PDA

View Full Version : Two Dead in Shooting at LAX Airport

Mike Tx
07-04-2002, 03:30 PM
LOS ANGELES

Mike Tx
07-04-2002, 05:36 PM
The mayor, the chief of police, and the fbi, are all on tv lying about this right now. If I had been the shooter, no time would be wasted in reporting a white male had "done it".

They won't say what the race of the shooter was. They do keep saying there is no reason to believe the was a terror related attack.

This re-affirms my opinion that the gun free zone if the most unsafe place in America, and that all politicians should be eliminated.

I say it was a middle eastern male aded 19 - 45. We'll see.

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

Mike Tx
07-04-2002, 05:41 PM
Mayor Han says there are too many guns in America. You all know what I say.

HNDLC3
07-04-2002, 05:46 PM
It's not a good day to live in the LA area...

A small plane crashed in San Dimas (about 25-30 miles east of LA, in LA County). This happened at crowded Bonelli Park. I think they are saying about 6 dead with 16 wounded. Witnesses report that they believe that the pilot was having problems with the plane and it doesn't appear to be intentional. I'm at work now and I'm expecting it to get busy. Everyone have a safe 4th of July.

Godside
07-04-2002, 06:02 PM
HNDLC3,

At this point, it is actually one dead and at least 10 are injured, including 2 children. This is one sad Forth. Today as I watch the fireworks, I will not only remember those who died for our freedom, but I will remember those who have lost their lives today. My prayers are with the families and friends of those who died today. My prayers are also with those who are working these events.

Mike, one of those interviewed (A french businessman) noted that the person seemed to be of "Middle eastern Race" but that he could not be sure exactly. We'll see. I personally believe that this is not what they are saying it is.... isolated.

Those who are working, be safe. Those who are not working, be safe. God bless.

Godside

Mike Tx
07-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Thanks Godside, but my point was media bias.

jellybean40
07-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Right now they seem to be basing their beliefs on the fact that IF it were some kind of planned act of terrorism it would be MUCH bigger. but no one can say yet anyway, it's too soon. is it a terrorist nut or just a regular nut??

SGT Dave
07-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that given:

*9/11
*the war in Afganistan
*the known threats that we would be hit again
*the warnings from the FBI that today was a the day for a big incident
*that they were in one of the busiest, largest airports in the country

that anyone who can still be quoted as saying "I thought it was just a prank" HAS THEIR HEAD UP THEIR AZZ TO THE SHOULDERS???????

I am sickened to read this in regular news stories when something happenes in any city-that anyone is so naive as to think gunshots are firecrackers but still, everytime..."We thought it was an act or something... "

Duh-huh...

No wonder we're such easy targets. :(

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]

CinaC
07-04-2002, 09:32 PM
This re-affirms my opinion that the gun free zone if the most unsafe place in America, and that all politicians should be eliminated.

Why? El-Al security was on hand, with guns. The outcome still would have been the same if Joe Blow had been armed and drawn his weapon when the suspect opened fire.

Right now they seem to be basing their beliefs on the fact that IF it were some kind of planned act of terrorism it would be MUCH bigger. but no one can say yet anyway, it's too soon. is it a terrorist nut or just a regular nut??

It's not a terrorist attack. At least, not by "Al Queda" (or other). For one thing, if it was one of those, they'd probably have walked in strapped with dynamite.

It's just a regular nut who happens to be middle eastern.

Mike, one thing I've noted on the news (or at least the local news) is they always give the race of the subject: "a black male", "a hispanic male", "a middle eastern male" ... unless the suspect is white, in which case its usually just "a male" ... :rolleyes:

ZalmanEmmes
07-04-2002, 10:10 PM
Firstly, MikeTX is right to comment on the lack of identification of the "gunman" at LAX. Usually media agencies are quick to get a name and photo up on the screen. I have scanned all the major news websites and none give the country of origin of the "gunman".

Secondly, Crazyinajeep...I respectfully think you are very wrong indeed to say that this situation would have ended up the same if any "joe blow" was carrying a weapon there. It just so happens that El Al security personnel are 1) ex military, 2) are trained by the Shin Bet/Shabak the Israeli General Security Service and 3) have more often than not experienced many times over real terror attacks previously.

I get very concerned at the general misconception that you go buy a gun and that alone qualifies you as being trained in close quarter battle techniques, firing under fire and stress and keeping a cool head in a crazy situation.

