PDA

View Full Version : Best SWAT Teams in the U.S.??

Marine_Infantry
02-02-2004, 02:08 AM
A Discussion: In your opinions/experience what are the best SWAT/SRT/Tactical Teams in the USA based on reputation,experience,training,etc.??

Here's My choices (in no patricular order)

1.LAPD SWAT
2.Las Vegas Metro SWAT
3.U.S. Border Patrol BORTAC
4.NYPD Emergency Service Unit
5.LASD SED (Special Enforcement Detail)
6.U.S Marshals Service SOG (Special Operations Group)
7.State Dept. DSS Mobile Security Div.
8.Metro-Dade SRT (Special Response Team)
9.FBI Hostage Rescue Team
10.Washington DC Metro ERT (Emergency Response Team)

Honorable Mention: Counter-Sniper Team of UD USSS

ghostsix
02-02-2004, 07:45 AM
I was not aware that the FBI redeemed their reputation.
I would not list them.
There were real operators in RVN. i know because I was there.

Frank Booth
02-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Lt. Calley's "SWAT" team did a heck of a job kicking *** and taking names in RVN.

retdetsgt
02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
It's easy to be good when you don't have to sweat collateral damage. The war's over, ya know.

Glencoe304
02-02-2004, 04:45 PM
"Best" SWAT team, I can think of about 4oo teams you left out. My vote is for every team that have saved a life, or solved a problem without use of deadly force. As a former Ranger let me assure you ANYBODY can blast in and kill verything in a room. It takes a special group of men/women that only shoot with no other option under that much preasure.

squad51
02-02-2004, 06:38 PM
and RVN would be>>??

retdetsgt
02-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by squad51
and RVN would be>>??

Republic of Vietnam.... Something from a long, long time ago...

Chief Wiggum
02-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Who cares?

retdetsgt
02-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
Who cares?

That's exactly the point I was trying to make too, Chief!

JB2245
02-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Marine_Infantry
A Discussion: In your opinions/experience what are the best SWAT/SRT/Tactical Teams in the USA based on reputation,experience,training,etc.??

Here's My choices (in no patricular order)

1.LAPD SWAT
2.Las Vegas Metro SWAT
3.U.S. Border Patrol BORTAC
4.NYPD Emergency Service Unit
5.LASD SED (Special Enforcement Detail)
6.U.S Marshals Service SOG (Special Operations Group)
7.State Dept. DSS Mobile Security Div.
8.Metro-Dade SRT (Special Response Team)
9.FBI Hostage Rescue Team
10.Washington DC Metro ERT (Emergency Response Team)

Honorable Mention: Counter-Sniper Team of UD USSS

And how did you come to your opinion on this list?

Dayshifter
02-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Here is how they rated at the SWAT Roundup in November.

Final Team Scores
S.W.A.T. Roundup November 2003
21st Anniversary
Team Name Total Score Team Name Total Score
Orange County SO Stripe 398
Orange County SO Stars 386
Lakeland PD Blue 359
Los Angeles PD 351
San Antonio PD 340
Delray Beach PD 338
Gwinnett County PD 337
Indian River County SO 335
Orlando PD Black 333
Stockholm County Police 331
Boca Raton PD Blue 329
Jacksonville Sheriff's Offi 322
Dallas PD 319
Lakeland PD Red 318
GSG9 (Germany) 311
Hungarian PAKS Police 298
Kennedy Space Center 297
Orlando PD Gold 286
Lake County SO 285
Winter Park PD 278
FCC Butner - Gold 261
Leesburg PD 259
West Palm Beach PD 256
FCC Allenwood - Alpha 253
FCC Allenwood - Bravo 244
Tallahassee PD 244
Collier County SO 244
Osceola County SO 240
Cape Coral PD 237
Manatee County SO - Gol 236
Davie PD - Blue 220
Pinellas Park PD 220
Boca Raton PD Red 216
Clearwater PD 215
Bavarian SWAT Team - G 209
Leon County SO 208
Coral Gables PD 208
Palm Beach County SO 206
Kissimmee PD 204
Pinellas County Sheriff's 201
Charleston PD 199
Bradenton PD 199
Alachua County SO 199
Middlesex County SO 198
Gainesville PD 190
Naples PD 190
Port St. Lucie PD 179
Brevard County SO 177
FCC Butner - Black 171
St. Petersburg PD Red 166
Pasco County SO 164
U.S. Capitol PD 162
Maitland PD 161
Carmel PD 161
Marietta PD 158
Neenah PD 149
Orange Co Corrections 141
Manatee County SO - Gre 123
Davie PD - Red 122
Berkshire County SRT 121
U.S. Penitentiary Lewisbu 120
Florence PD - Gold 118
Hungarian Police Training 117
Hernando County SO 116
Hammond PD 114
Hungarian Police Academ 109
Canton Police - Sarajevo 107
Pensacola PD 100
Florence PD - Blue 97
New Hampshire Seacoast 90
Sherbrooke PD - Quebec 81
Sanford PD - Gold 80
Ulster County ERT 76
St. Petersburg PD Blue 75
University of Central Flori 71
Escambia County Sheriff' 65
Paulding County Sheriff's 60
Macon PD 60
Sanford PD - Blue 59
Town of Poughkeepsie PD 59
Friday, November 14, 2003 Page 1 of 1

Dayshifter
02-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Double post

Cockney Corner
02-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Forgive my ignorance.

How does this "International SWAT" competition work? How is it marked?

Bart
02-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Dayshifter
Here is how they rated at the SWAT Roundup in November.

Final Team Scores
S.W.A.T. Roundup November 2003
21st Anniversary
Team Name Total Score Team Name Total Score

FCC Allenwood - Alpha 253
FCC Allenwood - Bravo 244

the fcc has a swat team? what do they do? do they raid tv stations if they show womens breasts during half time shows?

Marine_Infantry
02-04-2004, 11:57 AM
FCC (Federal Correctional Center) Allenwood,PA

Bureau of Prisons has SORT (Special Operations Response Teams) at all of thier medium and maximum security prisons,which are trained in riot control,cell extractions,high risk transport,hostage rescue,etc.

Marine_Infantry
02-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Cockney,
Go to: swatroundup.com

co911
02-05-2004, 07:35 AM
You also have to wonder aloud at the proliferation of Florida SWAT teams in the "international" competition which is held in, wait for it...Florida. Is it a coincidence that the top two teams are the local SO SWAT and half the top 10 are also locals? Personally, I wouldn't go past LAPD given their experience and the volume of callouts they get.

retired
02-05-2004, 12:28 PM
I really don't know how anyone can say which department has the best SWAT team. How does one compare LAPD with LASD, or with NYPD, or Miami PD, etc?

Welpe
02-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Which Orange county are they referring to? There's also an Orange county out here in Southern California.

Edit: Oops! I forgot this was "The Squad Room" Moderators, you can delete this if you want.

IPDBrad
02-06-2004, 10:15 AM
It is one thing to do well in competition, another in real lift.

For the ultimate in tactical applications to real world scenarios, this team can't be beat:

http://www.mallninja.com/

Pedalin'Cop
02-06-2004, 11:26 AM
I was going to suggest San Antonio PD SWAT..... I saw that they placed highly at the round up.....those guys are machines....

Also, BORTAC usually places highly at the competition. But the measure of a SWAT team is not how much but they kick....rather how effective they are while only using "the minimum force needed."

WAMBAUGHREADER
02-06-2004, 02:21 PM
IPD= mallninja kicked ***! lol

Cockney Corner
02-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Marine_Infantry

Cheers.

BreakinChains
02-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I think the more money the city puts into the SWAT the better it would be. More people, better weapons, etc..
LAPD I would say put lives on line more often then the rest
"Thank god for swat"

GackMan
02-08-2004, 03:00 AM
This is like a "what special forces is better?" thread...

FedDC
02-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Some of those "SWAT" teams are not SWAT. I knof for a fact that at least one of them specifically states in their mission statement that they DO NOT serve warrants. Sort of like apples and oranges...

Sentinel
02-10-2004, 02:46 PM
If you can believe this the NYPD does not have a SWAT team. We have the Emergency Services Unit. As the name states they do a lot of things other than tactical. As a matter of fact tactical is a very small percentage of what they do. As a result they are rarely if ever there when you need them for a tactical situation. In NYC stuff happens so fast that rarely do you ever have time to wait around for ESU to finish what they are doing and go help you. I cannot count the number of times I called them and they were not available because they were cutting someone out of a car or something the fireman should have been doing. 99% of the time you have to do everything yorself with a pistol. They are more like a rescue unit then SWAT.

ghostsix
02-10-2004, 07:46 PM
I care about RVN. I was there. So were the senior supervisors, Sheriffs and Marshals. As were the senior officers of the US Armed Forces.
The civilian police could take a lesson, if they would accept it.
Cally was not an isolateted case, however, combat has little to do with LE. The purpose of combat is to inflict the maximum amount of death, wounds and destruction upon the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
This is hardly the purpose of LE. Well, maybe the FBI. Shooting "woman armed with baby" is not a high point. Add US citezen to make it worse. Lon Horiguchi is out there somewhere. I`d bet he sleeps with that rifle. I used to.
If either side could run an Inf. Plt., or even a squad; you would need skip loaders to clean up the bodies in the morning.
Do not tell me that you are "declaring war" on anything. You do not know the meaning of the word.
I am pleased to hear that OCSO, CA. got a mention. I helped form that nacent unit back in the `60`s with Sheriff Jim Musick in command.
Everybody had to have one because LAPD did.

retdetsgt
02-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ghostsix

The civilian police could take a lesson, if they would accept it.
Cally was not an isolateted case, however, combat has little to do with LE. The purpose of combat is to inflict the maximum amount of death, wounds and destruction upon the enemy in the minimum amount of time.

Do not tell me that you are "declaring war" on anything. You do not know the meaning of the word.

What kind of lesson could civilian police take from military. Give me a break..... As you went on to say, the jobs are completely different. Civilian police do a pretty good job considering the necessary limitations on their actions.

Any idiot can burn down a village, that takes no brains. And I was there too. And yes, I know the meaning of the word war.

Frankly, I've never met any other Vietnam war veterans that like to talk about it as much as you do. The ones that do usually turned out to be Air Force cooks or something and never saw any real combat. All my friends that were over there left it behind a long time ago. The pretenders are the ones who still run around in jungle fatigues.

I'm still wondering how you "fixed" that warning ticket you talked about in another thread, not to mention how you got a ticket as the owner of the car and not the driver. You must have some strange laws where you live. Either that or you don't know much about law enforcement.

ghostsix
02-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Have it your way. As a reader I felt an obligation to contribute on subjects that I know well.
You are under no obligation to read, or agree with anything that I say; so what is the big deal?
The combat vets that I know have not forgotten the experiance, some of whome are on the SD. 36 years for the oldest, a `64 SEAL.
One Deputy that I know well took a shotgun pellet in an exchange. He was awarded the SD Purple Heart. He failed to kill the shooter. I would have kepy shooting. Now, he wishes that he had. The only one. They should come up with a civilian name for it. The reciepient agrees with me.
As I hunt, fish and drink beer with him and his kids; I value his opinion more than a retdetsgt. However, you are certianly entitled to it.
That is the way it is Sarge; live with it.
I wish I were a cook.
Obviously you were not there. Or if you were it was as an AF cook.
I found it rather odd to sign the warning, as the afore mentioned Deputy was driving when the head light went out.
I was drinking a beer, and was not inclined to ask the Stater.
I will look up the VC,or I`ll just ask. I just did. When the registrered owner is in the vehicle mechanical violations may be issued to him.
It is somewhere in 343 WI VC. According to the SD. They were not real sure.
If any WI officer wants to look it up before I do; I`d be obliged.I still do have an old jungle shirt around here somewhere.
Perhaps I should give it to retdetsgt.
It would give his wanna be self some credibility.

Frank Booth
02-10-2004, 10:56 PM
The horror.........the horror.......

retired
02-10-2004, 11:12 PM

I am pleased to hear that OCSO, CA. got a mention. I helped form that nacent unit back in the `60`s with Sheriff Jim Musick in command.
Everybody had to have one because LAPD did.

That's interesting since the O.C. Sheriff's SWAT team was not formed in the 60's.

retdetsgt
02-10-2004, 11:28 PM

That is the way it is Sarge; live with it.
I wish I were a cook.
Obviously you were not there. Or if you were it was as an AF cook.

And you base that on what? That I dare challenge some guy who comes on here sounding like a bad John Wayne movie? I doubt a full colonel would make such a charge without some substantiation. You sound like a child saying "you're one too, so there"! I never said I forgot the experience, I just don't feel the need to bray about it all the time in hopes of impressing someone.

A warning ticket is not a charge, there "Colonel", it's just that, a warning. It can't be fixed. That's why I say you're full of it, "sir"!

Your intro says you're the marshall of Council Bay, WI??? I looked up the state web page and it's not even listed as a city or town. Are you lying about that or is the town so small that Wisconsin doesn't recognize it?

