PDA

View Full Version : Suspenders - under outer vest carrier

HEDP
10-17-2010, 04:45 AM

I'm looking to get suspenders for my uniform.

We're not allowed to wear suspenders, however, since I wear an outer vest carrier, I could wear the suspenders over my uniform shirt then put my outer vest carrier over it and no one would see it.

(I don't want to wear the suspenders that go under my uniform.)

What ones do you guys know of that are good?

rwandrie
10-17-2010, 07:41 AM

I'm looking to get suspenders for my uniform.

We're not allowed to wear suspenders, however, since I wear an outer vest carrier, I could wear the suspenders over my uniform shirt then put my outer vest carrier over it and no one would see it.

(I don't want to wear the suspenders that go under my uniform.)

What ones do you guys know of that are good?

http://www.backdefensesystems.com/

HEDP
10-17-2010, 12:31 PM
http://www.backdefensesystems.com/

Thanks, but that's exactly what I don't want.

Sgt. Slaughter
10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Tactical Tailor makes quality stuff, although I don't do suspenders.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/ledutybeltsuspenders.aspx

Brader
10-18-2010, 05:22 PM
I just have black Dickies suspenders. The clips are black and just tuck underneath so you can't see them. And I wear a outer carrier that covers up the straps. It really does seem to help my hips.

11b101abn
10-21-2010, 05:05 AM
I have considered the same idea.

Tactical Tailor, Diamondback Tactical, K&H, Orca, are the ones that I can think of off that top of my head. Avoid Uncle Mike's like herpes, they suck goat.

You guys that have outer carriers, who made them? Opinions?

Pfac
10-22-2010, 09:49 PM
I have the Orca ones. Wore them quite a bit when I first picked them up years ago, haven't touched them in awhile though.

I'm familiar with all the ones you listed eleven bang bang. I recommend Orca.

http://www.orcacustom.com/

BARNABY JONES
10-25-2010, 04:19 PM
I have had the Uncle Mike's suspenders for some time now, they do the job fine.

As for the outer carrier, ours were made by a Nate's Leather in Chicago. What's nice about them is they can add pouches and pockets to your carrier so that you can mount flashlights, handcuffs, pistol/rifle mags ect.

Another big perk is the fact that it only takes -10 seconds to take it off. Or you can just open it up when it's hot.

Here's their webpage link: http://www.natesleather.com/

11b101abn
10-28-2010, 11:59 AM
The issue I had w/ Uncle Mike's is that the "breakaway" feature is garbage, and will unsnap way too easy. The slider in the back also will not stay high enough either. IMO and experience, the other choices are vastly supeior.

One company I left out was Blue Force Gear. Good kit.

Bluedog
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
My Chief has recently approved for me to wear an outer vest carrier but he does not want me to wear one of the Tactical ones with the all the pockets. He prefers the carrier that looks like your uniform shirt. My questions is does any company make one that has the belt keeper attachments similar to the type used in tac vests to connect to the duty belt. To me this would be better than suspenders. It would keep the belt up and the vest down, but I cannot find one anywhere. Any comments on this or suggestions would be appreciated.

11b101abn
11-11-2010, 03:10 AM
JG Uniforms can do what you are describing.

GungHoExplorer
11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I was recently approved to wear the outer vest carrier. I thought it was a hassle to wear the inner vest, and that it was time for a change. With all of the hours I put in during the hot summer, it became very uncomfortable. I used to wear my inner carrier to events, such as the county fair. I would leave at the end of the day with sweat marks all over my uniform which made it look very unprofessional. Now with my outer carrier, it's so much more comfortable, and you will not see any more sweat marks. It's the most comfortable thing I've worn! I love my outer carrier. It's a lot cooler in the summer time, but oddly warm in the winter.

asianhulk
05-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Like brader was saying, that is what I do.

JC

HEDP
05-11-2011, 02:21 PM
The issue I had w/ Uncle Mike's is that the "breakaway" feature is garbage, and will unsnap way too easy. The slider in the back also will not stay high enough either. IMO and experience, the other choices are vastly supeior.

One company I left out was Blue Force Gear. Good kit.

The Uncle Mike's "break away" system is crap.

What I did was cut the threads that made the "bend" and now they are straight like regular suspenders, work much better that way.

I wish the "tactical tailer" suspenders idea had been posted before I bought my Uncle Mikes. lol. But the Uncle Mikes work fine now.

Definitely make my back and hips feel better, so I'd say suspenders are a great choice. Might save my back over the course of 25-30 yrs.

11b101abn
05-13-2011, 05:13 AM
The Uncle Mike's "break away" system is crap.

What I did was cut the threads that made the "bend" and now they are straight like regular suspenders, work much better that way.

I wish the "tactical tailer" suspenders idea had been posted before I bought my Uncle Mikes. lol. But the Uncle Mikes work fine now.

Definitely make my back and hips feel better, so I'd say suspenders are a great choice. Might save my back over the course of 25-30 yrs.

Lol.

If you're wearing it under your uniform, the Uncle Mike's should do fine. The Blue Force suspenders are thinner and have an elastic cord in the back, allowing for some flex. They would be my choice, if didn't already own the Orca suspenders.

HEDP
05-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Lol.

If you're wearing it under your uniform, the Uncle Mike's should do fine. The Blue Force suspenders are thinner and have an elastic cord in the back, allowing for some flex. They would be my choice, if didn't already own the Orca suspenders.

I'm wearing it over my uniform, under my vest carrier.

11b101abn
05-19-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm wearing it over my uniform, under my vest carrier.

Thats what I meant...lol. SHould have checked my stuff.... I still stand by my post though.

MCSD
05-28-2011, 11:37 PM
My Chief has recently approved for me to wear an outer vest carrier but he does not want me to wear one of the Tactical ones with the all the pockets. He prefers the carrier that looks like your uniform shirt. My questions is does any company make one that has the belt keeper attachments similar to the type used in tac vests to connect to the duty belt. To me this would be better than suspenders. It would keep the belt up and the vest down, but I cannot find one anywhere. Any comments on this or suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.thevestman.com/products.html - Click on "Over the Uniform Vest Carrier"