PDA

View Full Version : Good Looking Female Officers...

badge1024
08-21-2006, 03:58 PM
disclaimer: just to get this out of the way, I feel that most female officers can perform their job duties just fine.

Now, onto the topic, do you feel that good looking female officers are taken seriously by the public? and do you feel that their looks may interfere with the performance of their jobs? Do you have any good looking female officers on your department? If so, how has that impacted the rest of the officers.

Guitar Cop
08-21-2006, 04:01 PM
disclaimer: just to get this out of the way, I feel that most female officers can perform their job duties just fine.

Now, onto the topic, do you feel that good looking female officers are taken seriously by the public? and do you feel that their looks may interfere with the performance of their jobs? Do you have any good looking female officers on your department? If so, how has that impacted the rest of the officers.

First of all, we need to define "good looking"

Because female cops are in the minority, many who are considered "good looking cops" would be average or below average in the civilain world

badge1024
08-21-2006, 04:11 PM
ok, to define good looking, i'll basically just say an 8 or 9 out of a possible 10. I'm not talking about "Butch"...I was talking about a genuinely good looking hot cop. Sure, there are 1's and 2's....a good majority of 5's and 7's....but I meant the 9's :)

OH Deputy
08-21-2006, 04:18 PM
I am told all the time that I'm way too pretty to be a police officer!

I think when I first showed up at the academy the guys thought I was there for their pleasure. They quickly learned that I was there for me and I was serious about being a police officer.

I've been asked by male deputies if my wedding ring was to keep them away or if it's a real marriage. They were informed that my ring goes along with a real marriage and to bug off.

I would be interested to know just how the public perceives me. They seem to take me serious, but I'm a rookie.

Michelle

SHERIFF
08-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Locally..... where I live......

I don't think I have ever seen a 9 or 10 in a police uniform.

SHERIFF
08-21-2006, 04:22 PM
I would be interested to know just how the public perceives me. They seem to take me serious, but I'm a rookie.
Michelle

People used to ask me if I was related to Burt Reynolds. :D

Razor60
08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Most female officers I've seen around here look like "tomboys". :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're good officers but often at times, I have to look "closely" in order to tell whether or not they're actually "females".

But then again, this is San Francisco. You know what I mean.

stangfather
08-21-2006, 04:34 PM
locally to me there is this Deputy that looks like Salma Hyak? (spelling) cept she is above 6 ft and close to 200lbs. and she is NOT overweight!!
though i think the vest must have had to be custom made to accomidate her...umm attributes....
i used to see her fueling her car every moring at a certian conveniance store, one day she had her hair down *(way longer than shoulder length) and i was like DAMN!!!!! spilled my coffee in my truck.

there isnt many female officers around here but the ones that are are average or better than average. ive only seen one or two that look like John Goodman in makeup.

That being said, other than the Amazon Godess Deputy they all seem to be VERY tiny ladies, like 5"6 or shorter, one of em had what looked like the smallest pair of Danner Acadia boots ive ever seen!! they looked like baby shoes!!

IMO it doesnt matter your size, back when i was first getting into martial arts their was a 55yr old Korean lady that i saw kick the crap out of a huge guy in the Dojo, turns out she had been doing Akido and Jeet Kun Do since like 1975.

its all about motivation i think.

Stewie
08-21-2006, 04:39 PM
We have 2 local female cops here, and I'd rather be talked to by one of the guys rather than the ladies. They are pretty fierce, serious, and pretty intimidating. One of em is kinda meh looks wise, the other is really pretty I'd give her a 7 outta 10 (10 being super model looks).

deputy x 2
08-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Most female officers I've seen around here look like "tomboys". :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're good officers but often at times, I have to look "closely" in order to tell whether or not they're actually "females".

But then again, this is San Francisco. You know what I mean.

That's because of the grooming standards (short hair or wear it in a bun) and the uniform. The vest can flatten out 40DD's. :eek: :eek: And the boots make it difficult to walk like you're wearing high heels!

And in regards to SF? You mean where the women are strong and the men are pretty? :D :D

badge1024
08-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I am told all the time that I'm way too pretty to be a police officer!

I think when I first showed up at the academy the guys thought I was there for their pleasure. They quickly learned that I was there for me and I was serious about being a police officer.

I've been asked by male deputies if my wedding ring was to keep them away or if it's a real marriage. They were informed that my ring goes along with a real marriage and to bug off.

