't rate the sweat of a real Marine's or Soldier's back side.

JTShooter
09-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Let me tell you about this guy who made that statement. He's a wanna-be. He uses the screen name "NYSPGreg" to pretend he's a member of the NY State Police, which he's not. He's an Air Force support pogue who was turned down for a LE job. He doesn't rate the sweat of a real Marine's or Soldier's back side.

Hmm, yes, his story is an interesting one... especially the ride to Babylon... and his profile says he's a Sergeant with 17 years in the military.....

Well, either way, I would suggest to any Admins dealing with this section to close this thread, nothing good is going to come of it.

Woofdog
09-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Hmm, yes, his story is an interesting one... especially the ride to Babylon... and his profile says he's a Sergeant with 17 years in the military.....

Well, either way, I would suggest to any Admins dealing with this section to close this thread, nothing good is going to come of it.

I agree. It's run it's course. Stay Safe!

I heard Fred's gonna announce tonite...

USMC1371
09-09-2007, 01:33 PM
It is all good :) . Like you I am proud to be a part of something. Besides, just like active duty, there is plenty of inter-service ribbing going on ;) . Ex- Army, but bleed blue now. Besides, everyone knows that Rangers Lead The Way!! (lol, comon, gotta love that!! class 2-87)
& I'll add to that rivalry...
Aren't
Ready (to be)
Marines
Yet

Just dishin' it back... :)

Some people on here need to learn to take a joke.
Of course we're all gonna say our service is better, because you were part of it.
I don't see any problem in a little rivalry, competition forces you to step it up & do one better.
But, there's always one ego-tripping a**hole, who takes offense to everything & thinks he's being singled out...

Whatever though, I enjoy the rivalry...
& here's some help for the ex-Army (PS: no such thing as ex-Marines, once a Marine, Always a Marine).
Marines
Are
Required
Intellligence
Not
Essential

LOL
Semper Fi

USMC1371
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Take a joke...
Besides, I can give it right back:
When Fallujah needed to be seized, who was called in:
Nope, it wasn't Army paratroopers... the 82nd already retreated (or were forced out) of Falljuah & abandonned the city to terrorists.
I cannot recall a time in history where any Marine unit retreated...
The Marines were called upon to take Fallujah. We went straight in through sections of the city the Army would not set foot in without the luxury of heavy armor on all sides of them...
(So, that's our "bullet proof" complex someone was talking about, I guess.)
I can go on & on...
Who took Baghdad in three days? MARINES
Who is trusted to guard the Whitehouse? MARINES
Which service is doing 80% of combat operatitions, yet is less than 20% of the US troop population? MARINES
What service currently holds the 2 most hostile cities in Iraq? MARINES
What branch says, "never leave a man behind", yet has had more men & women captured than any other??? that's the ARMY
Who is the most motivated & dedicated, bar none??? MARINES

any questions?

JTShooter
09-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Take a joke...
Besides, I can give it right back:
When Fallujah needed to be seized, who was called in:
Nope, it wasn't Army paratroopers... the 82nd already retreated (or were forced out) of Falljuah & abandonned the city to terrorists.
I cannot recall a time in history where any Marine unit retreated...
The Marines were called upon to take Fallujah. We went straight in through sections of the city the Army would not set foot in without the luxury of heavy armor on all sides of them...
(So, that's our "bullet proof" complex someone was talking about, I guess.)
I can go on & on...
Who took Baghdad in three days? MARINES
Who is trusted to guard the Whitehouse? MARINES
Which service is doing 80% of combat operatitions, yet is less than 20% of the US troop population? MARINES
What service currently holds the 2 most hostile cities in Iraq? MARINES
What branch says, "never leave a man behind", yet has had more men & women captured than any other??? that's the ARMY
Who is the most motivated & dedicated, bar none??? MARINES

any questions?

LOL, good stuff man.
However I do disagree with some of your "facts", but I will hand it to you Marines and the job you did in Al Anbar providence. You got the stuff kicked out of you at first, but you showed them what the might of the US Military can do.

Woofdog
09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
OK - can we stop it now - while we're still friends?

