PDA

View Full Version : Capitol Police

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

CHItoDC
01-28-2009, 01:04 AM
I took the test about a year ago in Feb. I agree that it was pretty simple. Never got my results, even after contacting the agency. I have to agree with the general sentiment that USCP is a great agency to work for.

DevilDog24
01-28-2009, 01:37 AM
1. No its not a shame...:D

2. If its not a weekend night....:D

I will try for a week night next time. One question I failed to ask, what's a newbies expected shift? I.E. nights, weekends? Not trying to get ahead of myself, but I pretty much asked every other question but that. As always, thanks for your input....:D

gsrocerygetter
01-28-2009, 06:01 AM
My best friend just got hired as a USCP officer a few months back.From what he says you can expect to be posted at the new CVC and expect to be working the overnight 11-7 shift.

JayUSCP
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey I did the same thing and I'm in the Jan. class starting Friday.

Hey parisuscp, what was the timeline from when you took the test until you were hired?
And no, I will not change my name.

Chiller
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
My best friend just got hired as a USCP officer a few months back.From what he says you can expect to be posted at the new CVC and expect to be working the overnight 11-7 shift.

Well your friend may be right or may be 100% wrong....

Lately shifts have gone out the whole range to new recruits...Its gonna be a crapshoot at best...

MANY have received 3p-11p and 7a-3p and very FEW have received 11p-7a....This a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE issue right now with guys stuck on midnites and trying to get off...Days off who knows but expect to work your weekends and maybe u will get lucky and not have too

dtown101
01-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Well your friend may be right or may be 100% wrong....

Lately shifts have gone out the whole range to new recruits...Its gonna be a crapshoot at best...

MANY have received 3p-11p and 7a-3p and very FEW have received 11p-7a....This a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE issue right now with guys stuck on midnites and trying to get off...Days off who knows but expect to work your weekends and maybe u will get lucky and not have too
DUDE whats up with the people who dont have the job yet bu thave uscp with their name???...i guess they all can see into the future about having a job with the wonderful uscp...cmon chiller tell them the truth..hahaha

DevilDog24
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Chiller, I know they have a 10% night dif. How about for Sunday's? I know of some agencies giving 25% for Sunday's

dtown101
01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Chiller, I know they have a 10% night dif. How about for Sunday's? I know of some agencies giving 25% for Sunday's

i do believe you are correct about night ...its either 10-15 night and 25 sunday diff and add on more if it is sunday night

DevilDog24
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with that!!! :D

phils2008
01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
if you work midnights on a sunday, which would be going in at 11pm on saturday, then you will get 35% extra for that night.

Chiller
01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
DUDE whats up with the people who dont have the job yet bu thave uscp with their name???...i guess they all can see into the future about having a job with the wonderful uscp...cmon chiller tell them the truth..hahaha

What can I say....I tried:cool:

odd to say the least....and using ANY part of your real name on here is stupid in my opinion also

but what do i know

Weekends suck here in my opinion..........boring x 45

but thats just me

achievasc92
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Does the Cheltenham facility have on-site food service or should I pack a bag lunch for that first week? Kind of a dumb question but I'd hate to be the guy sitting through the first day without eating.

Chiller
01-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Does the Cheltenham facility have on-site food service or should I pack a bag lunch for that first week? Kind of a dumb question but I'd hate to be the guy sitting through the first day without eating.

bring your food

Bearcat357
01-28-2009, 07:04 PM

Errr.....I guarantee you that if you post something derogatory about USCP on here....and they figure out who you are by looking at your post history and screen name.....you will not be having a good day......

There are a ton of agencies (local/state/federal) that watch sites like this one and 911 job forums.....and report back to higher ups on what's being posted.... ;)

Just an friendly FYI......

DevilDog24
01-29-2009, 01:48 AM

Try this link for info: http://www.fletc.gov/student-information/student-information-bulletin/cheltenham/student-bulletin/

parisuscp
01-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Hey parisuscp, what was the timeline from when you took the test until you were hired?

I took the test back in June. My BI took forever with neighbors and former employers. I had expected to be in the November class but, things didn't work out for me. I received a call during the second week in December asking me if I still wanted the job needless to say I said yes. The lady on the phone said that I would be receiving my packet in a couple weeks. I received in during the second week in January. I have my first day tomorrow! It's all in the name -
PARISUSCP ("Paris" is not my real name).

dtown101
01-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Try this link for info: http://www.fletc.gov/student-information/student-information-bulletin/cheltenham/student-bulletin/

Your first week at cheltenham is all on you...once you get down to FLETC they have a chow hall were you are not out any money...

future007
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone:

I have been reading everyones post for a while here. Thank you for the great info. It has truly helped me out a lot. My timeline is this:
I am out of town
08/08 test
01/09 med/poly/pysch
02/09 meeting with BI investigator
I am assuming that since they are staying my BI that everything went well. I hope. I will keep you posted. Hopefully I can help someone else out with my experience in this process. Also I looked everywhere could not find it but what type of clearance does USCP have? Hopefully I can make the June class.

dtown101
01-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello everyone:

I have been reading everyones post for a while here. Thank you for the great info. It has truly helped me out a lot. My timeline is this:
I am out of town
08/08 test
01/09 med/poly/pysch
02/09 meeting with BI investigator
I am assuming that since they are staying my BI that everything went well. I hope. I will keep you posted. Hopefully I can help someone else out with my experience in this process. Also I looked everywhere could not find it but what type of clearance does USCP have? Hopefully I can make the June class.

no clearance unless you get on specialty unit with in USCP

CERT
DPD
Threats
Intell
HDU
and high ranking officials with Lt and above

Chiller, am i forgetting any

JayUSCP
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Alright, here we go.....

So the January class has already begun and some of us are still in the waiting stages, I took my test back in August and finished my POLY/PSYCH/PHYSICAL in early Dec. I have heard that the next class is in March, so lets gear up to see who will be called for that class.

gsrocerygetter
02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I have a friend who got called for her psych and poly a few weeks ago.According to her B.I. the next class is definitely March,and the next one after that is June.

NextCapCop
02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Two questions:

1. Someone who went to FLETC for U.S. Customs said in the gym they give you shirts and shorts everytime you go there. He said the clothing is stuff that is worn by others and they wash them everytime. Is that true? I would just rather not put on someone else's clothes even if they are washed but that's just me.

2. When exactly are you issued your duty weapon, badge and official id? After graduation from Cheltenham [after FLETC]?

Chiller
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Two questions:

1. Someone who went to FLETC for U.S. Customs said in the gym they give you shirts and shorts everytime you go there. He said the clothing is stuff that is worn by others and they wash them everytime. Is that true? I would just rather not put on someone else's clothes even if they are washed but that's just me. true...no exceptions either

2. When exactly are you issued your duty weapon, badge and official id? After graduation from Cheltenham [after FLETC]?usually morning of graduation

NYCardinal85
02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Two questions:

1. Someone who went to FLETC for U.S. Customs said in the gym they give you shirts and shorts everytime you go there. He said the clothing is stuff that is worn by others and they wash them everytime. Is that true? I would just rather not put on someone else's clothes even if they are washed but that's just me.

Good luck with that, if a PTD instructor sees you wearing non-PTD issued clothes you'll be getting a nice long conduct report. Everyone wears the same gear and it gets sanitized every night.

MPD1986
02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
i am right with you jay...i finished everything in late november...just hoping and waiting for that phone call...

NextCapCop
02-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Good luck with that, if a PTD instructor sees you wearing non-PTD issued clothes you'll be getting a nice long conduct report. Everyone wears the same gear and it gets sanitized every night.

No I didn't mean it like that. I meant I would rather if I could purchase my own set of clothes for the gym, whatever clothing was required to be worn.

DevilDog24
02-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Come on, what's a little "fromunda cheese" between friends.......:eek:

dtown101
02-03-2009, 09:58 AM
No I didn't mean it like that. I meant I would rather if I could purchase my own set of clothes for the gym, whatever clothing was required to be worn.

