PDA

View Full Version : Appealing the Oral Psych...

fleadom
07-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I am currently in the beginning stages of appealing the Psych with LASD and would greatly appreciate any advice or input. I was initially notified that my medical was good, and that I was cleared for hire with "NO" restrictions. Then to my surprise I was hit with a yellow DQ card a week and a half later. Please help with any advice. Thanks!

cptkirk
07-21-2006, 04:51 PM
repost, repost, repost

trueguy
07-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I am a little confused by both of your posts, so you got DQ on the oral Psych but got a past on the medical?

In any case, I would assume that they are two departments working in parallel. It's the case where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I don't know what advice you need except to appeal it as best as you can. I am no expert in the field however, I am in the process myself.

cptkirk
07-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Deleted...

trueguy
07-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Remember the buddie I posted about in the LASD thread. He got his white card saying he was medically cleared and then one week after that got a DQ card.

I figure this is your buddy. I am going to take the Psych soon, so I might be on the same boat. But if I was in his shoe right now, there is nothing else I could do except appeal. Maybe find out why you got DQ in the first place, but you don't know that until you appeal. I don't think there will be any advice here that would help since it varies with the individual, except ask about the process of appealing (which we know from boo79).

Do post what you have to go through in the process of appealing though...

Sorry dude...so much time and effort...atleast your not the guy that got DQ at the end of the academy. Imagine how that guy feel. :(

FXV4
07-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I am about to appeal my oral psych result with the lapd. I am having a hard time trying to find a psychologist that will perform this evaluation. The one I did contact quoted me $1550! Does anyone have any suggestions or other psychologists that do this for cheaper?

cptkirk
07-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Contact Fleadom. He found one in San Bernanrdino that did it for 375.00 I beleive.

fleadom
07-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I am about to appeal my oral psych result with the lapd. I am having a hard time trying to find a psychologist that will perform this evaluation. The one I did contact quoted me $1550! Does anyone have any suggestions or other psychologists that do this for cheaper?

I just had my Psych Appeal yesterday (7/25) and it cost my $375. I could not have asked for a better experience. 1500 written questions and six hours later the doctor told me that she was going to do her best to see that I become a Deputy with LASD!! Please feel free to contact me if you would like any specific information.

trueguy
07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I just had my Psych Appeal yesterday (7/25) and it cost my $375. I could not have asked for a better experience. 1500 written questions and six hours later the doctor told me that she was going to do her best to see that I become a Deputy with LASD!! Please feel free to contact me if you would like any specific information.

I am glad to hear that!!! Wow 1500 questions are a lot....thats a quarter per question though, so you got a good deal.

T-Bird
07-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I am glad to hear that!!! Wow 1500 questions are a lot....thats a quarter per question though, so you got a good deal.

I hired a guy by the name of Robert Daily. He quoted me $700 which is kinda in the middle between the numerous quotes I heard. The good thing is that he happens to be the former director of psychological services for the NYPD. So it looks like I'm in good hands.

fleadom
07-26-2006, 06:50 PM
thats a quarter per question though, so you got a good deal.

LOL! That sounds like the rationale i was using to get through that monster exam. It also had an IQ test, and two separte short-answer tests. Well worth the loot.... :D