Michelle

....I have been pulled over once or twice by an extremely good looking female. You cant help but say "wow"...youre a cop? Unfortunately, its very hard to take a hot cop seriously versus a built marine corps drill instructor when theyre screaming demands at you. Same thing usually with cops who are very short or cops who are old or look like geeks. Its unfortunate and i dont agree with it, but it happens regardless. When you deal with a 9 or 10 female officer you're not exactly focusing on what she's telling you about a speeding violation if you get what i mean. And I'm sure on EVERY stop those officers ever make, they get asked for their phone numbers or get asked about their personal life. I was personally just too shocked to ask the cop anything....no joke she was that good looking.

badge1024
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
...actually, any hot female is uniform is going to have that problem of being taken seriously. The uniform is more of the adult movie/honeymoon..etc..intention when its worn by a 10/10. Same problem experienced by a doctor or construction worker (rarely ever see it in construction but hey, it happens)

AggiePhil
08-21-2006, 07:08 PM
The last town that I lived in had 2-3 hot ones, and my current area doesn't really have any that I know of.

Sixthscent
08-21-2006, 08:19 PM
There are some really good female LEO out there. Some are capable of handling some situations better than their male co-workers. Over the years I have noticed that not many stick with law enforcement. After the new shine wears off of the badge and they quit getting the stare they move on. Our department is fairly small. We have 3 female officers. One is average with her job skills. One is just hanging in there for the paycheck, and the other is still shaking her tail trying to see how many looks she can get. It is sad but the remainder of department has zero confidence in our female officers, especially when it comes to expecting them to watch our backs on a call. Once again there are some great females out there, it doesn't matter to me if she is a Miss America or a coyote ulgy as long as she does her job and can shoot straight.

CincyCop
08-21-2006, 09:18 PM
The vest can flatten out 40DD's.

Quite true! :D

SHERIFF
08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
..... the remainder of department has zero confidence in our female officers, especially when it comes to expecting them to watch our backs on a call.

That's a terrible feeling. :eek:

Trucker
08-21-2006, 09:38 PM
"wow"...youre a cop? Unfortunately, its very hard to take a hot cop seriously

Want me to introduce you to one who will soon remove that silly notion from your head? :D

She'll soon have you knowing the UNIFORM, and what it represents should be your focus.

Now, not unlike the 911 caller, AFTER the fact, if you care to be complimentary, I'm sure she would appreciate the kudo's.

But when business is to be conducted, don't be lulled into some moronic teenage dilusion! :eek:

letshearit4blue
08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Personally, I'm getting sick of being referred to as "the eye candy" when I work a detail...
And that's by the officers. :mad:

SHERIFF
08-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Personally, I'm getting sick of being referred to as "the eye candy" when I work a detail...

That would make me mad too. "Eye Candy" generally means something is pretty although it serves no useful purpose other than appearance! :mad:

letshearit4blue
08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
That's because of the grooming standards (short hair or wear it in a bun) and the uniform.

And the boots make it difficult to walk like you're wearing high heels!

...I'm yet to master the catwalk in dutyboots...

letshearit4blue
08-21-2006, 09:47 PM
That would make me mad too. "Eye Candy" generally means something is pretty although it serves no useful purpose other than appearance! :mad:
It's worse when they're talking to a civi and POINT at me and say I'm the eye candy. :mad:

SHERIFF
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
It's worse when they're talking to a civi and POINT at me and say I'm the eye candy. :mad:

You could always tell the civilian the chief decided he needed to hire you so things might get done right for a while. :D

letshearit4blue
08-21-2006, 10:15 PM
You could always tell the civilian the chief decided he needed to hire you so things might get done right for a while. :D
Apparently I serve as a distraction instead ;)

Guitar Cop
08-21-2006, 10:59 PM
ok, to define good looking, i'll basically just say an 8 or 9 out of a possible 10. I'm not talking about "Butch"...I was talking about a genuinely good looking hot cop. Sure, there are 1's and 2's....a good majority of 5's and 7's....but I meant the 9's :)

OK, now that we have the definition out of the way

A really good looking female cop usually does not have to worry about if the public takes her seriously because she won't be on the street very long. She will be a PIO, school resources, youth detective or some other inside job. Even if she is not the type to compromise her principles, some higher ranking PIGS will move her into an inside job to give others the impresion that she is a "conquest"

This is not fair to the good looking females because of they way they are viewed and it is not fair to the males or the ugly girls who have EARNED the right to have those jobs, but have lost them to a buffed up dolly

miami-k9
08-21-2006, 11:04 PM
We have a few 8's, and at least one 9 1/2, she's about worthless and the 8's arent much better. My experience with them is "No", no one really takes them seriously. They are a distraction. They do get male officers hurt. I havent met many (in my or other depts) that were competant. Those I have spent any time with, tend to be in it for the guy booty (they are cop groupies in the extreem form), and are promiscuous to the point of ...."Dude, you hit that....gawd I hope you double bagged it."