If Sgt Brogan is still down there also do NOT wear any Jewlery in the wt room also...if he catches you wearing that he will smoke the whole class

JayUSCP
02-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Come on, what's a little "fromunda cheese" between friends.......:eek:

Ha ha ha at "fromunda cheese"

Chiller
02-03-2009, 10:46 AM
If Sgt Brogan is still down there also do NOT wear any Jewlery in the wt room also...if he catches you wearing that he will smoke the whole class

He is and yes he sure will:D

Sikes_GA
02-03-2009, 06:09 PM
well i graduated form FLETC today. headed up north first thing in the morning.

NextCapCop
02-03-2009, 07:55 PM
well i graduated form FLETC today. headed up north first thing in the morning.

Congrats dude!

USMCSgt22
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey guys i have been reading on this post for a long time now I was hoping you guys would be able to help i am very eager to start with USCP this is my time like i believe for the most part is correct i have been told that when i called to check the status of my application no news is good news.

Took Test- 10/2008
Submitted my avue application 11/2008
Polygraph -12/2008
Met with BI investigator- 12/2008
Psyc Eval - 01/2009
Medical Eval- 01/2009

Based on the info does this timeline seem as if i will make the march class? Also i dont kno who took the test around the time that i did but have you heard anything yet from USCP i guess im a lil nervous about the wait but i have never had any trouble with the law or drugs but im still kinda worried because all of the process was on you to complete and this is the only step that isnt in your hands you know but when i did go to do my medical and i met all of the officers were stand up guys i mean really good guys.

dtown101
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey guys i have been reading on this post for a long time now I was hoping you guys would be able to help i am very eager to start with USCP this is my time like i believe for the most part is correct i have been told that when i called to check the status of my application no news is good news.

Took Test- 10/2008
Submitted my avue application 11/2008
Polygraph -12/2008
Met with BI investigator- 12/2008
Psyc Eval - 01/2009
Medical Eval- 01/2009

Based on the info does this timeline seem as if i will make the march class? Also i dont kno who took the test around the time that i did but have you heard anything yet from USCP i guess im a lil nervous about the wait but i have never had any trouble with the law or drugs but im still kinda worried because all of the process was on you to complete and this is the only step that isnt in your hands you know but when i did go to do my medical and i met all of the officers were stand up guys i mean really good guys.

if you havent got a BQA letter yet then i would say that USCP is just waiting to let you know about the up and coming classes....good luck

Lawnguy
02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I was called on Dec. 15 and told I was selected for the Jan. 30th class. The person I spoke with told me i would recieve my packet approx 2 weeks prior to the start but it could be delayed b/c of the innaguration. As of today I have not heard anything else. I have called and emailed a few times but haven't got any response. As far as I can see the class did start on the
30th. Has this happened to anyone else? Any recommendations. Thanks for any help!

SportsterChop
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
that sucks man. hope something didnt get screwed up and you got marked as one that didnt show!

as far as recommendations: CALL THEM!!!...?

dtown101
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I was called on Dec. 15 and told I was selected for the Jan. 30th class. The person I spoke with told me i would recieve my packet approx 2 weeks prior to the start but it could be delayed b/c of the innaguration. As of today I have not heard anything else. I have called and emailed a few times but haven't got any response. As far as I can see the class did start on the
30th. Has this happened to anyone else? Any recommendations. Thanks for any help!

CALL THEM < and call some more until you talk to a human being....USCP HR sux arse...they cant get anything right...if they told you jan 30 then someone dropped the ball...doesnt surprise me at all....you wonder why all the guys who had bad records got on the dept...it was because of HR!!!!!

JayUSCP
02-05-2009, 10:25 AM

That seems kind of strange to me. You can call any # there and get in touch with someone. If someone didn't send me that package and the class was about to start I would march down to the HR dept myself. You better call them everyday until you get in touch with someone.

SportsterChop
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Lawnguy-

any update on what went wrong with your hire? have you attempted to go visit the HR office?

Lawnguy
02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I got in touch with someone today after a few more calls, they said they will get back to me. i guess ill see what happens.

SportsterChop
02-06-2009, 01:01 AM
good luck.

future007
02-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Well I have finally meet with my B.I. So now the waiting begins. The investigator actually came to my job and interviewed my boss and myself. Is that normal? Lucky my boss was cool and already knew what I was doing. The investigator did not give me any details about up coming classes or when the report had to be completed. So we wait and see. Hopefully we will all hear something sooner or later. Dtown what does HDU stand for?

Chiller
02-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Well I have finally meet with my B.I. So now the waiting begins. The investigator actually came to my job and interviewed my boss and myself. Is that normal? Lucky my boss was cool and already knew what I was doing. The investigator did not give me any details about up coming classes or when the report had to be completed. So we wait and see. Hopefully we will all hear something sooner or later. Dtown what does HDU stand for?

Hazardous Device Unit

NYCardinal85
02-07-2009, 12:17 PM

Also, don't wear any type of undershirts during PT. Someone in our group got chewed out for wearing one.

johnnyReb
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM
What if you don't want your 3rd nipple to show? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0024.gif

gsrocerygetter
02-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Just got my letter today saying my Conditional Offer is hereby withdrawn.Sucks...but oh well.Maybe I will try back in a year.

JayUSCP
02-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Just got my letter today saying my Conditional Offer is hereby withdrawn.Sucks...but oh well.Maybe I will try back in a year.

Sorry to hear that, did you get to do your Poly/Psych/Phys?

gsrocerygetter
02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Lol I didn't even get to that point.I guess my background issues were an immediate DQ.The worst thing is my credit but everything on my report is paid off.Oh well.

USMCSgt22
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey has anyone heard of the date for the March class i havnt heard anything about it yet i finished everything in Jan. so has anyone finished about the same time i guess im sort of looking for a timeline as to when i will be contacted.

lpj5001
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey everybody, not sure if I posted in this thread before, but I'm finally graduating college in May w/ a B.A. in Criminal Justice. I'm taking the test on March 9th. Anybody else here in the same boat?

USMCSgt22
02-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Rejection letter hey guys i got the rejection letter today in the mail but there is nothing in my backgroud that would disqualify me has anyone ever heard of the USCP re looking into your application or am i doomed for another year before i can reapply? any info someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ri1980sp
02-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Hey everybody, not sure if I posted in this thread before, but I'm finally graduating college in May w/ a B.A. in Criminal Justice. I'm taking the test on March 9th. Anybody else here in the same boat?

a

JayUSCP
02-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Not happening for me this year, I received my letter today.....

Maybe I will try again next year

SportsterChop
02-11-2009, 03:34 PM
sorry to hear that man. still keeping that name? sorry, i had to...

Ding Bat
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Rejection letter hey guys i got the rejection letter today in the mail but there is nothing in my backgroud that would disqualify me has anyone ever heard of the USCP re looking into your application or am i doomed for another year before i can reapply? any info someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Did you talk to anyone about why you were disqualified? I actually got a phone call before I got the letter, the person told me why I was disqualified and asked if I had any questions.

Sikes_GA
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
lot of people getting calls. must be trying to cut back on hiring.

DevilDog24
02-11-2009, 09:58 PM
There seems to be alot of rejection calls and/or letters going out. For those of you getting them, what are the reasons they are giving you for disqualification? Is it something major or is it something minor? I was under the impression from my visit to D.C. 3 weeks ago that they needed bodies pretty bad. Maybe they are cutting back on hiring who knows. I took the test 3 weeks ago and havn't gotten my results yet (they said we should be getting the results no later than 2 weeks) and I have called and left 3 msgs without a call back. Sounds like something is going on. Let's hope not! Fingers crossed.

SportsterChop
02-11-2009, 11:26 PM
guys, he said he got a rejection letter, not a DQ, there is a difference. just keep that in mind.

DevilDog24
02-12-2009, 12:23 AM
guys, he said he got a rejection letter, not a DQ, there is a difference. just keep that in mind.

Your right, my bad. Do they give reason to why or is it a standard "there are more qualified applicants"?

Again, sorry for the wording.

SportsterChop
02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
its a form letter basically saying "thank you for your interest...we regret to inform you...we encourage you to re-apply in a year". if one were to be DQ'd, i imagine they might get a different letter.

dtown101
02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
its a form letter basically saying "thank you for your interest...we regret to inform you...we encourage you to re-apply in a year". if one were to be DQ'd, i imagine they might get a different letter.

they will not give you a specific reason to why you were not hired....and if you call them they will probably give you a bunch of BS

JayUSCP
02-12-2009, 02:52 PM
My letter said that I could reapply again in a year....

The information I received was something along the lines of...." There were more qualified applicants", but keep up the good work and apply in a year.

If I reapply and I am hired, my name would then be relevant.....

corrections_894
02-12-2009, 03:01 PM
i took capitol police test havent heard anything back...all it was to me was being a glorified security guard...i want to do more police work

DevilDog24
02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
i took capitol police test havent heard anything back...

When did you take it? I took mine Jan 26 and still didn't get the letter. But.....I was finally able to reach somone in HR after leaving 3 msgs since Monday and she said they were having system issues. Results will be going out next week. We shall see.........

Sikes_GA
02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
i took capitol police test havent heard anything back...all it was to me was being a glorified security guard...i want to do more police work

then why the heck take the test?

just b/c capitol didnt get back to you its now a "glorified security guard". lol.

SportsterChop
02-12-2009, 07:44 PM
a highly paid security guard, one might add. if theres a higher paid Law Enforcement Agency (security based or otherwise) in the area, im not aware of it. not that any of us really try and get into this for the money...

NextCapCop
02-13-2009, 03:29 AM
they will not give you a specific reason to why you were not hired....and if you call them they will probably give you a bunch of BS

The dq letters state which part of the test you failed to meet the requirements in but don't go into specifics. It says "failed to meet physical requirements" instead of "you couldn't pass our drug test because you're a weedhead" LOL :D

If you get a dq letter for failing the physical and the problem can be corrected, they do give you a chance to fix it. They do that for people with vision problems who have lasik done after failing the physical.

Chiller
02-13-2009, 09:16 AM

Someones bitter cause he prolly failed the POST test...

HAHA

dtown101
02-13-2009, 10:04 AM

if it is a "glorified security guard" then why did you take the test????

future007
02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Who cares? That is one less person that I have to compete against for those of us who really want the job and respect the people who have the job. Anyone heard anything about upcoming classes besides the March yet?

dcsnoboard22
02-15-2009, 05:17 PM
im headed to dc to take the march 9th exam...anyone else?

Agent A-Hop
02-16-2009, 01:34 AM
good luck dcsnoboard22....im heading down march 21st

dtown101
02-16-2009, 11:48 AM
im headed to dc to take the march 9th exam...anyone else?

DONT study too hard for the entry exam....it is the biggest joke of a test....if you passed 6th grade then you should do fine...if you fail any part of the test then your a complete IDIOT!!!!

Im almost certain Chiller would agree with me on this

Agent A-Hop
02-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Is the overall process of hiring by the Capitol Police competitive? Are they picky with certain things?

Chiller
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
DONT study too hard for the entry exam....it is the biggest joke of a test....if you passed 6th grade then you should do fine...if you fail any part of the test then your a complete IDIOT!!!!

Im almost certain Chiller would agree with me on this

Yups

Chiller
02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Is the overall process of hiring by the Capitol Police competitive? Are they picky with certain things?

boy I better not answer this one:eek:

Agent A-Hop
02-16-2009, 10:30 PM
???????????

Chiller
02-16-2009, 11:12 PM
???????????

I will let someone else answer it

johnnyReb
02-16-2009, 11:38 PM

What exactly do you mean? If you stated what concerned you people could better answer your question.

dtown101
02-17-2009, 05:52 AM
boy I better not answer this one:eek:

its like any other law enforcement agency...you get good apples and then you get some really sheety ones...and for the one who have knee pads-you will go far within the dept...

dtown101
02-17-2009, 05:54 AM
What exactly do you mean? If you stated what concerned you people could better answer your question.

they are starting to have a more strict policy on prior drug use...so if you have used in the past...(college like most)

NJMike
02-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey whats up, I just took the post test on feb 9, does anyone know when I should be hearing something, from what I read through this thread seems like its gonna take a long time to hear something. Also when I took the test, the recruiter told us there hiring 300 this year and 300 next year and you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting in. Just wondering if this is true or is he just busting are balls. Thanks for any help

DevilDog24
02-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey whats up, I just took the post test on feb 9, does anyone know when I should be hearing something

I took mine Jan 26 and still nothing.........

Agent A-Hop
02-17-2009, 10:03 PM
well I'm going to be a soon to be college graduate with a BS in Criminal Justice & Police studies minor...I havent ever used drugs nor have I ever smoked..Im more concerned to see if they will turn me because I'm a college grad.....if that helpssss

Sikes_GA
02-17-2009, 10:54 PM
i have an assoc. in computer aided drafting and design and i still got the job. no previous in any kind of law enforcement. i guess a criminal science degree could help but its not a have to have kinda thing.

or should i say, "i don't have a job yet, but an opportunity" lol.

NJMike
02-18-2009, 12:30 AM
I took mine Jan 26 and still nothing.........

I guess 2-3 weeks is out the door

DevilDog24
02-18-2009, 12:55 AM
I guess 2-3 weeks is out the door

I called HR and left msgs for 3 days before someone picked up. The lady that I spoke to said they had system issues and I should get my results in a week. That was last Wed......The funny part is when I was there, the head recruiter said they had been getting the results out within 2 weeks, and of course when I take the test, they have system issues. :( Just my luck! LOL!

NJMike
02-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I called HR and left msgs for 3 days before someone picked up. The lady that I spoke to said they had system issues and I should get my results in a week. That was last Wed......The funny part is when I was there, the head recruiter said they had been getting the results out within 2 weeks, and of course when I take the test, they have system issues. :( Just my luck! LOL!

Lol the recruiter said the same thing when I took it, hopefully you will get yours in the next few days, i only took mine a week ago im sure I wont get something for at least another week, I just hate waiting lol

MTbiker
02-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Does anyone have information on the March class?

Chuck_M
02-18-2009, 10:42 AM
abcdefghijk

MTbiker
02-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry for being vague; I’m thought the testing process and playing the waiting game. USIS submitted my completed background investigation report first week of Feb... I was referring to the FLETC class.

Chuck_M
02-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I see...good luck!

ESCMarine
02-18-2009, 12:16 PM
too bad for me that their age limit cut off is 37, that is why i went the SSUD route. :rolleyes:

future007
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
My B.I. called me yesterday to ask a couple of follow up questions and then he was sending everything in. You are not alone. The waiting game is no fun.

Chuck_M
02-18-2009, 12:43 PM
abcdefghijk

SportsterChop
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
to you guys waiting on test scores-

i would say just relax- youll have plenty of time throughout the rest of the process to sit around and get anxious. the test is by far the easiest part of the process. you had to have left that test having an idea of how you did. in other words, that test is quite easy, and if you left the test feeling that way then youre fine. if anyone left that test with any kind of uncertainty as to whether or not they passed...well, DANG.

Chiller
02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
too bad for me that their age limit cut off is 37, that is why i went the SSUD route. :rolleyes:

When did SSUD change their age limits?? It was the same as USCP a couple years ago

SportsterChop
02-18-2009, 01:55 PM
When did SSUD change their age limits?? It was the same as USCP a couple years ago

i thought the same thing. then again, ive got a good amount of time before that applies to me, so maybe i just didnt pay that much attention.

CHItoDC
02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
USCP is 37 years of age, although it may be waived with prior federal law enforcement experience.

