PDA

View Full Version : Texas Prison Use of Force Video

hankrearden2000
09-19-2006, 04:35 AM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=894975711

armoredman
09-19-2006, 12:26 PM
What is that doing on an internet website??? That should never be in the public domain.

hankrearden2000
09-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Good question!

dexwin
09-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Looks like it is from robwill.org, a website for a deathrow offender here in Texas.

I don't know how him and/or his people got those tapes, (there is another on the site) some years we have a hard time getting permission to view UoF tapes durning inservice.

I'm passing that site on, maybe Huntsville can do something about it.

hijinxxx
09-19-2006, 10:35 PM
not very impressive..i am wondering why it hasn't been removed yet..seems like it was posted by a con lover because he is compliant etc. Little bit of spray (BIG DEAL) ..i was waiting for the big shock but after 25 mins it never happened ~sigh~ Surprised they tried to put him in the same cell that spray was used in thou.

My concern is the CRAPPY ERT gear i saw...shess!!

And who's the genius that designed the sliding (inside the cell) track doors? *shaking head*

ksbrewer
09-20-2006, 12:05 AM
What a punk. Seen alot of his kind.

hankrearden2000
09-20-2006, 03:52 AM
I don't know how him and/or his people got those tapes, (there is another on the site) some years we have a hard time getting permission to view UoF tapes durning inservice.

What a statement! TDCJ officers can't view use of force videos for training purposes, but a thug can place one on a website! Top information security in ol' TDC! Willie Wayne Justice would be proud... :p

D.T.O.M
09-20-2006, 03:57 AM
horrible video.

Who in their right mind wanted the doors to be like that? The door deffeated the entire ERT team. Absolutly retarded. Id be ****ed if I worked there.

tanikir
09-20-2006, 04:30 AM
I checked out that robwill.org, it was actually kind of humorous to read this guys stuff. The videos are obviously edited, I'm thinking there was something the inmate did that he didn't want seen. I'm guessing this was obtained through public disclosure.

If you want to complain to the state, the guy who posted it on myspace (the link on here) is supposedly a C/O at the Michael unit of the Tennesee Colony facility in Texas. His name is Ricky Minton. If he really is a C/O, maybe his sgt could explain why this doesn't need sharing.

Gungho_Joe
09-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Oh well the door got stuck. I guess he got to cook in the OC rich environment for awhile longer.

How would some even get access to this tape unless they worked at the facility?

hankrearden2000
09-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Those doors on tracks stick all the time, especially when the thugs kick on them 24/7. They don't break out though. I have personally witnessed a pair of inmates kick on a hinged SHU door to the point that the bottom hinge screws all broke, jamming the door to the point that the door wouldn't open and they had to be cut out with a cutting torch. A few more hours of kicking and they would probably have broken all of the door hinges and been out.

Yes, you guessed it. It took place in a Federal Bureau of Prisons institution. Only in the BOP are thugs allowed to practically kick the doors off of the hinges before a decision is made to take action.

dexwin
09-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Those doors on tracks stick all the time, especially when the thugs kick on them 24/7. They don't break out though. .

Actually, some do. Some offenders know how to jam them just right, that they show green in the picket, but later they can manipulate the door and come out on a officer. At least the cell door on that UoF tape had the bean chute with two doors on it. We still have the old, single door, fold out type that offenders try to jack every now and again.

I checked out that robwill.org, it was actually kind of humorous to read this guys stuff. The videos are obviously edited, I'm thinking there was something the inmate did that he didn't want seen. I'm guessing this was obtained through public disclosure.

The first video (the one shown on the myspace site) did not look edited to me, it had the introduction (names and dates, etc) intact. The offender had jacked the cuffs before the camera and supervisor were called. If it had been me, I would have kept him on the wall the entire time, except for the time needed for the Uof physical and photos, instead of allowing him time to face the camera and spew that crap.
The second video just showed the five man team restraining him in his cell, there was not even gas used.... that part I did not understand. In that video he was not protesting, just calling all the COs the standard "Bitch-*** hoes" and all the rest.

One thing I noticed though, in both videos the other offenders on the run seemed really quiet. Usually when we suit up a team and go to seg, you can hardly hear over all the yelling. About the only time they don't make stir is when we have to go in on a punk on the run that no one cares for... Makes me wonder if this guy hasn't been bringing too much heat onto the run.

hankrearden2000
09-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Those doors can be defeated if the operator doesn't open them up completely before closing them.

God, TDCJ hasn't taken to calling thugs "Offenders" has it? :o

dexwin
09-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Those doors can be defeated if the operator doesn't open them up completely before closing them.

God, TDCJ hasn't taken to calling thugs "Offenders" has it? :o

Officially, yes. Though, everyone that I have heard refer to them, from a regional director down still uses "inmate." Of course there are other less offical names, but this is a public forum, despite the "sworn" rule, so why give the already less than understanding free world more ammo?

bcoffill
09-21-2006, 12:46 PM
i dunno...after reading his site...he says he was handcuffed and scientific evidence...blah blah blah...why was he anywhere close to where someone shot a police officer??? i think hes full of $hit... i think the officers should actually do what he says they do so that way his bitchin will be for a good reason