I can say you certainly don't sound like any colonel I ever met in the army. My brother is a retired Lt.Col. and I met and visited a number of full birds and a couple of generals with him. None came across nearly as foolish as you sound. They were professional soldiers who didn't have to prove anything to anybody. I was a 1st Lt. and also never came across any field grade officers that needed to crow all the time either. The men that "did it" don't feel the need to tell everybody and their dog about it. You obviously have to prove something every time you post. Sorry, pal, but your rhetoric is juvenile at best... Live with that.

And police officers are taught to keep shooting. Your friend screwed up, didn't he?

retdetsgt
02-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by retired
That's interesting since the O.C. Sheriff's SWAT team was not formed in the 60's.

Another mystery, huh? ;)

ghostsix
02-11-2004, 01:47 AM
No mystery here. You are so smart; you can find the personnel records. Hint; try St. Louis. That is where they keep most of them.
You may even be smart enough to look up La Crosse Co. SD.
I`ll save you the trouble. 608 785 6188 ask for my pard Deputy Tom Olson.
Sure he could have and should have kept shooting. It was a squad 870 and someone had loaded a slug to go up the spout. He creased him and he went down. Tom is not a killer by nature.
I have not done much as a cop. There is not much by my standards. The SAR Team in `67 to `71 did train in rappelling, night shooting, etc. I was there. I care not who disputes me. My combat record is quite another thing. That would take more typing then I care to invest.
Something that you can look up is, I was in 1/coB//4th,23rd.Inf/25th. Div. 1966-1967. I hear there is a history of the 25th. in Nam.
So, look it up.
What do you want next; my Army ser. no.?
As many of my friends, and my father-in-law are field grade and General Officers, it seems to me that they might have mentioned that I did not seem in accord with my pay grade. None the less, I am getting 06 pay and you are not.
The Marshal`s Office costs me. I have been trying to get rid of it. Perhaps you would volunteer?
You guys just have a clique and I am too late to join. Fine; keep it.
I just changed my mind about contributing to your forum. Which will please those who wish to dominate it.

retdetsgt
02-11-2004, 02:18 AM

You guys just have a clique and I am too late to join. Fine; keep it.
I just changed my mind about contributing to your forum. Which will please those who wish to dominate it.

Gosh, Colonel, I don't care if you contribute or not, nor do I care if you rant about your army record or if you supposedly get 0-6 retirement pay. Yeah, I know all about St. Louis and that military records are kept there. If you were trying to impress me with that knowledge, you missed again. I never said you didn't serve there, I just said you don't act like someone who did. And the only people I have talked to that dwelled on it like you proved to be phonies. Having said that, it's completely immaterial to me whether you're lying or not. I have no interest in trying to prove or disprove what you say, I'm just giving you my observations.

And I do believe you when you say people told you that you didn't act in accord with your pay grade. I haven't spent much time with general grade, but I have had some experience with field grade officers and you certainly don't rise to their level. I never met any with near the braggadocio you emit.

But you've made a number of derogatory statements about LE comparing it to military and it's more that obvious from your posts that you don't know jack about LE. Being a town marshall in a little bitty town and carrying around 6 or more guns doesn't make you much of a cop.

The war was a long time ago. Most of us that served put it behind us as we are no longer the same kids that we were back then. Obviously, you're an exception.

Again, if you think you can entrall these young officers with your exploits of 40 years ago, go for for it. But be damn careful about criticizing police until you do more than have a few beers with some deputy in what ever little town that made you a marshall.

ghostsix
02-11-2004, 03:34 AM
And you call yourself a dick.

PC August
02-11-2004, 04:54 AM
Hey Ghostsix,

All right already. You were there (supposedly). Enough. We get it. Heard you loud and clear the first 40 times.

My old man was seriously wounded at the Falaise Gap and he doesn't go on about it. Neither do his buddies that saw real combat, the few still around. Maybe you're just different.

But give it a rest for crying out loud, okay there, "killer"? :mad:

3/4s
02-11-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Sentinel
If you can believe this the NYPD does not have a SWAT team. We have the Emergency Services Unit. As the name states they do a lot of things other than tactical. As a matter of fact tactical is a very small percentage of what they do. As a result they are rarely if ever there when you need them for a tactical situation. In NYC stuff happens so fast that rarely do you ever have time to wait around for ESU to finish what they are doing and go help you. I cannot count the number of times I called them and they were not available because they were cutting someone out of a car or something the fireman should have been doing. 99% of the time you have to do everything yorself with a pistol. They are more like a rescue unit then SWAT.

You`re kidding right? If LA had ESU instead of SWAT who had to respond from other parts of the city, the North Hollywood siege would have been over a lot quicker.

Most of us have moved on from Viet Nam but "Killer" Kerry won`t let it go. "You know I`m a hero, right?" Yes John, you open every speech with it.:rolleyes: How come he defended Bubba`s draft dodging during his campaigns? Military service was a non issue then according to Kerry.

Wait`ll the Bushies go into high gear and keep broadcasting his "Winter Soldier" speech.

Sentinel
02-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 3/4s
You`re kidding right? If LA had ESU instead of SWAT who had to respond from other parts of the city, the North Hollywood siege would have been over a lot quicker. No. I'm not kidding. The machine gun battle of which you speak is a bad example. Those perps were wearing heavy body armor that could stop rifle rounds. Nothing short of a shot to the head or foot would have stopped them so SWAT would have been not better at helping out there. In the end that shootout stopped by a handgun shot to the head of one and a rifle shot to the foot of the other. The former by a detective I think and the latter by a SWAT officer.

I see no difference between the LAPD SWAT riding around the city or the NYPD ESU riding around the city except that our ESU is always busy on some crap run and almost never available for a major gun battle until long after the smoke clears. If ESU is at the scene of a big gun battle then it is a really big one lasting a very long time. Rare indeed. I have had barricaded EDP's with guns come out guns blazing while I was waiting for ESU to finish cutting a person out of a car wreck while FD rescue unit stands around watching because ESU won't let them help. Street cops with hand guns (.38 cal wheel guns!) had to take care of it until the Hollywood truck got there and was finished posing for pictures.

There are some good guys in ESU but the way the system is designed in NYC they just never get there in time to be effective. They should train some street officers (just some in each command) to be SWAT qualified and let them carry some(not all) equipment in their car while doing routine radio car duty. This way they could actually be there when some crap went down. But that would mean giving some rescue ability to FD and ESU won't go for that and it would mean some ESU guys being on patrol again handling radio runs when they are not doing SWAT and no way will ESU go for that.

retdetsgt
02-11-2004, 01:01 PM
It is spelled Marshal and it is small and I still get the 06 over twenty pay.
There are only 21 Patrol Div. officers in the county.
I have been a hobby cop starting with OCSD in 1967. While attending the U of Calif.
I like guns and the people that one meets at the Sheriff`s range tend to be cops. Moreover, the Sheriff and the CHP supported higher education, so I met some in school Many are still friends.
Most have post grad degrees now.
I was in the standby reserve as a SGT. at the time.
Commission is granteted upon graduation, as you know.
The Inf. is my job. Buddies talked me into the reserves in various locations that I had other business in. I have been in a shootout as a cop. Few can say that. Chief Steve Amling, VAPD, 1800 872 8662 said he would hire me any time. This is toll free. You have no excuse not to check it out.
In the meantime, I would appreaciate your knocking off the slurs and inuendos.
I may not be your idea of a combat commander, but evidently the Army dissagreed with you.
Gee, if I had any interest in denegrating LEO`s, why am I one?
Nobody gets hurt being a cop here. It is not 77th. Div.
That is patently absurd.
Plus, I wear two or three guns and a knife. All of which I am quite capable of using.
Maybe this is my fault. Let`s move on.

Commission to what after graduation? Police or army? There are only a few military academys that grant regular commissions to army officers besides West Point. The rest are reserve commissions and you still have to go through OCS unless you were in a ROTC program.

And you have been making insulting remarks about cops. Go back and read your own posts.

Okay, I'll drop it, but lighten up on the infantry crap. It obviously impresses no one here. Go to a military forum if you want to brag.

retired
02-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Ghostsix,

I'm interested in hearing more about how you were involved in setting up the OCSD SWAT team? I'm somewhat familiar with OCSD and I know a few of their officers.

So what steps did you take for the SWAT team in the 60's that really was non-existent in the 60'S?

retdetsgt
02-11-2004, 04:54 PM
I ran Daniel A. Ness on Military.com and came up with one that was an Air Force E-4 and the other was a Marine E-3...... there was a third that was listed as retired from the Air Force, not the army and no rank given. They get their info from the D.O.D.

PC August
02-11-2004, 09:57 PM
It appears that Ghostsix has disappeared to a military forum.

To brag.

retdetsgt
02-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by PC August
It appears that Ghostsix has disappeared to a military forum.

To brag.

It'll take about 16 seconds for him to get made there, unless they're the same kind of war hero he is......;)

jeeper
02-12-2004, 03:57 AM
Council Bay, WI doesn't exist. Nor is it anywhere NEAR LaCrosse county. I should know, I have experience in that area and still have a few friends with their SO. I'll do some checking about Tom Olson and his 870 armed shootout. This had to have been more than 15yrs ago. This guy is nuts. I don't know where he is supposedly "marshal" of, as there are NO marshals in LaCrosse, Monroe, Vernon, Jackson, Trempleau Counties. Nor are there any in the state of WI, at least that I know of or could find recent reference of in Wislaw. And if he's carrying guns and knives around, don't come to Madison. CCW is against the law!

I LOVE wannabes!!

DaBearsFan
02-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Retdetsgt.

Must be the Airforce guy. No self-respecting enlisted Marine would ever claim to be an Army Officer.

I apologize for the oversight, this is the officer's only room. Mods please accept my most humble of apologies and delete my post.

retired
02-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DaBearsFan
Retdetsgt.

Must be the Airforce guy. No self-respecting enlisted Marine would ever claim to be an Army Officer.

I apologize for the oversight, this is the officer's only room. Mods please accept my most humble of apologies and delete my post.

Why are you a Bear fan, and not a Seahawk, shame on you!:p :p

retdetsgt
02-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Normally wannbes don't bother me. I'm met a number of them in my life and generally just let them live their fantasy. Vietnam was so long ago that some almost believe their own barroom BS, they've been doing it so long.

I know a guy who tells everyone he was a sniper in Vietnam. I asked him once what kind of rifle he used and he told me he didn't remember! You might forget your youngest kid's name, but you ain't gonna forget your rifle! I let it go and he still regales people with his stories of bravery. He's a harmless old guy and it makes him feel important.

This guy ticked me off because he started ridiculing cops by comparing them to the fantasy troops he commanded. That went over the line. I'm no military expert, but I do know that at least in the army, you have to be of a certain personality to advance into field grade officer ranks. This guy would have been a misfit by any definition and would have never gotten past captain (almost an automatic promotion) shooting his mouth off like that. Social skills are very important in the army officer corps. When I was in, there was even a book on officer etiquette that every 2nd Lt. had better buy and learn.

This poor guy obviously has a lot of problems. Therapy might be a good fit for him so he might be able to enjoy reality a little more. Hopefully, this is closed now.

Sentinel
02-12-2004, 05:17 PM
I agree completely and also proves why a restricted forum is much needed.

J.DIXON
02-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by retdetsgt
I know a guy who tells everyone he was a sniper in Vietnam. I asked him once what kind of rifle he used and he told me he didn't remember!

Hey Sarge,I think we've met the same person. He's not the one claiming mountaintop to mountaintop shots with a .308 is he?:rolleyes:

retdetsgt
02-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by J.DIXON
Hey Sarge,I think we've met the same person. He's not the one claiming mountaintop to mountaintop shots with a .308 is he?:rolleyes:

Naw, if your guy knew it was a .308, he was one up on mine....

ghostsix
02-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Bad idea. Bad company. I bet you support the troops and oppose the conflict.
How does that make the young patrol leader feel as he is about to take his men into Fallujah? You are telling him that he is about to die for a worthless ill-considered conflict.
How do you think it makes me feel when brother officers either do not remember my sacrifice or say it was a long, long time ago; get over it. I expected better of you.
Yes, I guess Tom`s little shoot out was about 15 or 20 years ago. I never thought it important enough to remember. I`ll ask him tommorow. We are going to tip a few.
But for my own use. I have no intention of sharing it with ya`all.
You can ask him yourself. It is in the book. My number is in the book under Office of the Marshal.
If Jeeper has the claimed connections, he may post it. I do not even remember the exact details. I am sure Tom would share them with some stranger claiming to be sombody. He has Tom`s # at the SD. He may not get a warm reception. This is not Madison, Chicago or NYC, thank goodness.
So, the great dick came up with two AF and One Marine.
Congrats Dick Tracy. Did they retire you before you did any real damadge?
Now, as someone such as myself must have a clearance and an FBI File#, who is going to run the NCIC? It will come back field edit successful.
Let us see just how bright you has beens are.
We will make a game of it.
You clearly have no other life.
How did I get suckered into this?
Being called AF or Marine is going too far.
I`m dead anyway. I just haven`t lain down.

Invisiblecop
02-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Obviously when someone has been exposed for perpetrating a fraud they'll back pedal quickly.

It's the old song :If I can't dazzle them with brilliance, I'll baffle them with Bull Crap!

I find all the "pomp and circumstance" surrounding an imagined military career and resident Marshal of an imaginary town in Wisconsin a serious cry for attention.

Too many people have called this guys bluff and still there's no proff! Jeeper, retdetsgt., retired, J.Dixon, etc., all are aware of the psuedo life imagined by Ghostsix!

I often wonder "why" people use various mediums, such as this Forum,to dazzle others with their fictional triumphs.

The psychological advantage of anonymity on the internet begets many a strange persona entering here.

Frank Booth
02-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I think he's naked right now doing his Tai Chi in a cheap Saigon motel room with a ceiling fan. For his sins, they gave him a mission. Soon he will be on a Navy PBR heading out of RVN and into..Cambodia....to terminate the command of one Col. Walter E. Kurtz.....Terminate.....with extreme predjudice.....

retdetsgt
02-15-2004, 01:30 PM
How do you think it makes me feel when brother officers either do not remember my sacrifice or say it was a long, long time ago; get over it. I expected better of you.

Now, as someone such as myself must have a clearance and an FBI File#, who is going to run the NCIC? It will come back field edit successful.
Let us see just how bright you has beens are.
We will make a game of it.
You clearly have no other life.
How did I get suckered into this?

Because you're a liar. And not a very good one. Anyone can say anything on the internet and you're a great example. :D And the same internet allows anyone to make certain checks too. And I have a life, rest assured. I just spent too much of it suffering fools to not call you on your baloney.

You sure aren't any retired army officer! A guy with your personality and temperment would never make 0-4, maybe not even 0-3. I met a few lieutenants like you, but they didn't last. One was fragged, pretty close to justifiable homicide. He was a braggart too. And patrol leader? Do you mean platoon leader? Or squad leader? You even use television terms! That does prove you read the news. I never met a senior NCO as juvenile sounding as you. Your posts resemble those of a high school kid or someone not especially bright. Calling me Dick Tracy is a class example. When do you hold your breath until you pass out?:rolleyes:

And you haven't explained to Retired how you help set up a SWAT team in the 60's that didn't exist back then.

You say you can get on NCIC, so what. You've said a lot that didn't wash. And anyone who's been fingerprinted and their prints sent to the FBI have an FBI file number. Do you even know what that is?

It doesn't take a rocket scientest to check the web pages of Wisconsin and find there is NO Council Bay. Why did you lie about that? What possible reason would anyone have to come up with a fictious town? Are you the Daniel A. Ness that lives on Council Bay Road in Holmen, WI? Did you creat the town in your front yard? Odd coincidence, huh? Yeah, there's a community of Council Bay, but it's not a town.

Jeeper says there aren't any marshals there. So far his credentials beat yours by a long shot. What's this Book of Marshals? Where can Jeeper or anyone find it? Do we have to call another one of your drinking buddies?

And remembering sacrifices is one thing. That becoming your entire identity is something else, whether it's imagined or not. No, I've never forgotten Vietnam. There isn't a day that I don't think about it. I can tell you the names of every member of my platoon that didn't come home and most of the wounded. I still exchange Christmas cards with the parents of several of my guys that didn't make it. And I feel responsible for the deaths of everyone of them. I've replayed their deaths a million times over the years and wondered what I could have done different. It wasn't glory, it was nothing to brag incessantly about like you do. It was miserable, scary, f**king time in our lives that changed many of us forever. That's why I think you're nothing more than a wannabe who is a slap in the face to every guy who actually had to go over to that God forsaken place. I've never met a real combat veteran who glorifies himself or anything that ever happened in it.

You really need some counseling, seriously. You're constantly getting caught with your pants down by people on this site on most things you've bragged about. And you're too wrapped up in your fantasy to give it up. You're a joke, Dan, a really bad and pathetic one.

ghostsix
02-15-2004, 06:40 PM
I give up. Believe what you want.

PC August
02-16-2004, 12:01 AM
I give up. Believe what you want.