USSS-UD applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 40 by the time of appointment.

DevilDog24
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
I thought the cut off was 40 as well, but I spoke to the recruiter at my FO and she said it was 41. Who knows.....

dtown101
02-19-2009, 10:44 AM
USCP is 37 years of age, although it may be waived with prior federal law enforcement experience.

USSS-UD applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 40 by the time of appointment.

if someone can be brought on at the age of 40( without prior fed) how can you do 20 year retirement when the mandatory retirement for fed leo is 57 unless you get a extension from your agency...when did the law change...the law isnt agency specific...its across the board

CHItoDC
02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
if someone can be brought on at the age of 40( without prior fed) how can you do 20 year retirement when the mandatory retirement for fed leo is 57 unless you get a extension from your agency...when did the law change...the law isnt agency specific...its across the board

Thats paraphrased directly from the job postings on USAjobs.gov.

MPD1986
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
anyone have any word on an approximate date for the march class? i spoke with my BI the other day and was told there is definately a class in march

SportsterChop
02-20-2009, 12:11 AM
cant help you with any dates. but where are you in the process? perhaps we could help you figure out, based on the timelines we've experienced, if youre in the running for a march class.

MTbiker
02-20-2009, 07:55 AM
anyone have any word on an approximate date for the march class? i spoke with my BI the other day and was told there is definately a class in march

I'm waiting on any information on this class as well. Seems those selected for the March class should be hearing soon... hopefully we will see some posts on this thread.

MPD1986
02-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Sportster.... i finished everything in late November. I spoke with my BI right after the January class began to see where i stood and was told an item or two was missing from my packet. I corrected the problem in early Feb. Now i'm just playing the game, keeping my fingers crossed for a good phone call...just like MT

NJMike
02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm waiting on any information on this class as well. Seems those selected for the March class should be hearing soon... hopefully we will see some posts on this thread.

MTbiker, I was just wondering how long ago did you start the hiring process(when you took the post test) so I can get an idea of how long the process really is.

SportsterChop
02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
MPD- i would say, purely based on your timeline, that if everything goes ok and you get selected, you could be looking at the march class- assuming there is one. also, if it helps at all, i seem to recall the last few classes (oct, nov, jan) all starting towards the end of the month. train hard, cross your fingers.

MTbiker
02-20-2009, 03:23 PM
MTbiker, I was just wondering how long ago did you start the hiring process(when you took the post test) so I can get an idea of how long the process really is.

POST 10/18/08
Poly 12/31
BI interview 12/31
Pysch 1/12
Physical 1/21

Confirmation of BI report sent to Capitol Police HR 1st week of February
HR emailed me for a "more ledgeable copy" of my passport 2/12/09

All I can do now is pray for a slot in the March class!
Good luck to everyone!

NJMike
02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
POST 10/18/08
Poly 12/31
BI interview 12/31
Pysch 1/12
Physical 1/21

Confirmation of BI report sent to Capitol Police HR 1st week of February
HR emailed me for a "more ledgeable copy" of my passport 2/12/09

All I can do now is pray for a slot in the March class!
Good luck to everyone!

Thanks, good luck!

MPD1986
02-20-2009, 04:52 PM
thanks sportster....i am doing just that (crossing my fingers...)

02-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Some federal LE jobs have the option of EXTENDING your mandatory retirement to age 60, so if you got hired be 40 you would get your 20 years, I know of officers, Sgts, and some senior level people on my USPP job, that got age waiver extentions on the back end.....

DevilDog24
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Still didn't get my result's so I called HR this morning and was told I passed and they would send me a copy of the letter they sent out lto me last week...
Darn the Postal Service!!!

MTbiker
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Chiller,
As I was reading through this post you mentioned the tuition reimbursement was removed from the 2008 budget. Has anyone mentioned if made it back in to the 2009 budget, I saw this article posted on "TheHill.com".... and it sparked my curiosity: did you lose all, or just part of this? Did you get any educational benefits back?
“By contrast, U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) employees are eligible for up to $40,000 in loan repayments, according to regulations on Capitol Police organization and administrative matters. The USCP chief of police may also establish a program to repay any portion of loans previously taken out by employees. They can also make direct payments to an educational institution or reimburse a participating employee for any portion of any tuition or related expenses. “
-By Kelly McCormack
- Posted: 06/12/07 07:41 PM [ET]
Thank you for all the feedback, advice, and information that you have posted!!

Chiller
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Chiller,
As I was reading through this post you mentioned the tuition reimbursement was removed from the 2008 budget. Has anyone mentioned if made it back in to the 2009 budget, I saw this article posted on "TheHill.com".... and it sparked my curiosity: did you lose all, or just part of this? Did you get any educational benefits back?
“By contrast, U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) employees are eligible for up to $40,000 in loan repayments, according to regulations on Capitol Police organization and administrative matters. The USCP chief of police may also establish a program to repay any portion of loans previously taken out by employees. They can also make direct payments to an educational institution or reimburse a participating employee for any portion of any tuition or related expenses. “
-By Kelly McCormack
- Posted: 06/12/07 07:41 PM [ET]
Thank you for all the feedback, advice, and information that you have posted!!

Its all gone and no its not coming back despite what they say....2009 its out and WAS NOT put in the budget...I highly doubt it will ever come back in my opinion

MTbiker
02-23-2009, 11:22 AM
That sucks.
Aside from what the US Capitol Police mention on their website, are there other benefits/incentives?

dtown101
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
That sucks.
Aside from what the US Capitol Police mention on their website, are there other benefits/incentives?

other than what they put on the web site....you can receive comp time instead of ot at time n half...

oh yeah ...if you have knee pads and use them the right way you could get more benefits... ex. promotions...:)

Chiller
02-23-2009, 11:50 AM
other than what they put on the web site....you can receive comp time instead of ot at time n half...

oh yeah ...if you have knee pads and use them the right way you could get more benefits... ex. promotions...:)

true....kneepads get u training also...LOL

money is good
leave/vaca is good
low stress is good

but yes being a suck *** gets u alot of extra things for sure

MTbiker
02-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Kneepads... Check!

I appreciate the advice!

ri1980sp
02-23-2009, 12:56 PM

Hey guys, I was originally going to take the POST test on March 22nd but had to change it to March 2nd because I had a half marathon on the 22nd. My question is about the PAT. Is this done as part of the hiring process or after an individual is hired? Also, I had the same question about the height and weight chart.

Thanks.

MTbiker
02-23-2009, 01:38 PM
My question is about the PAT. Is this done as part of the hiring process or after an individual is hired? Also, I had the same question about the height and weight chart.

Thanks.

ri1980sp,
Take some time and read back though this thread. You will find A LOT of useful information. The PAT is after hire, although if you can run a Half marathon I’d venture to say that you don't have too much to worry about.

Good Luck!

NJMike
02-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Still didn't get my result's so I called HR this morning and was told I passed and they would send me a copy of the letter they sent out lto me last week...
Darn the Postal Service!!!

Congrats, DevilDog24, took my test feb 9th still waiting, its only been two weeks so ill give them another week before I call. Good luck in the process keep us posted.

dtown101
02-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, I was originally going to take the POST test on March 22nd but had to change it to March 2nd because I had a half marathon on the 22nd. My question is about the PAT. Is this done as part of the hiring process or after an individual is hired? Also, I had the same question about the height and weight chart.

Thanks.

dont worry about the ht and wt chart....

uscp pat they do a baseline during your first week at cheltenham and when you get back from FLETC you do another pat...if you can do a marathon I would not worry one bit about the pat...(its a joke) you are going to do more physical fitness in FLETC...when you come back to cheltenham the PT is not a big factor...you hardly do PT....

dtown101
02-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Kneepads... Check!

I appreciate the advice!

oh yeah...i almost forgot....dont forget the Chapstick...

DevilDog24
02-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Congrats, DevilDog24, took my test feb 9th still waiting, its only been two weeks so ill give them another week before I call. Good luck in the process keep us posted.

