PDA

View Full Version : How much does a failure to yield to a stop sign citation cost in Arizona?

Michael2007
09-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I cannot seem to find this on the internet and the courts were closed after class on friday. Does anyone know where I could find this out at or the cost of the citation?

PhilipCal
09-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Technical legal point. You don't yield at Stop Signs. You Stop. You yield at Yield Signs. Minor point to be certain, but it's important. If you received a citation, call the court to which the citation is directed. The number should be on your copy of the citation. The Clerk will advise you as to fines/court costs.

Michael2007
09-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I haven't received the citation its some homework I have to do. I thought the citation written was for failure to yield in AZ but I will check again under failure to stop definitely.

PhilipCal
09-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I haven't received the citation its some homework I have to do. I thought the citation written was for failure to yield in AZ but I will check again under failure to stop definitely.

OK cool. There IS definitely a difference though, as in two totally different charges. As to the cost of the citation. Check out you local court having jurisdiction over traffic violations. If you live inside a city, that will be your Municipal Court. A call to the clerk should give you the information you need regarding fines/court costs.

mikeymedic
09-05-2010, 02:57 PM
We, here in Colorado, Have a failure to obey official traffic control devices.