Does this mean you'll retire from posting? Because we have all established beyond any doubt that:
A) You are not, nor have you ever been, a cop.
B) You were never in Vietnam.
C) You were never in the military
D) You have some mental health issues that you need to come to terms with and get under control.

I am not trying to be cute with that last point. Think about it.

ghostsix
03-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Any one of you is welcome to e-mail me and I will attach the proof.
I just scanned in some ID cards. Including the 1970 OCSO.
You boys should be ashamed of yourselves. What happened to the presumtion of inocence?
You would never work for me long.

PC August
03-04-2004, 02:53 PM

Wrong. We would never work for you at all. No one would, and no one ever has.

I see you've returned. I imagine you got booted off the military forums. Those guys don't take kindly to your BS either.

Seek help. Immediately.

ghostsix
03-04-2004, 03:19 PM
I see that I cannot e-mail you either. What are you afraid of PC August?
Are the girlies after you?

Try ghostsix@*********.com, if you have the guts.
You rotton cowards. I do not believe that anyone would give you tin, much less a weapon.
You are a disgrace as a man; never mind if you are a cop, which I doubt.

PC August
03-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Okay, okay, just don't send one of your imaginary army platoons after me. I promise I'll stay out of your imaginary town too, 'Marshal'. I'd hate to wind up like one of them critters what you had'n to kill!

Wait a sec...I think I hear a sampan coming up the Mekong...quick, muster your 'troops' and be on your way, you can still catch 'em if you hurry!

ghostsix
03-04-2004, 06:12 PM
I do know an *** when I see one.

Frank Booth
03-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Kooks in the wire!!!!

ghostsix
03-04-2004, 07:40 PM
If any of you wish to back that up; I am not hard to find.

armympchick
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Any one of you is welcome to e-mail me and I will attach the proof.
I just scanned in some ID cards. Including the 1970 OCSO.
You boys should be ashamed of yourselves. What happened to the presumtion of inocence?

ok then .... go ahead and email it to me. Dazzle me .... my email is smilinchilipepper@yahoo.com. I'll watch for an email from you.

**PS, please forgive me for posting in the squad room, I know I shouldn't and this will be the last and only post - I'll pm or post in GENERAL if and when I receive anything .... thanks. **

Invisiblecop
03-05-2004, 04:56 PM
I thought "ghostsix" was indeed a ghost or at the very least history! I came across this fellow elsewhere. Ironically, the claims he makes here does not coincide with the claims he makes elsewhere.

Simple deduction = fabrication/fantasy!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

ghostsix
03-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Oh yes, you will receive something, for the one who E-Mailed me. Plus the one who gave me her address. It appears that the rest are not interested in truth.
I am wasting time here that I do not have.
Believe what you wish.

ghostsix
03-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Why did you not post the attchments that I sent you? I hear that the new digital govt. ID cards are hard to fake.
But what do I know? I`m just a poor trigger puller.

armympchick
03-06-2004, 03:45 AM
because you didn't SEND ME ANY attachments. Check your SENT LIST in your EMAIL rocket scientist. I sent you back all you sent me, and also posted on the other thread, exactly and ALL you emailed me. You can hold your own from here. This is YOUR game sir, not mine.

ghostsix
03-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Thank you for e-mailing me back. You have the documents now. I am not a PC nerd. I beg your pardon for the error. I thought that they were sent.That is more than the "sworn" Officers here have done.
What did they swear to?
I remember my oath.
Perhaps it is best if old combat call signs die with their owners.

Ghost is better than that damn spook. The six stands for command for you civilians.

ghostsix
03-06-2004, 05:28 AM
NYPD102 sends me a msg. and then blocks the reply.
No, I have not shot any gooks lately. About 17 million escaped. Mores the pity.
That would not have happened had I been in charge.
I would have blown the Red River dykes and put Hanoi under 18' of water, among other things.
We had the plan.

Frank Booth
03-06-2004, 08:58 AM
No, I have not shot any gooks lately. About 17 million escaped. Mores the pity.

There were never 17 million NVA and Viet Cong combined, were there??? Even with any mercenaries fighting for the North there weren't than many combatants, were there? Was your plan to kill about 80% of the civilian population in North Vietnam Dr. Strangelove? Pretty ambitious of you.

SinePari
03-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Mods, sorry for posting here, but this is great stuff! This is what we call "measuring dicks"...

chinchilla
03-07-2004, 03:44 PM
This is what happens when you can find a badge in a box of crackerjacks or get one from a .25 vending machine.