Thanks for the congrats,
Lone and Behold The letter came in today's mail. It's either my mailman messing with me, or my wife not wanting to move if I get in. I have to tell anyone concerned about the POST: I am HORRIBLE at math, have been since I was a kid, With that being said, I scored a 95 on the math portion :eek:. I ****ed my pants laughing so hard when I read that!! I am still laughing now and the mail came in over an hour ago!!!! It's been said over and over again on this thread: DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE POST TEST!!!! I can second that.

dtown101
02-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the congrats,
Lone and Behold The letter came in today's mail. It's either my mailman messing with me, or my wife not wanting to move if I get in. I have to tell anyone concerned about the POST: I am HORRIBLE at math, have been since I was a kid, With that being said, I scored a 95 on the math portion :eek:. I ****ed my pants laughing so hard when I read that!! I am still laughing now and the mail came in over an hour ago!!!! It's been said over and over again on this thread: DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE POST TEST!!!! I can second that.
IF anyone fails the USCP written test ...YOU are a fricking idiot and how did you ever graduate HS...sorry for being rude but its the truth

NJMike
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the congrats,

LOL! I suck at math too so thats good to hear.

CHItoDC
02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
When I took the USCP test about a year ago the proctor asked beforehand, in front of the whole group, if anyone had taken the test before (including when and why they were taking it again). I felt bad for the two guys who had to say that they failed it, especially after I took it.

ri1980sp
02-23-2009, 05:48 PM
ri1980sp,
Take some time and read back though this thread. You will find A LOT of useful information. The PAT is after hire, although if you can run a Half marathon I’d venture to say that you don't have too much to worry about.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Chuck_M
02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
POST test results in today...Passed!

14thFeb2009 - Written
23rdFeb2009 - Results_Passed
24thFeb2009 - Applying

My tip for you guys worried about the POST written exam...it's general knowledge. Honestly if you're concerned then get off this website and study, silly! There's really not much you need to "learn" I would just recommend getting your brain back into test taking shape. Other than that...seriously sit back take a deep breath and relax. Like I was told on here earlier - the easiest part of this process is the Written Exam.

Good luck to you guys I will keep you updated.

someonesmom
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know what the Capital Police's policy is on past drug use? Thank you

SportsterChop
02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know what the Capital Police's policy is on past drug use? Thank you

they love it, for sure. for real, i didnt encounter a specific policy while applying. i have a feeling that theyre aware people make mistakes, and review those mistakes on a case-by-case basis, what else is in your background, etc.

DevilDog24
02-24-2009, 12:05 AM

14thFeb2009 - Written
24thFeb2009 - Applying

a week to get your results? Not fair :mad: I got mine today as well...a month later!! seriously though, congrats. since we both got our letters today we can compare the rest of the process. Keep us updated and good luck.

NJMike
02-24-2009, 04:48 AM

14thFeb2009 - Written
24thFeb2009 - Applying

My tip for you guys worried about the POST written exam...it's general knowledge. Honestly if you're concerned then get off this website and study, silly! There's really not much you need to "learn" I would just recommend getting your brain back into test taking shape. Other than that...seriously sit back take a deep breath and relax. Like I was told on here earlier - the easiest part of this process is the Written Exam.

Good luck to you guys I will keep you updated.

Really a week for results damn, congrats, took mine feb 9th still waiting, knowing my luck ill have to wait like devildog damn lol

MTbiker
02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
No selections made as of today, and no information on when. I called and spoke with an officer... they are great at the vague answers. Now I'm back to waiting.....

MPD1986
02-24-2009, 03:08 PM
I was thinking of calling HR tomorrow morning to get an update MTbiker....Do you think i should still call just to let them know i still have an interest in the position? thanks.

...oh and i checked the mail this afternoon and saw a return address from Washington DC on an envelope... It turned out to be something from a credit card company...nearly **** myself on that one.

MTbiker
02-24-2009, 03:17 PM
MPD1986,
At least it wasn't the skinny letter!:)
About calling them... I don't know if it would benefit you or not (but i have to admit i had the same line of reasoning). Maybe give it another day and then post the answer they give you. Good Luck!

NJMike
02-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Is there any reason why some people get there test results letter earlier then others, it took devildog a month to get his and chuck a week and im going on 3 weeks. I called HR they said all the letters were sent, maybe something to do with where you live?

Chiller
02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
No selections made as of today, and no information on when. I called and spoke with an officer... they are great at the vague answers. Now I'm back to waiting.....

HR controls it all and they are ALL civilians and NOT officers...therefore an officer is not gonna be able to help you much

Chuck_M
02-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks fellas. I will def. keep all of you updated as I go...I appreciate the well wishes...I'm not sure if the location of residence has anything to do with such a delay? I'm sure it will effect it slightly...I live about 15 miles or so away from where the test was administered...I'm sure that helped in the arrival.

Sikes_GA
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
HR controls it all and they are ALL civilians and NOT officers...therefore an officer is not gonna be able to help you much

hey chiller when i came through they had an officer in there. Moore i think. trying to get everything running back on track. that was right after the fletc 15.

kermitwool
02-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Is anyone aware of anymore written tests after you pass the initial "POST" test for USCP? Avue states it will direct you how take the POST test after you complete your BI, any help would be appreciated, im confused. Thanks.

Chiller
02-25-2009, 01:01 AM
Is anyone aware of anymore written tests after you pass the initial "POST" test for USCP? Avue states it will direct you how take the POST test after you complete your BI, any help would be appreciated, im confused. Thanks.

there are none until the academy

500pearl
02-25-2009, 11:45 AM
According to: http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/indexLEO.asp Washington D.C. is 23% of base pay. Do USCP officers receive the LE locality pay listed in the link?

dtown101
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
According to: http://www.opm.gov/oca/09tables/indexLEO.asp Washington D.C. is 23% of base pay. Do USCP officers receive the LE locality pay listed in the link?

its already built into the salary...not many uscp officer know that....HR told me a couple of years ago about it...

NJMike
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey everyone, just got my letter today, Passed, filling out the application tommorrow, thought waiting for the scores sucked, now waiting to hear something after the application is complete can take up to two months. I hate the waiting game. At least ill finish the academy im in now done in May. Good luck to everyone, keep us posted

500pearl
02-25-2009, 04:38 PM
dtown, thanks for your input. so OT will be 1.5 x hourly wage, what is the hourly wage for a 1st year?

NJMike
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Can anyone help me? When I took the test I got that packet you receive with all the information for employment, on the one page it says required documents and that you need to provide the following documents in original form. Do I do that now or do they ask you to bring them to them later on in the process and do you make copies of them or do they make the copies? Thanks for any help.

Chiller
02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
dtown, thanks for your input. so OT will be 1.5 x hourly wage, what is the hourly wage for a 1st year?

OT is 1.5x

your hourly wage is gonna vary quite a bit depending on your shift due to possible nite dif. and sundays factored in..

Figure 20+ and hour to guage or just do the math on whatever the starting salary is now

Chiller
02-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Can anyone help me? When I took the test I got that packet you receive with all the information for employment, on the one page it says required documents and that you need to provide the following documents in original form. Do I do that now or do they ask you to bring them to them later on in the process and do you make copies of them or do they make the copies? Thanks for any help.

mine required me to bring them in when i had the interview....they made copies of my stuff....only originals I gave them to keep were my school transcripts I recieved via mail

NJMike
02-25-2009, 05:31 PM
mine required me to bring them in when i had the interview....they made copies of my stuff....only originals I gave them to keep were my school transcripts I recieved via mail

Thanks Chiller, I was about to start scrambling for everything lol.

NextCapCop
02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Spoke to some one in backgrounds the other day-supposedly there are 600+ applicants in the "consideration pool" for the next class and "it looks like the next class won't be happening until June" was also said to me.