IMHO, any "joe blow" reacting to such a situation versus an experienced and highly trained government level security guard can bring two very distinct end results. ( I believe one report on MSNBC.com states that the head of El Al security was the security officer involved). Thank G-d the person responding to this attack was well trained and wasnt just any "Joe Blow"

CinaC
07-04-2002, 10:12 PM
IMHO, any "joe blow" reacting to such a situation versus an experienced and highly trained government level security guard can bring two very distinct end results. ( I believe one report on MSNBC.com states that the head of El Al security was the security officer involved). Thank G-d the person responding to this attack was well trained and wasnt just any "Joe Blow"

Sorry. I should have been more clear, but my point was that guys with guns were on the scene, and thus it being a "gun free" zone really had no impact on the end result. Yes?

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

ZalmanEmmes
07-04-2002, 10:43 PM
Crazyinajeep....I'm with you now. ;)

CinaC
07-04-2002, 10:50 PM
Family members identified the male victim as 46-year-old Yakov Aminov, of Los Angeles. He died in surgery as a result of his wounds.

From CNN.com. He's got a name.

Bill R
07-04-2002, 11:00 PM
I hope they're not referring to the shooter as a "Victim".

ZalmanEmmes
07-04-2002, 11:06 PM
crazyinajeep this is not the name of the gunman but a male victim seeing off family members. I was referring to the identity or country of origin of the attacker, not any of the victims. FYI, Yakov is Hebrew for Jacob and this victims family name is also very Israeli.

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: ZalmanEmmes ]

Sig220Man
07-04-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Crazy in a Jeep:
<STRONG>"Family members identified the male victim as 46-year-old Yakov Aminov, of Los Angeles. He died in surgery as a result of his wounds." From CNN.com. He's got a name.</STRONG>

Yakov was actually one of the victims. As far as I can find the shooter hasn't been ID'd yet.

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Sig220Man ]

CinaC
07-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Argh. That's a case of reading at 10 mph and cutting and pasting at 50 mph :)

"A law enforcement source said police have tentatively identified the shooter, described by Los Angeles police as a 52-year-old man. But the source said further checks were being made to ensure the gunman was not carrying false identification."

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Niteshift
07-05-2002, 12:07 AM
"It's not a terrorist attack. At least, not by "Al Queda" (or other). For one thing, if it was one of those, they'd probably have walked in strapped with dynamite.

It's just a regular nut who happens to be middle eastern."

The FBI should put you in charge. You already have all the answers. :rolleyes:

It's way too early to be certain if it was connected to anything.

They're not saying the shooter was arabic, but I'll bet we will find out later he was.

He just happened to pick the Israeli national airline.....right!

The FBI might be saying publicly that it's not a terrorist incident, but Israel is saying it is. To be blunt, I trust Israeli intelligence more than the FBI.

CinaC
07-05-2002, 12:11 AM
The FBI should put you in charge. You already have all the answers.

Well, you're right, I could be wrong. But I think if this was an orchastrated terrorist attack, the guy woulda walked in with a bomb on his chest ... a gun and a knife just seems sort of random.

ZalmanEmmes
07-05-2002, 12:27 AM
I agree with NiteShift that regardless of what the media are fed regarding this attack, it seems highly probable that it is a terror attack. In Israel terror attacks are anything from stabbings, shootings to the all out suicide bombings we sadly hear about all too often. I know that in Israel where Arab Terrorists have much wider access to firearms, explosives and so on, also use other alternatives including stabbings, ramming people at bus stops with their cars and so on.

The most recent cnn.com report indicates that the as yet unidentified gunman (we all wait in suspense to hear his name and place of origin and I am sure all wonder what is the delay of releasing this info) stabbed a senior security officer (seemingly the head of El Al security at LAX) shot an El Al customer service attendant, pistolwhipped another and shot the 46yr old diamond dealer.

Now I wasn't there and can only speculate based on the facts given to the media by witnesses and so on....but it sure sounds unkosher to me!

Niteshift
07-05-2002, 12:31 AM
"But I think if this was an orchastrated terrorist attack, the guy woulda walked in with a bomb on his chest ... a gun and a knife just seems sort of random."

As Zalmann pointed out, even in Palestine, where you could probably by the bomb pre-made on the corner for crying out loud, there are plenty of rifle and pistol based attacks.

Niteshift
07-05-2002, 12:38 AM
This is a great quote:

"Earlier, Israel’s consul general in Los Angeles, Yuval Rotem, said he believed, based on the briefing he received from El Al officials at the airport, that the shooting was done by a terrorist.
When reporters mentioned to Rotem that Hahn and other American officials had called the event “an isolated incident,” Rotem replied “Isolated from what?”

klar
07-05-2002, 12:44 AM
After reading all I could on this icident I feel that it is a attack upon israel in some way. I doubt that it was a attack against us in any way. The small plane that crashed was mechanical error as the pilot called for help twice before crashing. He stated he could not ascend. It is sad that people had to die on this nations birthday but that being what it is makes it a big day for someone to make a name for themselves.

Klar

ZalmanEmmes
07-05-2002, 12:46 AM
For anyone who hears Glenn Beck on the radio (www.glennbeck.com) he has a catchy and amusing section on his show starting with a song" just another isolated incident " and he describes some crazy and real incidents going on with alot of cover up following fast.

This incident stinks and I am amazed (call me naive) at the slow response in statements or updates into the on the scene investigation. Being someone who is visibly and proudly Jewish, I am very concerned at the response to this incident. If it's a vengeance attack...make a statement....if it's a terror attack..make a statement..but say something to appease the public. I am sure many Israelis are rolling their eyes at the fact that it's another attack, but at the same time also shuddering at this lackluster response..WHATEVER THE MOTIVE BEHIND THESE KILLINGS!

txinvestigator1
07-05-2002, 12:50 AM
Just FYI, I heard the 6PM (actually about 6:40 PM)news conference the FBI called, and I heard it live. The media was begging for any type of ID of the shooter, but the agent with the hispanic name would only confirm it was a male.

He would not even confirm that the shooter was shot.

Niteshift
07-05-2002, 12:51 AM
klar,

I'm not saying I think it's a terrorist attack aimed mainly at the US. I'd bet it's aimed almost completely at Israel.........

But I think part of the choice to do it in the US was to rub our nose in our still lax and (relaxing) security, to show it can still easily happen here and to just try to strain US-Israeli relations a little more.

The US wasn't the target, but they were sent a message.

ZalmanEmmes
07-05-2002, 12:51 AM
Klar, don't think that an attack against Israel in one of the main international terminals in the United States aviation industry is "not an attack on us". 9/11 showed us that terror strikes regardless or race, creed or religion and this should serve as a stern and tragic warning to America to stay vigilant and to stay safe. Islamic fundamentalist terror is against anything in its way...America, Israel, moderate Arab leaders and so forth.

Let's not be naive. 9/11 buried any naivety we were allowed to have.

07-05-2002, 01:06 AM
According to the latest release from the AP wire service the FBI is still not releasing the attackers name.
http://wire.ap.org/APnews/?SITE=KMZT&FRONTID=HOME

mChevy_911
07-05-2002, 01:15 AM
O.K.-- Here it is.

For weeks now a radical group of palestinians has been preaching to its members that an attack on the Isrealis should coincide with a strike on America. This is because of President Bush's stance that the Palestinians should back down and talk about peace and be more open to Isreali generated peace proposals.

I wish I had more info on this. Fox News hit on this for a little while today, then I had to go back to work. :confused:
peace is the one condition of survival in this nuclear age.

Adlai Stevenson

Snoopy1
07-05-2002, 02:57 AM
He was an Egyptian citizen, living in Irvine, which is south of LA. They found his car parked at the airport. They know where he lived and are in the process of searching his apartment. Can't remember his name and couldn't spell it if I did.

As to the plane crash, the latest report I saw said two children and the pilot dead. There was a May Day call from the plane but the pilot didn't say what the problem was. One witness thought he was trying to crash land in the lake to avoid hitting people but didn't make it because his wing hit a tree.

Sig220Man
07-05-2002, 03:04 AM
Irvine is not just ANY suburb of LA either...it's one of Orange County's more exclusive neighborhoods, where house prices start at just under half-million dollars and go up from there.

As far as the terrorist angle...El Al says it thinks it's terrorism simply because it's happened before, in other countries. It also admits it has no evidence to back up the theory at this time.

The next few days will be interesting...

klar
07-05-2002, 03:12 AM
I think that you might be right night that it was a attack on israel and at the same time a rub in our face. Face it we have a lot of citizens that walk around armed. I bet some of them even carry inside a airport terminal. I think that incidents like this will continue until more people wake up and realize that this can happen just about anywhere in this nation as well as abroad and until we start to protect ourselves and not rely soley on the LEOs and other law enforcement officers to protect us at all times then we will start to see a more secure society. Now I am not advocating vigilantes to go out and look for potential targets just for some of these sheeple to start paying attention to what is around them and what is going on.

Klar

Bill R
07-05-2002, 09:40 AM
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck. If an Egyptian walks into LAX and starts shooting people at the El Al counter he's probably a terrorist.

Joseph
07-05-2002, 10:43 AM
It's mighty strange like you said Bill that an Egyptian ends up at ElAL. There are a lot of airlines their for him to pick that one.

Don
07-05-2002, 11:17 AM
I heard something on NBC TV News this morning that this attack took place at "about the same time" as another "unspecified incident" in the parking garage. Everyone is keeping this sooo close to their chests, it just HAS to make you wonder what is going on, and what the official thinking (or NONthinking) is!

(edit) One more thing. Anyone who has followed the forums KNOWS that I am not a big fan of the FBI. HOWEVER, I'm not at all sure that I blame them for not going off "half coc*ed" and making statements when they don't have the facts to back up those statements!

We bitch ALL the time about speculation in the media. Perhaps right now, we need to give the feebs the benefit of the doubt, until we know if they deserve it or not. Just a thought. . .

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: Don ]

ZalmanEmmes
07-05-2002, 11:25 AM
Ephraim Sneh, a senior Israeli cabinet official speaking on CNN is saying that this incident will "be treated as a terrorist attack unless proven otherwise". Maybe I am naive or something, but how can the official response on this be so tight lipped to an already nervous public.

For a long time I have been amazed at the freedom and irresponsibility of the media here to report so blatantly on going investigatons and terror attacks. The fact that on the day of 9/11 they were tracking where the President and Vice President were....and publicly reporting it was the tip of a very large iceberg. The government has to sort its relationship out with the media.

In Israel this would be reported as yet another terror attack (they may have terror fatigue there....but they still take heed of every warning) and people would go about their business, albeit in a more vigilant manner.

It concerns me that America seems so bewildered with dealing effectively, or as effectively as possible with the affects of terror from within.

All I can say is G-d bless America!

(edit) Don, I understand where you are coming from with regards to giving the FBI and others the benefit of the doubt and breathing space here, however I strongly feel that the reason why this incident is seemingly being dealt with in such a drawn out manner is part of the core problem of how terror has been, is and will be treated....unless some fundamental changes and lessons are learnt and adopted. For the feds to be so media friendly and not be able to come up with some kind of a statement to pacify criticism and curiosity strikes me as being rather odd. And this makes no sense in the light of 9/11 and the other facts revealed to us since then. This is a new America.....let's treat it like that.

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: ZalmanEmmes ]

BrickCop
07-05-2002, 12:13 PM
At the risk of stating what's already been posted...........

You have:

1. An Arab/Egyptian National

2. Picks an Israeli Airline

3. Does it on on the 4th of July.

I'm with Israel, it is not unreasonable to assume it's terrorism.

To those who disagree-

I have a question, if he was acting alone was he a "nut" or a terrorist?

How many nuts does it take to make it terrorism? 2,5...more?

If he was acting alone was it a "hate crime"?

As posted earlier, if it walks like a duck.........

jarhead6073
07-05-2002, 12:26 PM
From the NY Times... More, with picture even (http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/05/national/05CND-LAX.html)

``We've never said it's not terrorism,'' FBI spokesman Matt McLaughlin said. ``We can't rule that out, but there's nothing to indicate terrorism at this point.''

McLaughlin also suggested it might be a hate crime.

Israeli officials said they would consider the shooting a terror attack until proven otherwise.

The shooter was identified as Hesham Mohamed Hadayet, a 41-year-old limousine driver who listed July 4 as his birthday on one of two driver's licenses"

And he had two drivers licneses with different information why?

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: jarhead6073 ]

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: jarhead6073 ]

DesertRat
07-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Don:
<STRONG>
(edit) One more thing. Anyone who has followed the forums KNOWS that I am not a big fan of the FBI. HOWEVER, I'm not at all sure that I blame them for not going off "half coc*ed" and making statements when they don't have the facts to back up those statements!

We bitch ALL the time about speculation in the media. Perhaps right now, we need to give the feebs the benefit of the doubt, until we know if they deserve it or not. Just a thought. . .

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: Don ]</STRONG>

I goota second Don on this one. I was doing some work with the TV on yesterday and there was one of the news channels with 4 guys talking about this incident. None of them had any more information about this than this thread has had. By the end of the hour, there conversation had changed such that someone just tuning in would have thought they had tuned into a roundtable discussion of witnesses and the security people that had taken the ********* out. In this day and age more than ever, we need to make sure the media has as accurate and non-misquotable information as possible.

Of course, my opinion of journalist has always ranked right up there with terrorist and pedophiles sooooooooo my opinion may be biased. ;)

Mike Tx
07-05-2002, 02:53 PM
The FBI is still saying they have no evidence it was "terrorism" and the Israelis are still saying it was terrorism. The terrorist family is reportedly visiting in Eygpt, safely out of this country.

This guy fits the profile of a terrorist real good, even down to the age group.

Snoopy1
07-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Someone on TV was saying it could have been just another hate crime. I'm not sure what the difference is between "hate crime" and "terrorism" except in these times "terrorism" seems to be applied to acts of violence against our country rather than a specific group so terrorists kill more people. Regardles of who the victims are or who commits the act, they deserve the same punishment they dish out to others.

retired
07-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Don,

Originally posted by Don:
<STRONG>I heard something on NBC TV News this morning that this attack took place at "about the same time" as another "unspecified incident" in the parking garage. Everyone is keeping this sooo close to their chests, it just HAS to make you wonder what is going on, and what the official thinking (or NONthinking) is!

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: Don ]</STRONG>

Quite frankly, you and I probably feel the same about the feds, particularly the FBI,(a low opinion), but since this appears to me like a guy gone postal(at this time), just why is the FBI even involved? LAX is a municipal airport, and the crime at this time is 187(murder), a state violation! So it should be an LAPD handle. Yet the goofy news media is calling the FBI the lead agency, and the even goofier FBI believes it

Now I am already aware that there are some if not many on the board who will adamently disagree with me, but I see this as another example of federal encroachment. Shootings like this happen every day in L.A., so should the FBI handle all the other cases as well.

I would like to see the day when local agencies will stand up and tell the feds to take a walk!!! :mad: We need to return to local control.

There, I've said it and I am glad :D

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: retired ]

Mike Tx
07-05-2002, 08:24 PM
I just saw the mayor of LA give a speech about what happened. He thanked everyone and praised them to no end. He thanked the FBI, the LAPD, the so called airport security. He thnaked everyone except EL-AL who actually stopped the killer before he could take out more people than he did.

Apparently I am just to stupid to fathom politicians and how they work.

retired
07-05-2002, 09:46 PM
Mike,

Originally posted by MikeTx:
<STRONG>I just saw the mayor of LA give a speech about what happened. He thanked everyone and praised them to no end. He thanked the FBI, the LAPD, the so called airport security. He thnaked everyone except EL-AL who actually stopped the killer before he could take out more people than he did.

Apparently I am just to stupid to fathom politicians and how they work.</STRONG>

I am no fan of Hahn, nor was I of his father. But I believe he was thanking them for the manner in which they responded to the incident. The bottom line is they(LAPD) respond to all shootings in a timely and effective manner, not just this one.

I am not too complimentary of the airport police, because in most critical situations, they stand back and call the LAPD because they don't know how to handle the incident.

The airport police are similiar to many, many other agencies in California that have had peace officer status conferred on them, and very little of what they do compares to what a municipal or Sheriff's department does on a regular basis in California.

Mike Tx
07-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I think that's right, but I still think EL-AL saved his butt. What would it have hurt to say, "And thanks to them for being alert, blah blah...?"

Bill R
07-06-2002, 05:14 PM
It did seem Hahn was busy patting himself on the back and ignoring the ElAl guys who actually stopped the Terrorist/Hate Criminal.Typical politician, he could not get any credit for what ElAl did
:rolleyes:

ZalmanEmmes
07-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Some of you may be interested to read the Israeli perspective, as well as photographs and short bios on the two victims of the attack on the LAX El Al counter on Independence Day last week.
:( www.jpost.com

Niteshift
07-07-2002, 05:16 PM
So I was reading in the paper today that INS had begun deportation proceedings on him, but his wife obtained a green card, so he was allowed to stay and get his.

Another odd thing........the AP mentioned the "45 caliber Glock" and "a 9mm handgun".
Wonder what their motives were for specifying the make of the Glock, but not the other?

