PDA

View Full Version : Do i have a chance?? NY state trooper?

xncnc
12-31-2005, 11:17 PM
deleted for stupid question

SgtScott31
01-01-2006, 12:45 AM
lol, just out of curiosity, what is average childhood crime?

xncnc
01-01-2006, 01:05 AM
shoplifting... grafitti... cant think of anything else atm :confused:

irishlad2nv
01-01-2006, 02:39 AM
shoplifting... grafitti... cant think of anything else atm :confused:
You are asking questions that commonly get referred to as "Crystal ball" questions. What this means is that we , well LE do not have all the answers for you as since you have no endulged all of your info, such as your "childhood crimes" or background. If you feel you meet the minimum requirements to apply, then do so and see where you get in the process. If you completet the process and get hired, guess what? You answered your own questions.

RGratton
01-01-2006, 03:30 AM
You are a little sparse on the details. I don

xncnc
01-01-2006, 03:51 PM
How does the 'nys service exam / applying to seperate counties' differ from the general trooper process? I thought if you wanted to become an officer for the state of NY you could only become by way of the trooper exam?

Also is it possible to transfer from NYPD to a State trooper? How is the process for this like?

Thanks

RGratton
01-01-2006, 04:47 PM
The NYSP exam to be a trooper and the exam put out by the New York State Department of Civil Service are different. The only way to become a trooper is to take the NYSP exam, which is usually offered every 3 or 4 years. However, the Department of Civil Service puts out an exam at least once a year. Most cities and counties generate their own list from the Civil Service exam put out by the state. The villages, towns, cities, and counties then pull people from these lists to test further for positions within their department.

Since most places use this exam (with the exception of NYC and NYSP), you would sit once for the test and you can