But otherwise pretty girls are always fun to be around. Some of them are well aware of their "role", and are actually kinda cool about it. They get you chicks num's, introduce you to friends of hers, sometimes when you get that loud party call and its full of hotties, she helps you out by playing the good cop bad cop bit. Its not that they dont have some uses, its just the ones that "I" have worked with werent much as cops.

Remember....this OPINION is based on my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, and is not endorsed by this station, he managment, its advertisers, or employees.

D.T.O.M
08-21-2006, 11:07 PM
There are a few that I work with, 2 Corrections officers, and 3-4 road deputies.

I havent worked with the Road females, seeing as I am not road, but I know a vew of them outside of work and they seem like the kind of people where you would be suprised with how they can control a situation. Ive talked to a few of the male Road Deps and they say they handle themselves just fine. Being an attractive female can have its advantages as well as its draw backs. As for the C/O's I work with, they are good looking girls and know it, but they dont let it get in the way. They do their jobs just the same as any guy.

I think that it can be the same way with a good looking male too, specialy when you are dealing with female subjects.

pfchell
08-21-2006, 11:49 PM
i saw one real nice looking female cop in town.she winked at me. ;) but there's my wife holding apple pie. i dont think that cop can bake the pie like her's. :D

kirch
08-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I recall running into a female deputy at the jail intake one night that kind of caught my attention. In the time I was there booking my arrestee, EVERY male prisoner that was brought in commented on her looks. I don't know how you'd get used to that. She was competent, did her job, and didn't seem to let the stares bother her. I haven't seen her since that night, so I assume it was a temporary assignment for her. Dang. :(

DOAcop38
08-22-2006, 10:50 PM
And in regards to SF? You mean where the women are strong and the men are pretty? :D :D

Don't you mean West Hollywood,CA? ( where the "men" wear high heels and and the "girls" work out and have 18" necks???) LOLOLOL!! sorry guys ,but here in California nearly 75% of our female partners are attractive( 7.5s and above), but then again THIS IS CALIFORNIA...... :rolleyes:

OFK
08-22-2006, 11:03 PM
People used to ask me if I was related to Burt Reynolds. :D

Here is who you remind me of

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/OsamaFKerry/cher.jpg

letshearit4blue
08-23-2006, 04:36 PM

LOL *snickers*

kmurphydpd
08-24-2006, 01:39 AM

It's ridiculous. Usually mines by the public though.
I mean you get over it when you're on the job because if you want people to take you seriously, then you can't be bothered by petty crap, but it really gets annoying feeling like you're only there for people's viewing pleasure. Whatever. I'm not changing how I look for this stupid BS so I'm gonna have to put up with it. You know I think it's just all about earning the respect of people you come in contact with... being either the public or fellow officers. You got to show them that you can DO THE JOB NO MATTER WHAT. Only comes with confidence in your abilities, but then again what do I know... I'm only a rookie.

I thank God that my department is really cool. There are 5 of us, and 3 of the guys are older, they all treat me more like a daughter. :rolleyes:

ejay
08-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Hey, any of you girls seen my commercial?

I'm the action figure.

All action (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqaUAhK28k)

Entre Nous
08-24-2006, 03:24 AM
I'm the action figure.I don't know, ejay. You look a little bit stiff and lifeless. But your flexible hands are a plus.

padowan
08-24-2006, 03:58 AM
A really good looking female cop usually does not have to worry about if the public takes her seriously because she won't be on the street very long

uhhhhh.... How long is "not very long"? I'm still on the street after nearly six years. Is that in the "not very long" time frame? I'm just wondering if tI'm an ugly girl who's EARNED the job or just not "really" good looking. :D

DOAcop38
08-24-2006, 05:29 AM
uhhhhh.... How long is "not very long"? I'm still on the street after nearly six years. Is that in the "not very long" time frame? I'm just wondering if tI'm an ugly girl who's EARNED the job or just not "really" good looking. :D

