PDA

View Full Version : "No RECORD NCIC" (what it means)?

andy29
02-11-2006, 07:30 PM
When dispatchers query a persons DL number, they usually say at the end "No wants...no warrants...No record NCIC"....Or is it MCIC??? I dont know...because they usually say it too fast to understand..

Please shed some light on this please...Thanks

irishlad2nv
02-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I am assuming that you are listening to a Police Scanner? It is NCIC. Thats all you need to know.

acebpd0304
02-11-2006, 07:36 PM
def listnin to a scanner lets just say it means no record ncic ;)

andy29
02-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes I do listenm to my local police via a scanner....

If it is NCIC, what do they mean by "no record NCIC"?

SWH
02-11-2006, 07:41 PM
It's the same thing as saying "No wants/warrants", dunno why they would make the NCIC comment...

irishlad2nv
02-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes I do listenm to my local police via a scanner....

If it is NCIC, what do they mean by "no record NCIC"?
I was going to try and be nice...it means what you typed...NO RECORD!!

deputy x 2
02-11-2006, 07:42 PM
National Crime Information Center

Its an acronym...like CJIS, CLETS, AFIS, SVS, AWS, etc

acebpd0304
02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I was going to try and be nice...it means what you typed...NO RECORD!!

You got to him first!!

irishlad2nv
02-11-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL..I am on a roll today of people on here asking very annoying questions...lol..sorry long week! How's good ole' B-more..any snow yet?

acebpd0304
02-11-2006, 08:03 PM
LOL..I am on a roll today of people on here asking very annoying questions...lol..sorry long week! How's good ole' B-more..any snow yet?

looks like a crackheads insides out there...we got a good 8 inches right now... fixed positions 2nite followed by 8 hours of sleep for patrol officers lol..for me im not gonna leave my office, ps2 it is!

e-man
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
looks like a crackheads insides out there...we got a good 8 inches right now... fixed positions 2nite followed by 8 hours of sleep for patrol officers lol..for me im not gonna leave my office, ps2 it is!
8 inches Isnt that what the ... cant say... We only have a god dusting in Steeler town. Maybe an inch now and a few over night. Nice to see someone else getting hammered. Bawlmer, Charm City. Havent been there since last year, I miss thjat place....WHY I dunno...

SgtScott31
02-11-2006, 10:58 PM
When running DL information on a subject (as on a traffic stop), they do not run a criminal history check through NCIC.

A criminal history check through NCIC has to be warranted and documented as to the reasoning for the check. Just running the driving history and a wants/warrants check will not tell the dispatcher the subject's criminal history.

It is typing something completely different when running a criminal history.

Quopper
02-11-2006, 11:50 PM
When running DL information on a subject (as on a traffic stop), they do not run a criminal history check through NCIC.

A criminal history check through NCIC has to be warranted and documented as to the reasoning for the check. Just running the driving history and a wants/warrants check will not tell the dispatcher the subject's criminal history.

It is typing something completely different when running a criminal history.
HOWEVER, based on my stop I may ask for a criminal history, OR it could be that departments version of saying there is nothing else in the system, like RO's, Officer Safety's, etc...???? :confused:

Although I do appreciate my dispatch saying "Clear/Valid" and not tying up the air with "no wants, no warrants, no record NCIC". :D

towncop
02-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Some of you guys need to relax. What's the big deal with telling someone what NCIC stands for? :rolleyes: