PDA

View Full Version : Nypd officers who ordered vests from dayle stewart/ aka the vest lady!!!!

shook0002
07-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey fellow officers from NYPD. I'm a P/O in Philadelphia. It seems we've been having a problem getting the carriers from Dayle Stewart AKA The Vest Lady/Blue Force Police Wear. A bunch of us just in my district ordered summer blue carriers in Feburary, and have been unable to get a hold of her. Either her mailbox is full or she tells someone that she does answer for next week, but next week never comes. A couple of P/O's got the carrier but with no name tags, badges, etc. I'm thinking about compiling a list of officers that have had issues, and going to small claims court to sue her. I was just wondering if the same is happening in NYPD and if so If anyone would want to jump in on the lawsuit if we decide to go that route. I'm also thinking about a letter from us sent certified to ask for either refunds, or the carriers, and warning of possible legal action along with a list of who didn't receive the carrier or received it incomplete. I am aware of privacy concerns, and a PM with a Precinct phone number and contact name would be great. Thanks guys.

Marxdaman29
07-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey fellow officers from NYPD. I'm a P/O in Philadelphia. It seems we've been having a problem getting the carriers from Dayle Stewart AKA The Vest Lady/Blue Force Police Wear. A bunch of us just in my district ordered summer blue carriers in Feburary, and have been unable to get a hold of her. Either her mailbox is full or she tells someone that she does answer for next week, but next week never comes. A couple of P/O's got the carrier but with no name tags, badges, etc. I'm thinking about compiling a list of officers that have had issues, and going to small claims court to sue her. I was just wondering if the same is happening in NYPD and if so If anyone would want to jump in on the lawsuit if we decide to go that route. I'm also thinking about a letter from us sent certified to ask for either refunds, or the carriers, and warning of possible legal action along with a list of who didn't receive the carrier or received it incomplete. I am aware of privacy concerns, and a PM with a Precinct phone number and contact name would be great. Thanks guys.

Yeah, she takes a looooooooooong time to complete them.. I'm glad that I didn't order one from her, but I've seen people get their vests 8 months after they ordered them..

shook0002
07-22-2010, 07:44 PM
My last vest was done in a stunning 3 months, this time is just too long. We can wear the blue outer carriers in the summer which is why we ordered them in Feb. The way this is going we won't have them for the summer at all.

District B 13
07-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Lesson learned then.

wpaterno
07-23-2010, 08:32 AM
i haven't ordered anything from her because of the horros stories i have heard about getting the product. is there anyone else around the offers a similar product?

Big Will
07-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Took about a year to get mine.

hondo85
07-23-2010, 09:58 AM
i haven't ordered anything from her because of the horros stories i have heard about getting the product. is there anyone else around the offers a similar product?

firstchoicearmor.com

mikelowrey
10-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Post Removed.

ny1man
12-14-2010, 03:20 AM
please if you or anyone else from philly is sueing this lady or has a hold of her or any good information regarding our vest order or refund of the money, contact me and keep me in the loop. thank you

my email address is ny1man@hotmail.com

WARRIOR13
01-06-2011, 01:52 AM
NYPD here...........plz keep me posted and email me. Its been 1.5 years since I ordered my vest.

shook0002
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
As of this week PPD Major Crimes has opened a criminal investigation into her. I would expect an arrest soon.

WARRIOR13
03-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Anybody have any updates on this?

DigitalFrenchie
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Anybody have any updates on this?

STAY AWAY FROM THIS LADY! Just the other month I saw a notice in a Manhattan precinct, "reminding supervisors that no one may enter the station house to sell items deemed unauthorized by the department, including custom made ballistic vest carriers.". The NYPD is great at targeting one person by making it seem they are targeting everyone, lol. She is a business owner who takes on more work than she can handle and should be avoided.

_DF