CaptJ
09-10-2007, 02:23 AM
After working with the best of each branch of service I would have to say that none are better then the other. They all get the same quality training in the end. All the guys I worked with were highly motivated and very well trained. All of them could do the job and accomplish the mission. In the spec ops world (the real one not the wannabee one some have been portraying) everyone goes to some of each others schools and dose some joint training. Every SFG and Ranger Bat has some Air Force guys in it and the SEALS and USMC work with everyone now. I was in when things were still segregated in spec ops and was also in when things were under a joint command in FL (JSOCOM). I can tell you things are better now that everyone is playing along and doing joint training and ops. I have worked with some top notch Army, Navy, AF, and USMC folks. I stand behind them all and am proud to have known and worked with them. I would never single one out and say his branch of service is better because he personally can do more push ups, won in some bar fight, or won a Ranger Challenge. As far as I am concerned all combat troops are the same and all spec ops troops are the same. Some just specialize in particular areas. E.G. I do not care how, "Bad ***," one of my SF guys is. I am still calling up the attached AF Romad to call my Air. I still want to know a Marine has my back if I need it.

Grow up and get over it some of you. Inter service rivalry has always been around and is not going to stop. For the most part, the guys who have really been there and worked with each other know the truth. We joke in jest but respect each other.

FYI: It is not hard to pick out the phonies here. To the rest, thanks for your service.

Whrzmud
09-12-2007, 03:18 PM

can't quite figure out if your saying I'm not telling the truth or what in this post, but i got a 201 and a P3 to prove it if you are. lol

JTShooter
09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
can't quite figure out if your saying I'm not telling the truth or what in this post, but i got a 201 and a P3 to prove it if you are. lol

Nah man, I'm not here to call anyone out. Got better things to do then weed out the phonies or prove the real deal.

Irishluck31
09-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Not sure what a medical profile and personel file have to do with it Corporal McCallahan. Wouldnt have been easier to say "I have a purple heart to prove it"?

Its SAPI (Smal Arms Protective Insert) not sappy, even privates know that.

JTShooter
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Not sure what a medical profile and personel file have to do with it Corporal McCallahan. Wouldnt have been easier to say "I have a purple heart to prove it"?

Its SAPI (Smal Arms Protective Insert) not sappy, even privates know that.

Good times. Hey Whrzmud, which FOB was this incident at? Just curious, the incident sounds familiar... don't worry, the FOB names aren't classified....

MarineGrunt
09-15-2007, 10:25 PM
zzzzzzz I am going to go back to pulling out my eyelids now

towncop
09-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Good deal MarineGrunt. Maybe we all (and I mean "we" as the Marines on this thread) can keep our food holes closed about this topic, which had taken a VERY childish turn and finally let this thread die!

MarineGrunt
09-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Grow up and get over it some of you. Inter service rivalry has always been around and is not going to stop. For the most part, the guys who have really been there and worked with each other know the truth. We joke in jest but respect each other.

FYI: It is not hard to pick out the phonies here. To the rest, thanks for your service.

Agreed, after serving in An Nasiriyah and surronding cities during major combat operations, I can tell you seeing the Air Force above and the Army in Bradleys is a welcome sight. They helped us when we needed it most. Now there was the incident where an A10 took out some Marines but in the end also took out many Iraqi. If you take on this bitter rivalry between forces either you do it in fun or haven't been in a situation where supplies are low ammo is scarce and the enemy has you pinned down in a city of thousands of insurgents and thank god here comes someone to help out.

Cant forget our Navy corpsmen who had more heart than some of our Marines

SWATCybercop
09-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Semper Fi, Marines. God bless our Corps.

InlandEmpire
10-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Hey guys and gals:) Just for info,,I havn't read any of the posts on this thread,,because I just don't have the time. I'm just responding to the "Ex-Marines make good cops". I'm a former Marine and very proud of my service and persanal accomlishments ect ect.. I will say this, and I mean it, from all the yeras I've served in law enforcement...

Being a former Marine means absolutlely nothing when it comes to whether you would be a good cop. I work with many people who were in the military (all branches),,and people who never served in the armed forces. I've worked with non-military types who are some of the BEST street cops in the country,,period! They know the streets,the criminal lifestyle,,and are completely in tune with the criminal element. They know their street tactics, weapons ect ect... It has nothing to do with prior military service!! I've known some former Marines who were complete lops,,and just couldn't get it. Many never made our FTO program, and went on with other options in life.

On the other hand,,,,I know some OUTSTANDING former Jar Heads,,and other prior military types,,who are just as great as the other cops I just mentioned. They are no different from the ones who were never in the military!

