PDA

View Full Version : CIU Training?

SBlockJunkie
01-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Has anyone ever had CIU training. They announced in line up today that they will be offering the training in May. I haven't had a chance to seek with a few of the guys at my facility that have done it, so i thought I would check on here.
Just wondering how long the training is, what it consists of, where is it given? BTW i work for NYSDOCS.

eggman1317
01-19-2010, 10:30 AM
unsure of the details but have been told that CIU school is some of the best "non-tactical" training available

Iowa #1603
01-19-2010, 10:58 AM
What is CIU?

BSOdeputy
01-19-2010, 11:43 AM
What is CIU?

Crisis Intervention Unit. They are trained negotiators and track gangs and other groups. They are the "intelligence" of NYSDOCS. CERT is the "muscle". :)

Hack4NYS
01-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I would love to take the CIU Training. However, at a total of 5 jails, I have heard ZIP. It's like they do not want anyone to volunteer or take the training. Instead of waiting around for NYSDOCS to train us or pick some of us for CIU, I started doing my own research/knowledge growth on gangs and STG'. Books from library, studies and research on the 'net, and even going back to old college material. Why wait for DOCS to teach me?

Iowa #1603
01-19-2010, 06:08 PM
I see

Crisis Intervention and STG Investigator are two separate units in Iowa.

Both are very hard to get into .................each institution has 2 or 3 STG monitors.............and maybe 6-8 Hostage Negotiators. Both are by application when there is an opening, and then picked by the Warden after consultation with the psychologist.