PDA

View Full Version : Inmate escapes from Kentucky State Prison ..

Bourne Identity
03-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Escaped La Grange inmate caught
By Jessie Halladay
jhalladay@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal

An inmate serving time for three murders was captured this morning after about two hours on the run from the Kentucky State Reformatory.

Michael W. Brunner, 46, will face new charges for the escape, which was discovered about 8 a.m., said Gary Prestigiacomo, a spokesman for the prison.

Guards saw an inmate in an unusual location inside the prison’s perimeter, Prestigiacomo said.

The facility was placed under lockdown, inmates were counted, and Brunner discovered to be was missing.

Just after 10 a.m., LaGrange Detective Bruce Fleisch saw Brunner coming out of a field on Tierbrick Road and arrested him, Prestigiacomo said.

Brunner was convicted in 1993 on three counts of murder and one count of burglary.

The charge stemmed from an October 1990 shooting that killed Tanya Shaw Vaughn, J.C. Craig and Faye Craig.

The shooting happened just minutes after police responded to a domestic trouble call where Vaughn refused to swear out a warrant on Brunner, her live-in boyfriend.

After police left, Brunner shot Vaughn and the Craigs.

Prison records also indicate that Brunner was convicted in 2004 of attempting to escape from prison.

OK here is my thought ... when will these reporters get a clue and stop calling us Guards?? Does anyone else get annoyed by that?

hankrearden2000
03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Prison Guard is a very honorable title, and it's what I do. It's the height of pretense to think that we are correcting anyone.

Guards protect things of value. We protect the innocent from the monsters.

CO1989
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
We should be called Prison Officers. I agree that we don't correct anyone - but I do a hell of a lot more than just "guard" these mutts!

jwtrapper
03-14-2007, 02:25 AM
I agree I hate being called a guard. Guards stand around and watch trash cans in the chow hall. I do a lot more than that.

Bowles
03-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Jail Guards, pencil sharperns etc...lol Where's Hogboy when you need him.

hankrearden2000
03-14-2007, 04:06 AM
We should be called Prison Officers. I agree that we don't correct anyone - but I do a hell of a lot more than just "guard" these mutts!

True. Back in ancient times when people had sense about such things, some agencies referred to us as Prison Officers.

Bourne Identity
03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
I don't mean to sound so touchy, but it just gets annoying being called "guard." The media has no respect for Correctional Officers and the publics view of us is messed up. Just sad that's all.

Bowles
03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't mean to sound so touchy, but it just gets annoying being called "guard." The media has no respect for Correctional Officers and the publics view of us is messed up. Just sad that's all.

You're right, but there isn't a damn thing you or I can do about it. Just one of those things you gotta learn to live with.

Hack
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM

Live with it. I do "correct" people from time to time, but most people can't get past that. We do guard them from escaping into society, and we guard society from trying to break them out. Somebody has to do it, right? I have been in the business for over a decade, and it's still that way. As long as I get my paycheck, go home safe, preferably at the end of eight hours, and keep seeing my family.

PRIME EVIL
03-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Here is a better question. How does someone who has been convicted of three murders escape?