Men and women who served in our armed forces have (by right) the edge in the LE hiring process,,because they have direct experience in the United States regimented military lifestyle. Police organizations are, for the most part, para-military..so naturally,,men and women with military experience will most likely survive in that enviornment. Statistically,,they will survive the police academy much easier,,and survive a para-military organization after the academy. But comparing, by design, the U.S. military and police work,,is like comparing two apples and oranges. In the end,,,it really doesn't matter.

Bottom line..God bless anyone who served our country,,and they deserve all the credit cops get. But comparing the two is a waste of time.

armycid
11-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Check your spelling before you go and bash other people!

Sincerely,

Former Sgt. of Marines

Ok,

Fluck your smother.

See any spelling mistakes here this time?

By the way, please tell me how did I "go and bash" anyone in the original post?

Truthfully

Active Duty Army CID Agent

That Guy
11-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Geez you guys done already? The machismo is overflowing into other threads. Lets just say "people" make good cops.....well most do anyway.

TGY

Woofdog
11-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok,

Fluck your smother.

See any spelling mistakes here this time?

By the way, please tell me how did I "go and bash" anyone in the original post?

Truthfully

Active Duty Army CID Agent

I wonder how CID command would feel about this unprofessional individual's posting. Provided, of course, he's not an impostor wannabee.

jaybird33081
12-14-2007, 04:35 AM
whats up guys looks like i just found a pssing match between the branches here lol got a question i just finishing up my 2yr degree in LE was looking at a reserve or guard to join after i finish school i will be 28yr old then was looking at n'gaurd mp marine reserve mp or air force security forces (which i know nothing about cept what i have read here today) also i live in MN so if any of you guys can clue me in on what basic is like(terms of length what to expect ect.) what deployment is like, it was a toss up between MC and guards but gonna look at AF now too. any info would be cool. thanks guys

Spammail.dj
12-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Marines are jarheads. Rangers are where it's at. :cool:

ARMY: Ain't Really Marines Yet

reils49
12-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Jaybird, just be ready to pack your seabags. Gaurd/Reservists pull their share of OIF/OEF deployments these days. Its a good experience, no matter what branch you join, but understand that its serious business if you get called up. I have several buddies who are in the guard, and all have been to Iraq, one of them has been 3 times. Especially MP's, there is a high demand for them right now. Just be smart about it.

reils49
12-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Semper Fi!!!!!!!

Federales
12-27-2007, 10:52 PM
In the Air Force Security Forces field, a great deal of the training we get is LE related and I am in the AF Security Forces field but I do nuclear security. Marines migth be able to follow orders and they might be very disciplined but with all of that ability to follow orders, do they have the ability to make their own decisions that are not on a battlefield? Its great that they have that disclipline but I believe that is what makes the AF SF and the USMC LE fields so much different. Dont get me wrong, Im not knockin' on the USMC or any other branch, but with my experience of working next to the Army every once in awhile, it seems like the AF takes control of situations on the installation because the Army MP didnt know how to react during a domestic. Even when I was in high school, My Master Gunnery Sergeant in JROTC told me that I should go into the AF for LE training if I was going to be a civilian cop because the USMC didnt have the kind of training that the AF has. Like I said, this is just what I have experienced.
Its been my experience with AF LE that they have an overzealous opinion of their abilities and lack the ability to use proper discretion. I don't automatically discard former AF Law Enforcement officer applicants, but I have never had one make it through an interview with me. Other AF job applicants have turned out to be very successful in my organization.

Federales
12-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey guys and gals:) Just for info,,I havn't read any of the posts on this thread,,because I just don't have the time. I'm just responding to the "Ex-Marines make good cops". I'm a former Marine and very proud of my service and persanal accomlishments ect ect.. I will say this, and I mean it, from all the yeras I've served in law enforcement...

Being a former Marine means absolutlely nothing when it comes to whether you would be a good cop. I work with many people who were in the military (all branches),,and people who never served in the armed forces. I've worked with non-military types who are some of the BEST street cops in the country,,period! They know the streets,the criminal lifestyle,,and are completely in tune with the criminal element. They know their street tactics, weapons ect ect... It has nothing to do with prior military service!! I've known some former Marines who were complete lops,,and just couldn't get it. Many never made our FTO program, and went on with other options in life.

On the other hand,,,,I know some OUTSTANDING former Jar Heads,,and other prior military types,,who are just as great as the other cops I just mentioned. They are no different from the ones who were never in the military!