Who knows what's really true anymore LOL.

future007
02-25-2009, 06:03 PM
NJMike a word of advice make sure that you also have stuff available for the background investigator as well. I wish that someone had told me that I needed two sets of everything. I needed one set when I met in DC with an investigator and then I needed another set to give to my actual B.I. person from USIS. I have to scramble around to get another copy of my official transcripts and certified driving record since the original B.I. had opened everything and I don’t leave in the same state the info was required from. Good luck to everyone. To whoever is worrying about the test, stop worrying it was way too easy and I hate taking test.

Chiller
02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
yup...get several copies of everything if u can

Chuck_M
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Devil and NJMike what do you guys think of the BI part of the application. Lol, I'll be filling this out for a couple of days...yikes.

JayUSCP
02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
OK, so I see new posts on people taking the test (which is great, and good luck to you guys).

I know I got my "apply in a year" letter, and I know a few other people got the same letter. But you mean to tell me that it is the end of February and no one on this board has gotten a phone call?

Seems like if there was a March class we would hear something by now.

Chiller
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
OK, so I see new posts on people taking the test (which is great, and good luck to you guys).

I know I got my "apply in a year" letter, and I know a few other people got the same letter. But you mean to tell me that it is the end of February and no one on this board has gotten a phone call?

Seems like if there was a March class we would hear something by now.

someone stated above they thought June was next class.....personally i have no clue as I havent asked or heard myself

Sikes_GA
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
about starting salary....i started right at 25hr. (couple cents less). in GA I made a little overtime (they even pay us for the 5am PT's now). Now in cheltinham i make NO over time. lol.

About the future classes.....my instructors are expecting a march class, heck at roll call we were told they are expecting 6 more classes this yr (goodbye OT). Now i don't believe all that I hear so im not sure if its gonna happen or not.

Chiller
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
about starting salary....i started right at 25hr. (couple cents less). in GA I made a little overtime (they even pay us for the 5am PT's now). Now in cheltinham i make NO over time. lol.

About the future classes.....my instructors are expecting a march class, heck at roll call we were told they are expecting 6 more classes this yr (goodbye OT). Now i don't believe all that I hear so im not sure if its gonna happen or not.

OT is virtually gone about now anyways...LOL

its there but a bare minimum for sure

NJMike
02-26-2009, 12:37 AM
NJMike a word of advice make sure that you also have stuff available for the background investigator as well. I wish that someone had told me that I needed two sets of everything. I needed one set when I met in DC with an investigator and then I needed another set to give to my actual B.I. person from USIS. I have to scramble around to get another copy of my official transcripts and certified driving record since the original B.I. had opened everything and I don’t leave in the same state the info was required from. Good luck to everyone. To whoever is worrying about the test, stop worrying it was way too easy and I hate taking test.

Thanks for the advise future007 and chiller, ill make sure I make and get extra copies.

DevilDog24
02-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey everyone, just got my letter today, Passed, filling out the application tommorrow, thought waiting for the scores sucked, now waiting to hear something after the application is complete can take up to two months. I hate the waiting game. At least ill finish the academy im in now done in May. Good luck to everyone, keep us posted

Congrats to you. I know the feeling of waiting and then finally getting the letter. I will be submitting the online portion tomorrow so the waiting game will start all over again. Good Luck!!

NJMike
02-26-2009, 04:13 AM
Congrats to you. I know the feeling of waiting and then finally getting the letter. I will be submitting the online portion tomorrow so the waiting game will start all over again. Good Luck!!

Thanks, I hate the waiting game lol, Good Luck to you too, keep us updated, sent you a pm.

NJMike
02-26-2009, 04:17 AM

Thanks, I hate the waiting game lol, Good Luck to you too, keep us updated, sent you a pm.

NJMike
02-26-2009, 04:18 AM
my bad sent message twice.

eternal911
02-26-2009, 09:29 PM
I know USCP pays well, but I'm pretty sure its not traditional police work and more guard duty... Can anyone speak on this?

Chiller
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I know USCP pays well, but I'm pretty sure its not traditional police work and more guard duty... Can anyone speak on this?

I see you are a rocket scientist arent you? :rolleyes:

This subject surely has never been discussed in this thread like 100 times already:confused:

eternal911
02-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I see you are a rocket scientist arent you? :rolleyes:

This subject surely has never been discussed in this thread like 100 times already:confused:
Haha, funny :P

I saw there were 68 pages and gave up there...

Sikes_GA
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
OT is virtually gone about now anyways...LOL

its there but a bare minimum for sure

still a little bit to be had on capitol side right?
my roommate gets drafted a couple times every week.

SportsterChop
02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
rocket scientist probably pays better.

DevilDog24
02-26-2009, 11:57 PM
rocket scientist probably pays better.

yeah and no standing around either:p

Chiller
02-27-2009, 01:00 AM
still a little bit to be had on capitol side right?
my roommate gets drafted a couple times every week.

its minimal but yes

NJMike
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Devil and NJMike what do you guys think of the BI part of the application. Lol, I'll be filling this out for a couple of days...yikes.

Its gonna take me at least a few days too lol.

MTbiker
02-27-2009, 01:47 PM

I felt like i did as much research getting the information as the ISI did to confirm it!

MTbiker
02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Do the Capitol Police train alongside Secret Service Uniform Division at FLETC?

dtown101
02-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Do the Capitol Police train alongside Secret Service Uniform Division at FLETC?

YES....they use the same training program

DevilDog24
02-27-2009, 05:03 PM

I'm going to drive to a couple of places I lived to jog my memory.

NJMike
02-27-2009, 05:39 PM
When I was filling out the background section, I came to your relatives section and it says add information about each of your relatives and associates :eek: what does this mean immediate family or everyone in you family? Help lol

Sikes_GA
02-27-2009, 06:00 PM
YES....they use the same training program

they train along side them in GA. then Capitol has about 3 additional months added on.

The MARCH class is apparently on. we were told today that later in march we would be a little more crowded for a week with a new class.

ri1980sp
02-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I originally signed up for the March 2nd test date but by looking at the weather up and down the east coast this weekend and into Monday I do not think it would be the most prudent thing traveling in that weather. If I submit another test registration sheet for March 9th would there be a problem? I called today but there was no answer. I was also planning on calling March 2nd. Thanks.

VaGmuAlumnus
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
If you get accepted for the March FLETC class, will they notify you atleast 2 weeks in advance? I'm currently working at a place that would probably need 3 weeks notice before I leave due to the nature of the work.

Could I request to be part of the June FLETC training class in case they they notify me less than 2 weeks before the March FLETC starts? I wouldn't want to leave my old job on bad terms due to not letting them know ahead of time.

dtown101
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
If you get accepted for the March FLETC class, will they notify you atleast 2 weeks in advance? I'm currently working at a place that would probably need 3 weeks notice before I leave due to the nature of the work.

Could I request to be part of the June FLETC training class in case they they notify me less than 2 weeks before the March FLETC starts? I wouldn't want to leave my old job on bad terms due to not letting them know ahead of time.

the customary notice is 2 wks...if you get the call take it....if you dont they will put you at the bottom of the pile....

VaGmuAlumnus
02-28-2009, 06:24 PM
the customary notice is 2 wks...if you get the call take it....if you dont they will put you at the bottom of the pile....

That's good to know. I really hope I get the offer - I'd take it for sure.

Sikes_GA
03-01-2009, 01:06 AM
That's good to know. I really hope I get the offer - I'd take it for sure.

lol, try 2-3 days for ROC 160 and ROC 161.

ri1980sp
03-01-2009, 04:02 PM
http://www.capitolclimateaction.com/?page_id=75#q5

you guys and gals should be busy tomorrow...in a foot of snow too.

dtown101
03-01-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.capitolclimateaction.com/?page_id=75#q5

you guys and gals should be busy tomorrow...in a foot of snow too.

they should be fine....dunking donuts and some hot coffe will get them through the day....

Chiller
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
they should be fine....dunking donuts and some hot coffe will get them through the day....

assuming some of us can even get to work:eek:

dtown101
03-01-2009, 08:28 PM

yep....getting to work in the dc area tomorrow will be a tuff one ...