Mike Tx
07-07-2002, 05:18 PM
Glocks are guns that can go through airport security without being detected. Or so they want the sheep to think...

CinaC
07-07-2002, 05:22 PM
Or maybe they know one was a .45 Glock, and they know the other was a 9mm, but don't know what manufacturer it was. Er, could it be that the Glock was the El-Al issued weapon? Or were these the two weapons the gunman had? Maybe they were both Glocks and the reporter should have said "a .45 and a 9mm Glock."

CinaC
07-07-2002, 05:31 PM
Or, maybe they specified the Glock because it was the one used to actually kill those two people.

This is from CNN.com:

The FBI said Hadayet had in his possession a .45-caliber handgun, which he used in the shooting, and a 9-mm handgun, along with a 6-inch knife and extra ammunition and magazines for the guns.

Mike Tx
07-07-2002, 05:44 PM
No, I am right and you are wrong. :D

But considering media bias, I would believe they are just biased against Glocks because many cops have them.

JRT6
07-08-2002, 12:15 AM
If the LAX is a "gun free zone" then why did the BG have one?

Dave Grossman quotes a fact at his seminars that the reason you see so many bomb attacks in Israel as opposed to shooting attacks is because the rampage shooter can expect to live about TWO SECONDS after firing his first shot. This is due to all the return fire from Isreali citizens.

Crazy in a Jeep,
Don't take offense but I think you'd be much happier being a social worker than a future cop. ;)

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: JRT6 ]

retired
07-08-2002, 10:57 AM
JRT6,

Originally posted by JRT6:
<STRONG>If the LAX is a "gun free zone" then why did the BG have one?

Dave Grossman quotes a fact at his seminars that the reason you see so many bomb attacks in Israel as opposed to shooting attacks is because the rampage shooter can expect to live about TWO SECONDS after firing his first shot. This is do to all the return fire from Isreali citizens.

Crazy in a Jeep,
Don't take offense but I think you'd be much happier being a social worker than a future cop. ;)</STRONG>

They may call LAX a "gun free zone", but many of the airport shuttle drivers carry handguns for protection. They deliever passengers to some pretty nasty areas, thus they feel the need to carry handguns.

werebear
07-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Interesting article by Jack Dunphy LAPD:
http://www.nationalreview.com/dunphy/dunphy070802.asp

"We should mourn those who were killed in the attack and pray for the speedy recovery of the wounded, but we can be thankful that for Mr. Hadayet justice was swift, sure, and final. I suspect that by now he has discovered that the hereafter will not measure up to his golden expectations."

ZalmanEmmes
07-08-2002, 03:05 PM
Well written piece which shows the media and federal circus in trying to give over their respective views of this terror attack on American soil against American citizens.

I am still amazed at the nonchalant approach and official opinion to this attack which is hanging in the air as being a criminal attack.

When is a terrorist attack a terrorist attack? :mad:

CinaC
07-08-2002, 03:48 PM
If the LAX is a "gun free zone" then why did the BG have one?

Because LAX has lax enforcement? Hah. A pun.

Dave Grossman quotes a fact at his seminars that the reason you see so many bomb attacks in Israel as opposed to shooting attacks is because the rampage shooter can expect to live about TWO SECONDS after firing his first shot. This is due to all the return fire from Isreali citizens.

If this is in response to what I think it is, the only comment I made was that if it was not a gun-free zone, the outcome *still* would not have been any better then it was due to the El-Al security. It very well may have been worse.

Crazy in a Jeep,
Don't take offense but I think you'd be much happier being a social worker than a future cop.

Do you mean "future cop" like Jean Claude Van Damme in 'Timecop'? That would be a lot more fun then social work. Or "present cop" ...

retired
07-08-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ZalmanEmmes:
<STRONG>Well written piece which shows the media and federal circus in trying to give over their respective views of this terror attack on American soil against American citizens.

I am still amazed at the nonchalant approach and official opinion to this attack which is hanging in the air as being a criminal attack.

When is a terrorist attack a terrorist attack? :mad:</STRONG>

I guess for this incident to qualify as a terrorist attack, one has to determine the definition of terrorist as opposed to a plain ordinary criminal act.

I see it as an ordinary criminal act until I have additional info to suggest it was a single terrorist with two handguns.

Retired

Mike Tx
07-08-2002, 09:57 PM
"When is a terrorist attack a terrorist attack?"

When they tell us it is.