PDA

View Full Version : Treadmill Stress Test question

calicopper
08-31-2010, 07:57 PM
So at my medical the other day we do a bunch of test one being the treadmill stress test. I run the streets never on treadmills and figured would be simple. It was set for stress level 8 and the test began. First 3 stages were walking with the third being a good brisk fast paced walk uphill. The 4th was almost a full run. Stage 5 is where I had my issue. The incline was rather hefty and the pace was probably set as my sprint speed. I could only take so much of stage 5 and had them shut it down. Way to fast. From what i have read that the point to this test is to monitor heart rate. Heart rate was fine i was told. It was very constant and changed between only a few beats per minute on level 4 and the brief time on level 5. They wanted me to go the full 10 minutes but if needed to stop then tell them. Which i did. Because speed was to much for me, i almost went off the treadmill lol.

Will stopping the test fail me?

xynder
08-31-2010, 08:53 PM
dont think anyone cares, and if it's an issue you just need to go to your dr and get it signed off.

calicopper
08-31-2010, 09:00 PM
thats what i was thinkin. Just was lookin for some reassurance. thanks.

L-1
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
So at my medical the other day we do a bunch of test one being the treadmill stress test. I run the streets never on treadmills and figured would be simple. It was set for stress level 8 and the test began. First 3 stages were walking with the third being a good brisk fast paced walk uphill. The 4th was almost a full run. Stage 5 is where I had my issue. The incline was rather hefty and the pace was probably set as my sprint speed. I could only take so much of stage 5 and had them shut it down. Way to fast. From what i have read that the point to this test is to monitor heart rate. Heart rate was fine i was told. It was very constant and changed between only a few beats per minute on level 4 and the brief time on level 5. They wanted me to go the full 10 minutes but if needed to stop then tell them. Which i did. Because speed was to much for me, i almost went off the treadmill lol.

Will stopping the test fail me?

If you can figure out what they say, pages I-6 & I-7 explain the treatmill test. http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/Cardio.pdf
(I have no idea what they mean.)

calicopper
09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I also went abit over 8 min on my treadmill test and all my vitals were really good said the guy givin the test... i just didnt go for 10 min.

L-1 I opened up that link and tried reading it... ya no idea what they are saying. Might as well been in Chinese lol. But thanks