Maybe you are still on the "street" becuase you do your job well, or you just haven't tahen getting into a specialized unit seriously............ ;)

nebraska_deputy
08-24-2006, 06:28 AM
We don't have many female officers in the area out here where I work. The few I have ran into in the Counties close to us seem like they handle them self's really well. At this point and time I have not worked with a female officer on the road. There are only 8 or so in our 10 county area and all but 2 work for the State Patrol. While in the academy we had 4 women in my class. Only one was really attractive she was about 7 or so on the 1 to 10 scale, she wasn't Faith Hill or anything, but every time we would go out guys would giver her a second glance. The only thing negative I have to say about her is all she did was complaint about how much weighted. She would always complain about how much she needed to loose. Here she is 5'7, 125, built really attractive and all of the guys in our class liked her. We would tell her all the time she needed to gain weight, but it seemed as if she was fishing for complements, she ate up the attention. As for doing the job, it seemed like she was going to be a good Deputy. She came to the job with a few years of jail experience which I think helped a lot. As for the other three girls only one seemed a little jealous and you could tell. I feel if a woman can do the job more power to her, because if I'm getting my ***** kicked on the side of the road I want all the help I can get.

badge1024
08-24-2006, 01:05 PM
It's ridiculous. Usually mines by the public though.
I mean you get over it when you're on the job because if you want people to take you seriously, then you can't be bothered by petty crap, but it really gets annoying feeling like you're only there for people's viewing pleasure. Whatever. I'm not changing how I look for this stupid BS so I'm gonna have to put up with it. You know I think it's just all about earning the respect of people you come in contact with... being either the public or fellow officers. You got to show them that you can DO THE JOB NO MATTER WHAT. Only comes with confidence in your abilities, but then again what do I know... I'm only a rookie.

I thank God that my department is really cool. There are 5 of us, and 3 of the guys are older, they all treat me more like a daughter. :rolleyes:

lol, I hope you dont mean that there are only 5 officers in the entire city. talk about zero funding and knowing all the criminal's middle names

keith758
08-24-2006, 01:15 PM
As a Lt., I do not notice the physical attributes of other officers. I consider them all as officers, and expect them to do their job. (Did that sound P.C. enough?) :D

sjjisu
08-24-2006, 01:19 PM
My dept. has a tendency of hiring "cute" chicks...not necessarily "hot" ones. Sometimes we do get hit on but usually it works in our favor...people tend to be fairly cooperative. That could also be because we aren't *****es to them (unless they ask for it, of course). ;)

Mitchell_in_CT
08-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I like it when attractive women cross my path regardless of why and how. I especialy don't mind when the actualy decide to talk to me. :)

As for female police officers, when they give you a ticket, it's somewhat the same as being married or in a relationship with them...

Now, now...think about it...

They establish that they are in charge, take your money and tell you that you can't do the things you want to do, then leave...

For them, its win-win...for men...its about how most relationships go...

JeffroPoPo
08-24-2006, 02:04 PM
This thread is nothing without pictures.

SHERIFF
08-24-2006, 03:43 PM

Very funny. :D

I am also confused by many for George Clooney. :)

Soon2Be
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Very funny. :D

I am also confused by many for George Clooney. :)That's not a bad thing!

blueronin
08-25-2006, 12:38 AM
We had a really pretty little blond in the academy. She got high marks at everything she did. She was voted class president. In the words of a student "because she's hot!". Three years later she's in her third department. And every boyfriend she's had-yep you guessed it another cop. Two of her brothers are cops and her dad is/was a cop. I'm seeing a pattern here. :rolleyes: This is the type that gives the better female officers, goodlooking or not, a bad rep.

kmurphydpd
08-25-2006, 05:34 AM
lol, I hope you dont mean that there are only 5 officers in the entire city. talk about zero funding and knowing all the criminal's middle names

hahaha actually yea I do mean there are only 5 of us total. its a small town though. population 2K. zero funding and knowing not only all the criminal's middle names, but all the normal people too. LOL

ughhh hey its a start. Quaint lil town and we have our fair share of BS believe me. :rolleyes:

Buttercup
08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey, any of you girls seen my commercial?

I'm the action figure.

All action (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqaUAhK28k)

You certainly are versatile.

chaser266
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM
The attractive female officers who take their jobs seriously have my full respect. They often have to put up with even more crap than the average male cop. From comments about their ability to do the job, to constant unwelcome and inappropriate flirting, their ability to remain professional is tested constantly.

SHERIFF
08-25-2006, 12:10 PM
...... to constant unwelcome and inappropriate flirting.....

Yeah. And when they scream sexual harassment in the workplace, everybody acts innocent and the girls are placed on the sh*t list.

letshearit4blue
08-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah. And when they scream sexual harassment in the workplace, everybody acts innocent and the girls are placed on the sh*t list.
EXACTLY!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

malka881
08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
There's one on the local department. 5'7", platinum blonde, 160.

PHD in Education and oak leaves on her collar.

Nobody seems to bother her much. :D