NextCapCop
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
What about taking the Metro instead of driving?

dtown101
03-01-2009, 08:32 PM

will all the snow on the track ...history has shown that the metro will have major delays tomorrow

Chiller
03-01-2009, 09:18 PM

1. Why in the hell would I take the metro to work

2. Lots of people dont even live near the metro to begin with

3. By the time it took to drive to a metro station I may as well drive to work

4. Why the hell would I ride the metro to work

VaGmuAlumnus
03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I was watching a couple episodes of that reality tv show "The Academy," and was wondering if that closely resembles the style of training for USCP's FLETC?

DevilDog24
03-01-2009, 11:54 PM
1. Why in the hell would I take the metro to work

2. Lots of people dont even live near the metro to begin with

3. By the time it took to drive to a metro station I may as well drive to work

4. Why the hell would I ride the metro to work

Hey Chiller,
You forgot to ask the most important question: Why the hell would you ride the metro to work? By the way, I have a question for you, Why the hell would you ride the metro to work?

dcsnoboard22
03-02-2009, 01:11 AM
i already mentioned this in a prior post....im driving from chicago to dc to take the amrch 9th exam at 5pm...anyone else here taking that exam? where can i park for the exam? ill be staying in crystal city...thanks!

VaGmuAlumnus
03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
i already mentioned this in a prior post....im driving from chicago to dc to take the amrch 9th exam at 5pm...anyone else here taking that exam? where can i park for the exam? ill be staying in crystal city...thanks!

It would probably be easier if you took the metro to the exam (get off at the S. Capitol Street stop and walk 1-2 blocks)

dtown101
03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I was watching a couple episodes of that reality tv show "The Academy," and was wondering if that closely resembles the style of training for USCP's FLETC?

NO...remember..even though it may real alot of that is done up because of the tv

dcsnoboard22
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
It would probably be easier if you took the metro to the exam (get off at the S. Capitol Street stop and walk 1-2 blocks)

noted* thank you sir

NextCapCop
03-02-2009, 08:49 PM
How did you CP guys make out today in the snow?

MTbiker
03-03-2009, 10:27 AM

Chiller,
How does the capitol police handle issues like calling in due to inclement weather? I'd be traveling 20miles to a metro station (assuming i'm hired). Do people do this? I would think that LEOs would have to report regardless of conditions....?

Chiller
03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Chiller,
How does the capitol police handle issues like calling in due to inclement weather? I'd be traveling 20miles to a metro station (assuming i'm hired). Do people do this? I would think that LEOs would have to report regardless of conditions....?

Im sure some take the metro and if u cant make it in u cant make it in...I mean what are u supposed to do if the weather prevents it??

Anyways they dont like it when u dont make so u will prolly get written up...such is life

You can be sick over and over and nothing happens...go figure

MTbiker
03-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Anyways they dont like it when u dont make so u will prolly get written up...such is life

You can be sick over and over and nothing happens...go figure[/QUOTE]

So... what you saying is that the flu season hits it's peak when it snows? LOL:)

Chiller
03-03-2009, 01:00 PM

You can be sick over and over and nothing happens...go figure

So... what you saying is that the flu season hits it's peak when it snows? LOL:)[/QUOTE]

No...u can be sick over and over and nothing happens but call out cause of snow and ur in trouble...LOL

johnnyReb
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
So... what you saying is that the flu season hits it's peak when it snows? LOL:)

No...u can be sick over and over and nothing happens but call out cause of snow and ur in trouble...LOL[/QUOTE]

What's a few ROI's in your file right?

Chiller
03-03-2009, 08:15 PM
No...u can be sick over and over and nothing happens but call out cause of snow and ur in trouble...LOL

What's a few ROI's in your file right?[/QUOTE]

:D

SportsterChop
03-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Chiller or dtown101-

more of a relaxed question for you guys-

hows the gym that you guys have access to? i remember when i went for my polygraph, i could see some cardio equipment and stuff like that, but the blinds were drawn such that i couldnt see very much. Got many serious lifters in there, or a lot of the "cardio bunny" type?

thanks

(just curious)

NextCapCop
03-04-2009, 04:47 AM
http://www.capitolcops.org/docs/news/Dec08.pdf

I would like to thank officers at the Capitol Division
for speaking up and improving the break room conditions
at the Capitol Division. It was through their unity
and concentrated efforts that a positive change could be
in acted. I would also like to thank Chief Morse for listening
to those concerns and following through on improving
our working conditions there. For those of you
who aren’t aware the size of the new break room was
totally inadequate for the amount of officers utilizing the
space provided. Conditions were so over crowded that we had officers standing out in the hallways consuming
their meals. The chief had the partition removed separating
the break room and the roll call room. He also
ensured that extra tables were provided for the officers.
Even though conditions are far from perfect at least
there is improvement from what they were before.

Your USCP Labor Committee has heard numerous
complaints from officers concerning FMLA (Family
Medical Leave Act) and the reassignment of our
returning deployed military members. One of the biggest
problems with FMLA is that we have officials that
aren’t well versed in the requirements of FMLA. Officers
are denied FMLA because of officials don’t file
the correct paperwork to Human Resources. It is a travesty
when this happens to our officers. How can officers
focus on the mission when they have concerns about
providing support to their members and families. A solution
to this problem is for Human Resources training
supervisors and officers in the proper procedures in filing
FMLA paperwork.
A major concern from our military members is
the department detailing them to different divisions and
details upon their return from military service. These
officers have enough worries just trying to adjust to
their family life without the added concerns of work.
Detailing them to another section removes them from
the familiarity of their co workers and supervisors. Not
to mention a change in their work hours and days off.
Why should they be punished just for unselfishly serving
their country.

Interesting...

MTbiker
03-04-2009, 07:49 AM
What's a few ROI's in your file right?

:D[/QUOTE]

What's an ROI (aside from "Return On Investment")?

johnnyReb
03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Report of investigation.

MTbiker
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you, johnnyReb.

Has anyone been called for the march FLETC class?

MPD1986
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I havent heard anything yet MT...But i did speak with my BI on friday last week and was told selections were going to begin to be made this week.

NJMike
03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I havent heard anything yet MT...But i did speak with my BI on friday last week and was told selections were going to begin to be made this week.

MPD1986, how long ago did you submit the application and finish the process. Just wondering how long the process will take till you reach that point on waiting to be called for a class. I just submitted my app a week ago so i know i got a long time to go. Thanks for any info.

MPD1986
03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
NJmike....i took the POST test in june of 2008 and completed everything by december of 2008. so just around 6-7 months..

NJMike
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
NJmike....i took the POST test in june of 2008 and completed everything by december of 2008. so just around 6-7 months..

Thanks, so if I make it through the process i'll be looking at a class sometime in the fall, damn lol

dtown101
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Chiller or dtown101-

more of a relaxed question for you guys-

hows the gym that you guys have access to? i remember when i went for my polygraph, i could see some cardio equipment and stuff like that, but the blinds were drawn such that i couldnt see very much. Got many serious lifters in there, or a lot of the "cardio bunny" type?

thanks

(just curious)

their is a decent gym in the fairchild building...cardio/wts

SportsterChop
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
thanks for reply

dcsnoboard22
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
well im in crystal city, exams tomoro at 5pm :)

so its generally a 7-8 month process correcct??

ri1980sp
03-08-2009, 01:22 PM
well im in crystal city, exams tomoro at 5pm :)

so its generally a 7-8 month process correcct??

I'll be there too.

Chiller
03-08-2009, 07:18 PM
thats a good guess for the time frame

dcsnoboard22
03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
walking around dc today, around the white house i saw mostly US secret service police uniformed division hangin out...n then two heavily armed guards at the entrance of the white house...

last time i was in dc (november 08) us cap police were everywhere...did something change?

