PDA

View Full Version : Pamela Anderson Has Hep C

SGT Dave
03-21-2002, 11:38 AM
Anyone still want know her, Biblically speaking???? :D

I'd like to again go on record as saying Alexandra Paul was my fav on Baywatch...and now she's far safer also!

Ladies, tell me again how cool it is to have a "bad boy"? (She alleges she got it from Tommy Lee.) Ahhhhhh, those bad boys...

It's hard for me to find pity right now.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,48416,00.html

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]

Evnings
03-21-2002, 12:12 PM
The frequency of Hep C being spread sexually is extremely low. It is usually spread blood to blood, sharing needles, etc.

I know, I have had Hep C. I got it when I was bit by a person I was trying to arrest.

Fortunately, I am one of the small minority that was able to develop the anti bodies for the disease and no longer have it.

I cannot donate blood because I have the anti bodies. Also, in all the years that my wife and I have been intimate, she hasn't got the disease either.

BTW, police officers have a very high incidence of Hep C as do other emergency workers. Hep C is not the immoral disease that it is made out to be. It does not mean that you are unclean or do things that you shouldn't be doing. It doesn't mean that you are a " bad boy".

If by some stroke of luck, I was able to get a kitchen pass, I wouldn't do it with Pamela Anderson, she just hasn't ever done anything for me. Now Angelina Jolie, thats another story.
:rolleyes:

[ 03-21-2002: Message edited by: Evnings ]

TexReserve
03-21-2002, 01:49 PM
My feelings on this are that if she was STUPID enough to share a needle that anybody had previously used for a tattoo, then she deserves what she got.

I got my first tattoo about a month ago, and I watched as the artist opened up a BRAND NEW needle that was sealed in a package. He changed gloves four times during the procedure, and after the procedure, he broke the needle in front of me and disposed of it in a sharps container. I wasn't worried too much about Hep. C from my tattoo, and was impressed with the precautions taken by the artist. Everything he touched was done with him wearing gloves, and every tool he used from spray bottles to tattoo machine itself was covered in disposable plastic bag.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :)

Joseph
03-21-2002, 02:15 PM
TexReserve I was just wondering what about the ink they use does it come from a common well or is it in seperate sealed containers.

jellybean40
03-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Joseph:
<STRONG>TexReserve I was just wondering what about the ink they use does it come from a common well or is it in seperate sealed containers.</STRONG>

The place i go to takes the ink bottles and squeezes them into little plastic (disposable) "pallets," kind of like what an artist-type painter would use. With a little well for each color.

Niteshift
03-21-2002, 04:32 PM
There are other ways besides needles. Why are we assuming that one was involved.

Actually, science isn't certain how easily it can be spread. Some studies suggest it can be spread by sharing a toothbrush or razor. One European study even suggested that if someone was walking through the brush, got their arm scrapped and the next person did the same, it could transfer.

What they do know is how little they know. They're not sure how it transfers, can't cure it and can't pin down all of the effects.

Despite the fact that this disease is contracted by thousands every year, many people don't even know about it. Are you all aware that they are up to naming Hep G now???

It's a serious issue and regardless of who she hung out with or married, I'm sorry that she has to go through it. The uncertainty of the disease is one of the worst parts.

Evnings, I'm glad you developed the antibodies. You are one of the extremely rare ones. Most people don't have your luck and immunce system.

jellybean40
03-21-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Niteshift:
<STRONG>There are other ways besides needles. Why are we assuming that one was involved.
</STRONG>

In the article, she says she got if from sharing a tattoo needle with Tommy...but i'm sure there's not proof, just like if someone gets HIV. i cant believe a tattoo artist would even let them share one...unreal. unless they were doing it themselves :rolleyes:

BrickCop
03-22-2002, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry to hear she has it but she needs to blame herself, not her dirtbag ex. She engages in high risk behavior and then bitches he never told her he (allegedly) had Hep C.

Now she's married to "Kid Rock" who showed up at the Grammy awards with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his back pocket. I'm glad to see she smartened up after Tommy Lee. :rolleyes: This marriage is doomed as her husband lost a drinking buddy since she should not consume any alcohol.

jarhead6073
03-22-2002, 12:58 AM
Two words. Salma Hayek. 'nuff said. lol

Niteshift
03-22-2002, 03:01 AM
"In the article, she says she got if from sharing a tattoo needle with Tommy...but i'm sure there's not proof"

Exactly. It's her guess. Did he have it then? Was it transferred then? Did she have it before then? Did SHE infect him?

