PDA

View Full Version : Sig p-239 or compact Glock for concealed carry?

Boogner
01-02-2004, 07:39 PM
I've handled my buddies Sig-P239 compared to my P-226 it's night and day as far as concealed carry goes. I also know a guy who carries a minnie Glock.(not sure of model but very small) The question is to I go Glock or Sig. I know both are excellent guns I am leaning towards the Sig I guess I'm looking for a reason to go with the Glock any feedback would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

J.DIXON
01-02-2004, 09:05 PM
SIG!!!! Nuff said.

GCPD0171
01-02-2004, 10:24 PM
J. Dixon, you really ought to start charging Sig Sauer for the advertising you give:)

shooter1201
01-02-2004, 10:29 PM
I've carried BOTH. the SIG P239 is HEADS and SHOULDERS above the Glock in EVERY detail(slimmer and more shooter friendly, comfort-wise), save firepower....which tends to be overrated most times.

J.DIXON
01-03-2004, 12:31 AM
GCPD0171:The worst mistake I ever made was getting rid of my Sigs and jumping on the Glock bandwagon. I am in the process of restocking my Sig collection. Just got one more Glock to get rid of.;) :p :D

Deadman
01-03-2004, 12:47 AM
I carry a Glock Model 22 on duty, and a Glock Model 27 off. I am very happy with both of them. I've fired another officers SIG on the range but never owned one. I would have to say that your really can't go wrong with these choices.

That said, I would never trade my glock for a SIG. Although, the hollow in the bottom of the magazines are handy for storing trash. :)

John from Maryland
01-03-2004, 02:39 PM
If your duty weapon is a SIG, you're probably better off getting the 239. While the Glock has a greater ammunition capacity, having the same manual of arms for both on- and off-duty weapons is a significant advantage. You'll also probably find the single stack 239 is easier to conceal than the blockier Glock.

flatbadge
01-03-2004, 06:57 PM
I too carry the glock 22 in uniform and the glock 27 aka the minnie off duty and plain clothing. I think this weapon in the 40 caliber is great. Glocks are simple to shoot and even my wife hit well the first time she shot it.

I have shot sigs and they are nice as well. I would carry what you are comfortable with.

I even bought a S&W sigma 380, since it mimics the glocks.

Mike

Chase
01-04-2004, 11:45 PM
I've carried both SIGs and Glocks, but for off-duty concealed carry I definitely prefer my compact Glock 27. It's small, light weight, and carries 10 rounds of .40 cal. No SIG has all those qualities.

With that said, the best gun for you is the one that you can shoot the best and feel the most comfortable carrying.

Kentuckian
01-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Most of the time, I carry a Glock 30, but on occasion, I will carry my Glock 27. As you have been advised, something that mimics the controls of your duty weapon is a best choice.....under stress, we revert to our training, and what we are familiar with.