Sikes_GA
03-08-2009, 10:41 PM
walking around dc today, around the white house i saw mostly US secret service police uniformed division hangin out...n then two heavily armed guards at the entrance of the white house...

last time i was in dc (november 08) us cap police were everywhere...did something change?

uscp works st the capitol, senate, and house buildings. and anything to do with the capitol. usss takes care of the white house.

dcsnoboard22
03-08-2009, 11:45 PM
uscp works st the capitol, senate, and house buildings. and anything to do with the capitol. usss takes care of the white house.

ahhh thanks didnt know that haha

SportsterChop
03-09-2009, 12:03 AM
what?! the US CAPITOL police dont guard the white house? since when?! and who is this "secret service" you speak of?

dtown101
03-09-2009, 08:18 AM

"two heavily armed guards" didnt know USSS were called "guards"

Chiller
03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
"two heavily armed guards" didnt know USSS were called "guards"

Guess we all guards...LOL

DT..........wait till you here whats coming down the pipeline for Cap.Div.:eek::D

Chiller
03-09-2009, 09:32 AM

we are hiding better now

dtown101
03-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Guess we all guards...LOL

DT..........wait till you here whats coming down the pipeline for Cap.Div.:eek::D

i bet i will get some phone calls...cant wait to hear what im no longer missing...suxs for yall...sorry

future007
03-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Has anyone heard anything yet? I would hope that they would be making the calls soon. Good luck to everyone. Chiller or dtown after graduation do you get to choose from a list of avaiable divisions to start or are you stuck where ever they need people? Thanks

dcsnoboard22
03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
we are hiding better now

haha well hopefully all goes well and i can join you in hiding once this process is complete...my exams at 5pm today...

and the 'guards' i spoke of, looked like they were wearing all black bdu's with black t shirts, military boots, and both carried large machine guns...couldnt see too well from the fence to where they were...

Chiller
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Has anyone heard anything yet? I would hope that they would be making the calls soon. Good luck to everyone. Chiller or dtown after graduation do you get to choose from a list of avaiable divisions to start or are you stuck where ever they need people? Thanks

You will get a wish list of 3 choices before u graduate...That list promptly goes in the shredder after you put it in.

You will go where they want to put and class rank wont mean shiat in that decision either

SportsterChop
03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
dcsnowboard22-

http://www.secretservice.gov/

http://www.uscapitolpolice.gov/

have you ever seen these pages?

dcsnoboard22
03-09-2009, 12:31 PM
dcsnowboard22-

http://www.secretservice.gov/

http://www.uscapitolpolice.gov/

have you ever seen these pages?

never looked at the secret service one til yesterday....last time i was in dc, i saw us cap police everywhere, this time it was all secret service police at the posts where i saw cap police...thats why i had asked my questions...sorry if the 'guard' comment offended anyone, but thats what came to mind...

ArsenalMA
03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I am currently undergoing the hiring process with USCP. I just scheduled my poly,psych and physical for the end of March.

dcsnoboard22
03-09-2009, 01:23 PM
very nice, best of luck to you, how long has this overall process taken for you?

ArsenalMA
03-09-2009, 01:42 PM
very nice, best of luck to you, how long has this overall process taken for you?
i took the test in late November, got my test results a bit late (they actually emailed them to me, and about a month after i got the email i got my actual paper results) Filled out my background paperwork in early December, and I just got the email last week to schedule my appointments.

dtown101
03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I am currently undergoing the hiring process with USCP. I just scheduled my poly,psych and physical for the end of March.

now remember when you get asked the question about having relations with animals be sure to check the NO block...hahaha lol:p

Chiller
03-09-2009, 08:04 PM
last time i was in dc, i saw us cap police everywhere, this time it was all secret service police at the posts where i saw cap police..You are incorrect at your thoughts/sites....that hasnt happened anywhere at all nor will it so someone misinformed you or you are just completely wrong

sorry if the 'guard' comment offended anyone, but thats what came to mind...
well keep in mind that's exactly what you will be called repeatedly should you work for either one

Chiller
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
now remember when you get asked the question about having relations with animals be sure to check the NO block...hahaha lol:p

I think they accept yes as an answer now if its only once:D

BD380
03-09-2009, 08:37 PM
well keep in mind that's exactly what you will be called repeatedly should you work for either one

You guys get that too? hahahaha

I pulled over some guy driving a semi the other day who was on the phone with his boss trying to get directions. He said "security has me pulled over right now, I gotta go". As he's saying this, he's looking directly at me, with my ball cap that says "POLICE" in huge gold letters. :rolleyes:

Or the lady today that asked me if I was carrying a gun.... I asked her how many police officers she's seen that didn't carry guns. She gave me a confused look and said "police officers?". I then had to point out the huge "POLICE" lettering on my patches and badge. Turns out she's been working here for about 5 years and never realized it..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chiller
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM

I pulled over some guy driving a semi the other day who was on the phone with his boss trying to get directions. He said "security has me pulled over right now, I gotta go". As he's saying this, he's looking directly at me, with my ball cap that says "POLICE" in huge gold letters. :rolleyes:

Or the lady today that asked me if I was carrying a gun.... I asked her how many police officers she's seen that didn't carry guns. She gave me a confused look and said "police officers?". I then had to point out the huge "POLICE" lettering on my patches and badge. Turns out she's been working here for about 5 years and never realized it..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A lost driver at the guard shack is a good one too....

We get it a ton....personally I dont care nor does it bother me really. I do know some that get rather ****ed by it...

Not even worth getting upset over but it is very funny....specially when this guard locks your *** up

dcsnoboard22
03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
thanks for the input i have a relative who works on the hill and he explained a few things to me...

im a cop in IL and im tryin to xfer to dc so we will see what happens

exams done and over with, now the long drive back to chi

Chiller
03-09-2009, 09:06 PM
thanks for the input i have a relative who works on the hill and he explained a few things to me...

im a cop in IL and im tryin to xfer to dc so we will see what happens

exams done and over with, now the long drive back to chi

goot luck

dcsnoboard22
03-10-2009, 09:20 AM

i have been called a guard, i have been referred to as security as well...funny as it is, even with my squad car, police across my upper back, badge and gun...oh well c'est la vie...the pentagon police were out in force sunday...

dtown101
03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
CHILLER,

are you talking about the 531 everyone has to fill out ?????

if so that is a bunch of poo poo....what is the inspector thinking????

ri1980sp
03-10-2009, 08:28 PM
A lost driver at the guard shack is a good one too....

We get it a ton....personally I dont care nor does it bother me really. I do know some that get rather ****ed by it...

Not even worth getting upset over but it is very funny....specially when this guard locks your *** up

Guess this guy did not notice they were police either.....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0309/Man_arrested_near_Capitol_with_guns_sword_.html

Chiller
03-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Guess this guy did not notice they were police either.....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0309/Man_arrested_near_Capitol_with_guns_sword_.html

Warm weather has brought ALOT of dummies out so far...should be a long spring and summer:D

dtown101
03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Warm weather has brought ALOT of dummies out so far...should be a long spring and summer:D

send all the dummies down 16 blocks to the west....lol...they do the same from what ive been told by some UD officers...its like ping pong

dtown101
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
You would not beleive how many people show up at the House and ask, where is the big dome?

Then you have to explain it's the Capitol...and they dont believe you.

ive told people that the pres lives at the top of the dome and they believed me...dumm arses

SportsterChop
03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Jack Bauer has been spending some time at the House and the dome.

Chiller
03-11-2009, 05:21 PM
You would not beleive how many people show up at the House and ask, where is the big dome?

Then you have to explain it's the Capitol...and they dont believe you.

Vice versa....Ive lost count how many times Ive been asked where Obama sleeps in the White House...errrr..Capitol

I tell everyone the Library of Congress is McDonalds HQ...see the french fries on top

Agent A-Hop
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
any1 else taking the test on the 21st

Morning_Runner
03-12-2009, 08:16 PM
any1 else taking the test on the 21st

I'll be there.