PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement Lesson Plans

TrainingCpl
06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Does anyone out there know of a resource online or otherwise where there are Law Enforcement specific lesson plans to be used? I'm currently working on a lesson plan for my dept dealing with person searches (pat downs) and having trouble finding any input outside MCSD. Im open to any ideas! :)

spetactical.com
06-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I do not know of any online resources. I would recommend contacting your state LEO training center or the training center of another large agency in your state. I am sure that they have something and there is no reason to reinvent the wheel.

I speak on search and seizure here in Florida at conferences etc. Much of it is US Sct precedents but there are some Florida cases included. This is why you should focus on exchanging search and seizure resources with people in your own state.

Just a suggestion. Send me an e-mail if you want some more info etc.

Smokin Joe
06-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Are you looking for a lesson plan template or a specific type of lesson plan dealing with your target subject?

I have templates...but not on the subject that you are doing your class on.

TPM
06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
www.aslet.org American Society Law Enforcement Trainers

www.ileeta.org International Law Enforcement Educators Trainers Association

jerrymaccauley
06-14-2005, 10:24 AM
I agree that ILEETA.ORG is a great resource. If you are a trainer, you owe it to yourself to join. They not only provide lesson plans, but have a bunch of power point presentations that can be downloaded for your use. Also National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA.ORG) is a great resource,. They have patrol, swat and CNT sections that are cutting edge.

TPM
06-14-2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.nemrt.com North East Multi Regional Training

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HLInstructors/ LE High Liability Instructors from Florida

www.fletc.gov Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Glyenco, Georgia

TrainingCpl
06-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Thank you all for the ideas and web site info! I dont know why I didnt think about ILEETA having a web site, DOH!