There are almost no symptoms of Hep C for quite a while. She could have just as easily infected him.

klar
03-22-2002, 03:12 AM
I bet she is just mad that she has somehow contracted this disease and wants to place the blame for it somewhere else because lord knows she is a perfect angel that would not do any......HEEE hee hee hee haa haa haa haa haa haa ..... sorry I could not retain a straight face as I said that. I guess it is too hard for her to look at her own lifestyle and thik well maybe I did something back when that got me exposed to it. But as most people in society today you can not look or take the blame yourself you have to find someone else to blame that way you can stay in denial and continue your lifestyle with no regards to what you are doing.

Klar

jellybean40
03-22-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by BRICKCOP:
<STRONG>
Now she's married to "Kid Rock" who showed up at the Grammy awards with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his back pocket.</STRONG>

He's grose. there are alot of good-looking, sexy rockers, and he aint one of them! ugh. his hair looks dirty...his teeth look dirty...he's just NASTY. i'm sure he'll drink her share of the liquor, too.

capt. magneto
03-22-2002, 07:02 AM
well i'm glad to see all of you taking this so light and finding humor. well i cant concentrate on my work here. i must go now. i have to get tested at the health dept. that lying tramp pam never told me when we were together. how will i tell the family. man i never should have called that pager number in the restroom stall. and to think she sounded so innocent over the pay phone....... my dog will not respect me. thanks sgt. dave for making my day.

klar
03-22-2002, 07:06 AM
LOL well I guess your dog will just have to laugh at you too LOL Hmmm what to tell the family? You can tell them you caught it down at that asian food mart you were handling tainted lettuce and did not know it...yeah YEAH that may work give it a try. LOL

Klar

SGT Dave
03-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Posted by capt. magneto:

well i'm glad to see all of you taking this so light and finding humor. well i cant concentrate on my work here. i must go now. i have to get tested at the health dept. that lying tramp pam never told me when we were together. how will i tell the family. man i never should have called that pager number in the restroom stall. and to think she sounded so innocent over the pay phone....... my dog will not respect me. thanks sgt. dave for making my day.

Is that how you threw your back out? :D

And that's NOT why your dog doesn't respect you...remember all those "dry spells"? :eek:

[ 03-22-2002: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]

TexReserve
03-22-2002, 02:03 PM
I think I read in yesterday's Dallas Morning News somewhere that Tommy Lee said he has been tested and he DOES NOT HAVE Hep. C. So, if that is true, Pamela will have to come up with another dog to kick around.

[ 03-22-2002: Message edited by: TexReserve ]

SpecOpsWarrior
03-22-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Dave:
<STRONG>Pamela Anderson Has Hep C</STRONG>

This really does not concern me in the least. I always thought she was kind of scuzzy.

Now if you said Halle Berry had Hep C, I would be running to my doctor's office to get tested! :D :D :D :D

[ 03-22-2002: Message edited by: SpecOpsWarrior ]

occiferdave
03-22-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by SpecOpsWarrior:
<STRONG>
Now if you said Halle Berry had Hep C, I would be running to my doctor's office to get tested! :D :D :D :D
[ 03-22-2002: Message edited by: SpecOpsWarrior ]</STRONG>

Ms Barry is too busy running from scenes of accidents to be getting tats. :)

klar
03-25-2002, 07:14 AM
LOL yes if it is true and Tommy does not have it then I wonder who she is gonna blame as it was a ploy to use against him to make her look like a better mommy for the kids. I say leave the kids with Tommy as he is not out trying to make headlines and is trying to keep a low profile it seems.

Klar

BeatleFan
03-26-2002, 04:46 PM
As a person with a sister and a brother-in-law who both have Hep C, I take umbrage to Ms. Lee's use of this horrible disease to further her cause in an unfair fight for child custody. What a low-down, despicable person.

Yes, both my sister and bro-in-law got the disease from IV drug use, but the disease is very real and very frightening. My sister has been in a hepatic coma once (protein by-products, which are normally filtered by the liver, build up in the blood and literally poison you). In addition, she has had a liver transplant and since then has had one rejection crisis. She will be on anti-rejection meds for the rest of her life, but she is doing well and I and my family are ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO HER DONOR'S FAMILY for their generosity at such a horrible time. BTW--My sister last used IV drugs over 20 years ago.

My bother-in-law, who is married to a different sister, has been a lifetime addict until about 25 years ago. He is now having his transplant work-up near my home, but it doesn't look good. He has multiple health issues that I fear will keep him from being a candidate.

All that having been said, according to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida; Hep C can be transmitted by direct contact with blood, including sharing of IV needles, cocaine "straws", blade-type razors and yes, toothbrushes. It can also be transmitted by large amounts of vomit coming into contact with mucous membranes or eyes, as well as unprotected sexual intercourse.

One more thing and then I'll shut up...Yes, my sister was a freaking moron for using IV drugs and getting herself into a horrible situation. Now she's clean for a very long time and has three grown children and two grandchildren, one of them only 6 months old. Is she a scum-bag junkie for screwing up her life? Did she not deserve her liver transplant because of her past stupidity? I'm not asking these questions because I want an argument, I would just like to get some honest feedback and perhaps help others to see the plight of a Hep C patient through the eyes of a woman who loves her sister very much and has come very close to losing her.

[ 03-26-2002: Message edited by: BeatleFan ]

BrickCop
03-26-2002, 09:32 PM
I think some of the disdain for Pamela Anderson-Lee-Anderson is probably because she tells us every sordid detail of her f-ups but doesn't seem to learn from them.

Honestly? Yeah there is a difference, your sister learned from her past mistakes, she should be proud of herself. Pamela is a public figure who just doesn't have a clue. That being said, I hope anyone afflicted with Hep C will lead a long and healthy life.

SpecOpsWarrior
03-26-2002, 09:51 PM
Everybody needs a chance to redeem themselves every know and then. We have all done things we aren't proud of. The key to life is learning and living and moving on. Your sister cleaned up and moved on, she should have no shame for what she did.

Now for the transplant issue, yes she deserved a transplant, and I am glad that she is doing well.

BeatleFan
03-29-2002, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the honest responses. I'm going to see my sister today (she lives about 2 hours away). 'Tis the last day of Spring Break for my Not-So-Little-One (5'3", 115 lb. at age 11) so we are going to go down and visit and celebrate her Birthday with her. She is 49...I never thought I would see her make it this long.

She is doing remarkably well with her illness, although the Hep C has returned since the transplant. It can now be treated with Interferon, whereas it could not be treated before because her old liver was shot and giving her Interferon would have killed her, pre-transplant. The Interferon and it's variants really kicks her @ss, but the lab at says her liver enzymes are returning to normal, which means she is responding. (Yes, Hep C can return post-transplant.) What a strong woman she is. She has survived child abuse, teenage pregnancy, THREE abusive husbands (yes, I know...she kept going back :rolleyes: ), drug and alcohol addiction, being raped, spinal injury, crushing poverty and has been...surprise, surprise...mentally ill with Bi-Polar disorder all her life. And we won't even mention the last time a man hit her...let's just say she turned into a tiger and cleaned his clock. I don't condone violence, but this M*****F***** had it coming.

I have three older sisters, two of them who are highly educated, but she is the one I look up to. She is a True Survivor and my Very Brave Big Sister.

sandie
03-31-2002, 12:36 AM
ok Ive been debating whether to post here, but I figure what the hay, heres my opinion.
First let me state, Pam and Tommy Lee are two people that really never impressed me too much, in fact they BOTH disgust me. Secondly, how do we realllly know Tommy is telling the truth. I really do not care what their situation is. If shes sick hope and pray she is able to get the medical treatment needed for the sake of her children and other loved ones. Is is not our place to judge her, or Tommy, or heck even Kid Rock that I have seen mentioned. It's really none of our business, but I must say it took courage to publically come out with a health issue that serious. Whether she is lying or not, who cares!? SHES the one who has to live with it, and SHES the one who has to face the consequences come judgment day. What happens in her life, and to her in life is HER business. If shes telling the truth good for her, if he is good for him....just as long as they ALL know...what comes around goes around!!

Legal Assistant
03-31-2002, 10:44 PM
is she really MARRIED to kid rock??? i mean, i knew they were dating...but have they gotten married now??? geez...i give it 2 months tops.