Men and women who served in our armed forces have (by right) the edge in the LE hiring process,,because they have direct experience in the United States regimented military lifestyle. Police organizations are, for the most part, para-military..so naturally,,men and women with military experience will most likely survive in that enviornment. Statistically,,they will survive the police academy much easier,,and survive a para-military organization after the academy. But comparing, by design, the U.S. military and police work,,is like comparing two apples and oranges. In the end,,,it really doesn't matter.

Bottom line..God bless anyone who served our country,,and they deserve all the credit cops get. But comparing the two is a waste of time.
Thank you, a well written post. Thinking back to my 15 years in uniform the only thing that really applied to my LEO job is dealing with different types of people. The same skill you can get as a bus driver in a major city.

CityCopDC
12-28-2007, 01:55 AM
I have found over the years that many exceptionaly good cops were former Marines. The only problem is they think they are 'bullett proof". But they can make snap dicisions with a greater propensity that the avg. academy guy. But they are already well grounded but so RIGID and DUTIFULYY SWORN TO DO THE JOB AND GET THE JOB DONE!*

I was never in the military and I think Im a very good officer.... :eek:

DAL
12-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Some do, some don't. Many flunk the background or the psych, and a lot of them have trouble with the written test. If they make it through everything, I think they generally turn out pretty well, but not always.

That Guy
12-29-2007, 02:30 AM
I was never in the military and I think Im a very good officer.... :eek:

You maybe, but you are still a loser! Didn't you know its the military or nothing!;):D:eek:

TGY

mikemac64
12-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I work (for now) in a department with all services represented (14 cops). 2 Marines, 1 Army, 1 Coast Guard, 1 Navy, and 1 AF (allegedly).

We have a lot of good natured kidding and back and forth with interservice rivalry stuff. It's a lot of fun, but in the end everyone knows the truth: MARINES RULE!!!

Topsy Krets
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
In the special Ops definition: It states the Marine Corp is a small ARMY. The same responsibility,psychological testing and physical challenges we have all accomplished the same things. But the sad part about this discussion is that as we continue to bicker, the Military Industrial Complex or as some may know UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CORP: still collects interest and legal tender from the Blood,Sweat,and Tears of those individuals calling themselves Citizens of the U.S. So in all actuallity none of us are any good. As the great British Empire once said: They have nothing,got nothing,and will never be counted as anything. Welcome to the real War

Bearcat357
01-03-2008, 04:11 AM
In the special Ops definition: It states the Marine Corp is a small ARMY. The same responsibility,psychological testing and physical challenges we have all accomplished the same things. But the sad part about this discussion is that as we continue to bicker, the Military Industrial Complex or as some may know UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CORP: still collects interest and legal tender from the Blood,Sweat,and Tears of those individuals calling themselves Citizens of the U.S. So in all actuallity none of us are any good. As the great British Empire once said: They have nothing,got nothing,and will never be counted as anything. Welcome to the real War

Huh.....??? :rolleyes:

Jarhead1302
01-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I am pretty sure that Krets is an idiot.

Bearcat357
01-04-2008, 02:43 AM
I am pretty sure that Krets is an idiot.

Or a tin-foil hat moron....... :D

SergeantJay
01-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree with Federales. Having been in the service really doesn't have anything to do with it...

11b101abn
01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
What a huge crank measuring contest.

Let me whip mine out...

I bleed green, the Army is as much a part of my life as being born. That said, I dont treat other, lesser beings (:D) as if they are in.

Here's my take:

Army, specifically, Inf, Abn, SF, where my head's at. Love it.

USMC, mad respect, some of my favorite human beings are Marines.

Navy, My dad was a Naval officer during WWII, nuff' said.

Coast Guard, perhaps the most under-recognized of all of us, deserve more respect than most.

Air force, with the exception of PJ's and all that, they can police up our fast-ropes............

;)

tactical208
01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Is this still going, man can we put a lid on the testosterone and understand that all military service members, past, present and future are all equal. We may have had different jobs in the service but we all stood for one thing...FREEDOM. With that comes a price, some have paid the ultimate price, while you guys are trying to see who's balls are bigger. Reflect back on all the heroes this country has lost because theydied for our way of life, and you guys are on a freaking power trip................UNBELIEVEABLE.

Columbus
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
When and how did the thread name get changed?

USMCadam
01-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Just saying hello to all the "OLD SCHOOL" Marines, the salty dogs!!!

-SEMPER FI-

*KISS THE WINGS!!!

23C
02-02-2008, 01:57 PM
USMS and SWATCybercop,

Those who spout derogatory comments about our Marine Corps are clueless. Regardless of MOS, every single Jarhead in the Marine Corps is first and foremost a rifleman (even our females).

As we know, our Boot Camp and follow-on ITS are grueling rites of passage. But that's not the end of it. It's the follow-on training, discipline, leadership, and ethos that sets the Marines apart from every other service.

I'm not comparing a highly trained AF PJ to a Marine supply clerk. Clearly, the skill set for their missions is different. Yet, the Marine successfully endured Marine Corps Boot Camp and post-recruit Infantry training school, and therefore is a Marine who can and will be "plugged" into an infantry platoon if the situation requires. This is happening, even as we speak, in-country in Iraq, where Marines of all MOS's are patrolling, manning perimeters, providing convoy security, and killing the enemies of America.

Annual Essential Training ensures Marines of ALL MOS's are kept skilled in Infantry subjects, and provides a reminder that EVERY Jarhead is first and foremost a Grunt. (Even our lawyers have assumed command of line companies in time of war!). Marine physical fitness and disciplinary standards are tougher than any other service. You won't find officers and enlisted personnel on first name basis.

So we brag a little. Mea culpa. We feel we earned it. And yes, we think we're the best d&mned uniformed service our country has to offer.

God bless the Marines, and our U.S. Navy Corpsmen, RP's, doctors, nurses and chaplains.

Semper Fidelis.

Death before Dishonor.

I have to agree with this post. I am former Army and have served with every branch. Both "regulars" in their respective branches and their branches "special ops". That said, when you take a normal marine versus a normal soldier, airmen, or seamen, I think the marine wins most of the time in terms of fighting skills. I know there are worthless people in every branch...I have run across them. But the marines do instill things in their recruits that cannot be found in the other branches. This is just my observation.

nateljen80
02-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I have to agree with this post. I am former Army and have served with every branch. Both "regulars" in their respective branches and their branches "special ops". That said, when you take a normal marine versus a normal soldier, airmen, or seamen, I think the marine wins most of the time in terms of fighting skills. I know there are worthless people in every branch...I have run across them. But the marines do instill things in their recruits that cannot be found in the other branches. This is just my observation.

This is a highly arrogant, devisive and self-serving thread. Not untypical of anything to do with Marines. That being said. Marines "think they are better" therefore they are. Much like other elite units ie, paratroopers, ect. ect which is typical of the esprit decorp of hard charging units. However, saying a Marine would be better than say an army medic as a police officer is ridiculous. Two totally different jobs with different ROE's and missions. That marines are better than other units is a semantical jerk off. All of our men and women are heroes and when a terrorist is shot by them I highly doubt he thinks on whether it was fired by a Marine or a supply clerk in the army. In my opinion you either have common sense or not. That is the attribute which makes a good Police Officer as well as soldier/marine/ect.ect. The Marines no matter how much suck they make you go through in bootcamp cannot teach you common sense. You either have it or you dont.
Sorry for the long post I was bored.

Jas151
02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Woof-dog, give me a break. Who do you think teaches Marines how to jump out of planes? Most of the schools that recon and force recon go to are Army schools (They go to Army Ranger school, basic airborne, HALO, pathfinder, etc.) . Even their MP school is on an Army installation. They are no better, just differant. I for one never wanted to be a marine, so I know I am not in that "wannabe" status you mentioned. Good to be proud of your branch of service though.

RLTW

You know what they say, those who cant do teach

towncop
02-11-2008, 02:52 AM
You know what they say, those who cant do teach
True, they do say that. And it's the most idiotic thing someone can say. I'm a former Marine, a police officer, and a police instructor. I hate those that use this expression as it generally is their compensation for a small penis, especially when an instructor is poop-hot. You usually have those that have no clue or are too lazy to do the job that are saying this. :rolleyes:

Woofdog
02-11-2008, 09:28 PM
wow.........

MPSoldier84
02-24-2008, 09:41 PM
You know in my opinion the Army and the Marines should never be fighting. The Marine's have the navy to bust balls with and the Army has the chair force. Can't we both just get along?

Although I do love calling my friends who were in the Corps, ex-marines? It really get's them riled up. :D

USMC_03
02-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Although I do love calling my friends who were in the Corps, ex-marines? It really get's them riled up. :D

:mad::mad::mad: haha ex? We do tend to bust a little more on the Navy if it makes you feel any better.:cool: