PDA

View Full Version : Female officers as a partner

kyle90802
01-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey I’m interested to see how many of you officers like having a female as a partner. My girlfriend works for LAPD and i kinda get a mixed vibe. She told me she wants to work in south div and I kinda worried about her. She is 135lbs and 510. Do you guys think females make good officers and would trust them for backup?

BCSD Frank
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I think each officer should be judged on their own merit, regardless of gender.

kyle90802
01-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Well it kinda shocked me when she told me another female she works with is 22 and used to work at hooters. Plus her english isnt great either. I dont know if i would feel confident working with a 22 year old former waitress at hooters as my partner.. Maybe im a little in left field.

BCSD Frank
01-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Again: It comes down to the caliber of the officer. It pretty much has to. Anything else would be discriminatory. If the officer I'm with is competent and able to do the job, then that's the standard. It's not a movable target based on gender, past work history, or anything else.

Blue Leader
01-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I think each officer should be judged on their own merit, regardless of gender.

Exactly what he said...I had the same female partner for several years and we only split up after she got burned out working the "hood". It worked out for her though since she went on a residential burglary report call and the victim ended up as her husband. He was a Navy pilot who ended up in the JAG Corps and later retired after Iraq war #1. He's now a corporate type attorney and she's an Obama fan :eek:

kyle90802
01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
makes sense, its different when its your girlfriend thats the cop. I guess i am worried about her and question her physical strength if she were to get into a physical altercation, but i guess with LAPD they have so many officers in such a small area she would be ok.

drjordan
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
My sister is a cop, too. She's been in a few fights since she's been a cop and she handled herself just fine. Being a cop is not for everybody, male or female. I think that there are probably more men cut out for it (at least the ratio of men to women in most departments would suggest that), but I've worked with some great female officers. As a matter of fact, my DT instructor was a female; she could kick mine and your butt at the same time. :D

not5150
01-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I've worked with female officers before both on the reservation and when I was a CHP explorer. No problems at all.

They are more talkative than males (yeah DUH right)... but that can actually make the shift go by faster.

Ohh, they can also snag free food from the fire stations with no problems at all :)

deputy x 2
01-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey I’m interested to see how many of you officers like having a female as a partner. My girlfriend works for LAPD and i kinda get a mixed vibe. She told me she wants to work in south div and I kinda worried about her. She is 135lbs and 510. Do you guys think females make good officers and would trust them for backup?

We ride in single man cars.

Are you questioning her abilities or females in general?

As long as you prove you can do the job it doesn't matter if you are male or female. It's all about your abilities.....and capability to get the job done and go home safe.

IE Copper
01-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Woman make real good investigators. People seem to open up to woman a bit more. Woman can also use their sexuality to an extent to gain repor with people. This may seem wrong but many times they do it without even realizing. Woman also seem to be more determined in Police work. This may be because they want to prove themselves.

That said....

I wish that Police agencies were set up more like the military. As sexist as it may sound, I think that the streets are too dangerous for woman <ducks>. Sorry, it's just how I feel. Woman can get the job done on the streets, but a determined male crook, 9 times out of ten, would disarm and kill a female cop with ease. To be fair, the same determined male crook may accomplish the same thing with a male cop but the chances of that happening are alot less.

We have a female at my department that is a sweet heart, but has no fight in her. If she was sent to back me, and I knew that I needed a real back, I would ask for another unit. I need my back covered more than I need to not hurt someones feelings.

I hope that none of our females in blue take offense. If i was assigned a female partner I would work with her without argument, but my tactics would change alot.

kyle90802
01-07-2010, 11:48 PM
IE Copper that was my thoughts too i guess, I would never expect a waitress at hooters arresting anyone. No matter how well they did in the academy. None the less equality is here and thats how departments opperate. I am worried about my girlfriends feelings getting hurt if she goes in the southend. But she is a cop and should be mentally tough enough right?

avalon42
01-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Well it kinda shocked me when she told me another female she works with is 22 and used to work at hooters. Plus her english isnt great either. I dont know if i would feel confident working with a 22 year old former waitress at hooters as my partner.. Maybe im a little in left field.

Really? PM me the agency and I'll do my research for ya. :p

hbliam
01-08-2010, 01:41 AM
IE Copper that was my thoughts too i guess, I would never expect a waitress at hooters arresting anyone. No matter how well they did in the academy. None the less equality is here and thats how departments opperate. I am worried about my girlfriends feelings getting hurt if she goes in the southend. But she is a cop and should be mentally tough enough right?

Since you keep saying this over and over and over I must add...who gives a crap? It's a job. Everyone had a job before they became a cop. You can't judge someone based on where they formally worked.

WPD954
01-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I had a female partner for a couple years, she was short, an ex marine and the best back up I EVER had in fights.

mtxpro752
01-08-2010, 02:56 AM
There is a 4'10 female LAPD officer that works in South bureau and she could kick the sh*t out of most of the guys in her division.

I've seen some big 6ft 200lb male cops who weren't worth the polish (or lack of) on their boots.

It's all about the person, not their gender.

Five-0fromSoCal
01-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Woman make real good investigators. People seem to open up to woman a bit more. Woman can also use their sexuality to an extent to gain repor with people. This may seem wrong but many times they do it without even realizing. Woman also seem to be more determined in Police work. This may be because they want to prove themselves.

That said....

I wish that Police agencies were set up more like the military. As sexist as it may sound, I think that the streets are too dangerous for woman <ducks>. Sorry, it's just how I feel. Woman can get the job done on the streets, but a determined male crook, 9 times out of ten, would disarm and kill a female cop with ease. To be fair, the same determined male crook may accomplish the same thing with a male cop but the chances of that happening are alot less.

We have a female at my department that is a sweet heart, but has no fight in her. If she was sent to back me, and I knew that I needed a real back, I would ask for another unit. I need my back covered more than I need to not hurt someones feelings.

I hope that none of our females in blue take offense. If i was assigned a female partner I would work with her without argument, but my tactics would change alot.

I know some people might get offended, but I agree also with some things you said. It is what it is. Females just aren't as strong as guys. When I ask females who they want to work with or back them up in a physical situation, they always say a male copper.

Women usually don't last long in the streets also from what I've seen. They usually go to a specialized unit or a desk job. I've had female partners and they were very smart, but when it came down to it, I had to change my tactics a little bit. However, there are a couple of good size female Deps I've work with that definitely can handle themselves.

the batman
01-08-2010, 04:41 AM
wow...
doesn't matter what their gender or what previous job they've held in the past; good cops come from all walks of life and so do bad ones. i've worked with officers who are former military that i wouldn't want anywhere near my scenes. i've also worked with people who come from I.T/desk jobs that I would trust with my life...
female/male, former waitress/waiter...who cares as long as they get the job done and have the mindset and ability to protect themselves and me.

nataliej429
01-08-2010, 06:06 AM
"Partner" what the heck does that mean ???

I work the 2nd largest county in CA ( the 3rd largest in the country) SOLO. I cover a lot of area. Days arent too bad, you might have backup to you in about 10 minutes. Nights pray you can wait for about 45 minutes.

I am one of two Female Deputies in my department. I can tell ya a lot of women dont have what it takes to be in our spot. Some arent willing to try, and a lot that do fall out because they dont have what it takes. And thats ok, not everyone is cut out for this job.

But to the ones that have made it we have earned it like every man who wears the same badge as we do. Im in the fights in the back alleys, Im chasing suspects over fences and through barbed wire. Im rolling code to back up my brothers. I've taken my licks and had my ups and downs like every other cop out there. Both genders have strengths and weaknesses when it comes to this job that is a fact.

If I was to ever have a partner I would not care if they are either sex but only care if they had a good head on their shoulders and are willing to have my back.

SgtCHP
01-08-2010, 07:33 AM
n a side note, I have seen a number of men who couldn't perform well in Law Enforcement. I have had to work with partners that were useless and uncaring; overly aggressive and dangerous on the street; minimally fit and bordering on idiocy.

Being a cop takes a special breed of person. Not one who is overly muscled, but one who can think quickly, react with precision, write with ease, do the walk and talk the talk. A lot of women have that capability and make great officers.

Retired96
01-08-2010, 10:19 AM

I work the 2nd largest county in CA ( the 3rd largest in the country) SOLO. I cover a lot of area. Days arent too bad, you might have backup to you in about 10 minutes. Nights pray you can wait for about 45 minutes.

I am one of two Female Deputies in my department. I can tell ya a lot of women dont have what it takes to be in our spot. Some arent willing to try, and a lot that do fall out because they dont have what it takes. And thats ok, not everyone is cut out for this job.

But to the ones that have made it we have earned it like every man who wears the same badge as we do. Im in the fights in the back alleys, Im chasing suspects over fences and through barbed wire. Im rolling code to back up my brothers. I've taken my licks and had my ups and downs like every other cop out there. Both genders have strengths and weaknesses when it comes to this job that is a fact.

If I was to ever have a partner I would not care if they are either sex but only care if they had a good head on their shoulders and are willing to have my back.

You must work for Inyo County, as its the 2nd largest in Calif, and 3rd in the country.

just joe
01-08-2010, 10:46 AM
I'd rather have a female partner who is willing to do the job than a male partner who is not.

Five-0fromSoCal
01-08-2010, 11:02 AM

Our dept is well over 10,000 sworn. IMO, there are very few females that have earned it. The ones that have are aggressive and willing to mix it up if they have to. You're right, there are strengths and weaknesses to both genders. It's too bad that when a deserving and experienced female gets promoted or a specialized unit, guys are so used to seeing the unexperienced and undeserving female get the job due to our consent decree and quick to say she got it cause she's female.

240W1
01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
This day in age, I think some are okay at best. The departments would rather you take an *** wupin then you give one out, you got medical insurance and days off, the suspect will sue for millions, much cheaper to dump a deputy then pay out millions. So the hiring practices have turned toward that trend. I know a PSYCH for the department that will not and has not passed a marine or army grunt and says she will not!!

Now as far as back up, that depends rape victim, child abuse, send me a female. Remember back up doesn't always mean the **** is gonna hit the fan, now assistance call, send me what we have left of the big boys. Now you will always here, she does karate or she was a marine, SORRY... The 6'3" 240lb buffed out parolee, who has fought on the streets everyday of his life, I'm 6'4" 275 and he will kick my ***, if I don't use some sort of advantage or kill him!!

Sad fact , 90% or greater most women, join law enforcement for status or money, not to say some men don't but not near the percentile.

Ilikechocolate
01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
This day in age, I think some are okay at best. The departments would rather you take an *** wupin then you give one out, you got medical insurance and days off, the suspect will sue for millions, much cheaper to dump a deputy then pay out millions. So the hiring practices have turned toward that trend. I know a PSYCH for the department that will not and has not passed a marine or army grunt and says she will not!!

Now as far as back up, that depends rape victim, child abuse, send me a female. Remember back up doesn't always mean the **** is gonna hit the fan, now assistance call, send me what we have left of the big boys. Now you will always here, she does karate or she was a marine, SORRY... The 6'3" 240lb buffed out parolee, who has fought on the streets everyday of his life, I'm 6'4" 275 and he will kick my ***, if I don't use some sort of advantage or kill him!!

Sad fact , 90% or greater most women, join law enforcement for status or money, not to say some men don't but not near the percentile.

90% huh? must gotten that fact from wikipedia

EricDel
01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I know a PSYCH for the department that will not and has not passed a marine or army grunt and says she will not!!

That's hard to believe, that's discriminatory, same as saying I'm not hiring him because he's --insert race--

kyle90802
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Someone should tell LAPD that since they have been doing that for quite sometime.

This is the 7/09 class.

The Los Angeles Police Department will graduate 27 police officers, with 24 males and three females. The ethnic breakdown of the class is as follows: five Caucasians, 13 Hispanics, three African Americans, two Koreans, two Filipinos and two other Asians. Graduating officers have completed 912 hours of training over the course of 24 weeks.

I have a hard time believing only 5 white males were qualified out of 27.

John from Maryland
01-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I know a former Hooters waitress who joined the department when she was about twenty-two. She seems to do OK.

not5150
01-08-2010, 07:07 PM

Police work isn't all about chasing people and fighting.

If we follow your logic, let's do this

1. Only hire males
2. Must be 5' 8" and taller
3. Must be able to bench 250 pounds unassisted
4. Must be able to run a four minute mile
5. Intelligence optional

Oh btw, the people who fight the hardest aren't the big buffed out guys... it's the scrawny guys and gals.

LINY
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Both have their +'s and -'s it seems. If I'm in the projects getting my *** kicked I want someone who can fight dirty and help me, which is probably more likely to be a guy. If I'm handling a domestic or anything sensitive like a rape, a female is probably more helpful.

I'm not a LEO, but NYPD does the whole 2 person a unit thing. I'd want whoever is dedicated to their work, can fight with their mouth as well as physically, male or female, Obama Voter or McCain Voter. ;)

yellowreef
01-08-2010, 09:45 PM
I would agree with people bashing on female officers if there was a rule about fighting fair. This is not boxing, cops and bad guys don't have to be evenly matched. We have tools. Anyone with a certain degree of intelligence, a good head on their shoulders, good tactical frame of mind, and the willingness to use all the tools in their arsenal can do this job just as good as anyone else. The 240 pound parolee can be brought down by a small female officer using the right tools/tactics. More importantly, a smart officer (regardless of sex or build) would retain the advantage and not let such a person get a drop on them. Granted, **** happens. But a cop is a cop regardless, and I have worked with some outstanding female ones who I would trust with my life in a scrap any day.

With that said, the microscope is on female officers due to the lower percentage in the ranks. I think this is why the slugs stand out a lot more. If you look around though, there are plenty of male slugs not worth crap for backup either.

Coronth
01-08-2010, 09:49 PM
The best partner I have had was a female. I can see your concern with your gfs size and strength. Understand this, even in the south end, kicking *** is less than 1/100th of a cop's job and there are plenty of women who can kick ***.

GrndPnd0311
01-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Just to put it out there from the military side (since someone brought up how LE should be more like the military in regards to women)....

The reason for not allowing women to serve in an infantry capacity has very little to do with upper body strength and a** kicking capabilities. It has more to do with certain physiological aspects and 'cycles' that men do not go through. A patrol may have to set up a hasty ambush to overcome the enemy. This enemy may have a sentry dog. Said dog can pick up on that females 'cycle' scent. Ambush thwarted. There is also a study about the internal makeup of men playing the protector role and getting themselves killed in a firefight protecting a woman, but I am not so sure about the 'science.'

The short of it is... I dont care what race, gender, creed, super hero preference, etc.... if and when the S hits the fan as long as you can throw some bows and pull a trigger if need be until the cav arrives its all good. The main requirment that I would like in ANY partner is a brain and that they know how to use it. A black belt in verbal judo is always a plus.

Side Note: While I was a Range Coach more INFANTRY guys would go UNK than any of the female Marines I had come through.

240W1
01-08-2010, 10:22 PM
The best partner I have had was a female. I can see your concern with your gfs size and strength. Understand this, even in the south end, kicking *** is less than 1/100th of a cop's job and there are plenty of women who can kick ***.

Where? 12 years, 1000s of calls, 100s of fights I haven't found one.

nataliej429
01-08-2010, 10:24 PM
You must work for Inyo County, as its the 2nd largest in Calif, and 3rd in the country.

:cool:

240W1
01-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Police work isn't all about chasing people and fighting.

If we follow your logic, let's do this

1. Only hire males
2. Must be 5' 8" and taller
3. Must be able to bench 250 pounds unassisted
4. Must be able to run a four minute mile
5. Intelligence optional

Oh btw, the people who fight the hardest aren't the big buffed out guys... it's the scrawny guys and gals.

Sounds good to me , bring it up to ALADS please!!!!!! Oh and thank you for your BTW. I never knew scrawny, tweaker, PCP types put up fights thank you. I will be on the look out for this as I enter my 12th year in South Los Angeles.

barkalot
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
It's a long thread and I didn't want to read the whole thing, but did anyone bring up the study that supposedly said that women police officers tend to escalate to force more quickly? Not sure if it's true, since I've never directly worked with a women.

ICEAGENT
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM
I've had a few female partners, both as a fed and local. All were outstanding, no different than the guys. Granted, when it is time to get physical, its nice to have the 6 foot+ 200+ bruisers. But women can do this job just as well as men.

It's interesting working with females. They bring a different perspective to the job and they have a calming/charming effect on suspects. They can be very effective in flipping/manipulating sources which in my current position is a great skill. Also, as a generalization, I think women are more organized then men and are better at maintaining case files and paperwork.

DOAcop38
01-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Someone should tell LAPD that since they have been doing that for quite sometime.

... first off - not alot of Military folks avail. and the "bottom of the barrel" are a bunch of former Financial sector, white collar drones who are in need of a steady $60K/yr+. They are parlaying their " underwater basketweaving administration" degrees into showing the folks hiring ( mostly Civie personnel and Human resources mgm't folks) how "PC" and "smarter" they are than the typical H.S. grad knuckle dragger who applies is.

Now "IF" you were some desk riding,"9-5 " coffee mugging ,anti-police drone doing the hiring,who would you pick-the former military 6'0" buffed kid with an angry look and knuckle scars, or the 5'4" MOUSE who has the same background as you, and wants to "Be nice" to everyone...????

.....The ethnic breakdown of the class is as follows: five Caucasians, 13 Hispanics, three African Americans, two Koreans, two Filipinos and two other Asians. Graduating officers have completed 912 hours of training over the course of 24 weeks.

I have a hard time believing only 5 white males were qualified out of 27.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!"welcome" to the MINORITY:rolleyes:.BTW, guarantee you that quite a FEW of those "Hispanics" are Blue eyed,could care less about patrolling or serving an increasingly latino community, and couldn't speak a lick of spanish more than "uno taco por favor":mad:......

DOAcop38
01-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I've had a few female partners, both as a fed and local. All were outstanding, no different than the guys. Granted, when it is time to get physical, its nice to have the 6 foot+ 200+ bruisers. But women can do this job just as well as men.

It's interesting working with females. They bring a different perspective to the job and they have a calming/charming effect on suspects. They can be very effective in flipping/manipulating sources which in my current position is a great skill. Also, as a generalization, I think women are more organized then men and are better at maintaining case files and paperwork.

+1 !! Where I work, the some of the "ladies" often aren't much good in the occasional rough stuff,( with some of the younger ones AVOIDING IT all together), "but" if you get into something,I've haven't met many who won't stick by you unit, the "job is done". BUT I have been let done on far too many occassions by "so called" tough guy male officers. Things I never worry about with female partners:

1) ability to "comprehend" what needs to be done
2) ability to talk with people, and de-escalate situations
3) Ability to properly document incidents
4)desire to actually handle a call correctly

On the whole, I've seen more women in L.E. less likely to take shortcuts, are get lazy when challenged with a complex investigation,or fail to adapt to training than their comparable male counterparts. What I will say is that when you are working with a novice partner,or one with less experience and skills, you tailor your performance in the field to maximize the skills of your partner,and keep both of you safe....

DOAcop38
01-08-2010, 11:43 PM

in all fairness, "240"- women tend to "know their limitations", and from what I've seen, several recent OIS have been female officers putting down Aholes in the hood.remember, the recruits we are getting these days aren't the typical former military or jock types, BUT a bunch of xbox players,and "soft chair job" boys. They aren't anymore likely to help you fight a suspect than their 5'3" female counterparts.

One of my former trainees(now a Sgt) was involved with me in several ugly UOFs, including one that landed me in FED court- she thumped the crap out of a female "tweeker" at least 4 inches and 25 lbs heavier than her, when two male trainees got PUNKED by the same suspect, after a vehicle pursuit we had. The best thing about having female partners is at least they can actually SPELL and write a half way decent report!

What is needed is to get more "cops" into doing the hiring and selection(something thats probably a mere footnote in history now)

Five-0fromSoCal
01-09-2010, 01:29 AM

I agree, sometimes they do bring a different perspective to the job. However, I've seen too many times also when they try to over compensate and actually escalate issues. They try to act like they can whoop @$$ like the boys. Bottom line is, usually they can't. Not all women, but I've seen more than one do this. Granted, there are males that also do this.

I agree also, they are usually neater and more organized with their paperwork.

nataliej429
01-09-2010, 08:01 AM

yes a sad fact coming from some who is neither a sworn officer or employed by a law enforcement agency. I agree with Ilikechocolate...must be a wikipedia "fact".

p.s. I joined for the "money" LOL !!!!!!!

Blue Leader
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Natalie...if you check his profile and check out his occupation, I think he's a cop that doesn't think highly of his clientele. By the way, props to you for working that vast area. I know I wouldn't want to work a single officer unit out there. I always wonder how those CHP making stops on the 395 in the middle of the night passed their psych tests? :)

Blue Leader
01-09-2010, 12:01 PM
We had one female officer on my squad (now retired) who started this gig at age 35. She was about 5-4, 120 lbs and very attractive. She was married to a Navy pilot who also later joined our dept. Anyway, she wasn't the best street cop overall but she didn't shirk her responsibilities either. She was usually assigned as a (1) officer unit in the Logan Heights area (hood) of SD.

The amazing (and not so good part I was mentioning) was that she would frequently go out on FI's with (3) dope dealing dirtbags in the worst areas. We would go rolling over to cover her and she would literally have these guys on every side of her, sometimes laughing away. I know it was TERRIBLE officer safety but I assume she got away with it "because she was a girl" and a cute one at that. Any of these guys could have snapped her in two on their own but I can only remember one time she actually called for cover. My partner, also a decent looking female (and a very good cop), would always just shake our head when we heard her go out on stuff......and then head that way just in case :)

major g
01-09-2010, 02:44 PM
I've gotta tell ya, gender has nothing to do with it. I've had female partners that could destroy bigger stronger men in a fight and males that couldn't hold up their end without backup. it completely depends on the individual.

BCSD Frank
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
The single deciding factor in most physical confrontations, IMHO, is mental toughness. "Hell no, no matter WHAT happens, I am NOT going to lose!" There are men and women both, who have that kind of heart, guts, tenacity, and determination. There are men and women who don't.

Retired96
01-09-2010, 05:02 PM
I recall the first fight I ever got into with a female partner, she beat the holy poop out of a man that was twice her size and out weighed her by a 100 pounds. She never told me that she had 20 years of martial arts training. She was one of the best partners I ever had. That lady could have kicked King Kongs butt...

not5150
01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Natalie...if you check his profile and check out his occupation, I think he's a cop that doesn't think highly of his clientele. By the way, props to you for working that vast area. I know I wouldn't want to work a single officer unit out there. I always wonder how those CHP making stops on the 395 in the middle of the night passed their psych tests? :)

CHP Graveyard shifts are two-man cars (unless things have changed recently)

Perhaps the traffic stop in the middle of nowhere is a required part of the CHP psych interview. Right next to

1. Car exhaust smells a) horrible b) OK c) aerosoled nectar of the gods
2. Vehicle code is a) Divinely inspired legislation

:D

not5150
01-09-2010, 05:51 PM
When I went through my reserve levels, our instructor talked about a female deputy in Lancaster who basically split a guys head open.

Apparently she came from a prim and proper upbringing that didn't have curse words, yelling or any brutish behavior... first week on the street the training deputy and her are talking to a gang banger.

Said gang banger starts mouthing off with language that she's never heard before. Stuff like, "blah blah the stuff I'm going to do to you, etc etc". Oh her virgin ears! After a few seconds she can't take it anymore and turns into a samurai warrior.

In a single move, she swung her baton in a 45 degree upward arc from her belt and smacked the guy in the temple and he goes splat on the sidewalk in a pool of blood.

leif
01-09-2010, 06:32 PM
CHP Graveyard shifts are two-man cars (unless things have changed recently)

Perhaps the traffic stop in the middle of nowhere is a required part of the CHP psych interview. Right next to

1. Car exhaust smells a) horrible b) OK c) aerosoled nectar of the gods
2. Vehicle code is a) Divinely inspired legislation

:D

Who told, that's supposed to be CHP secret squirrel information.:D

nataliej429
01-09-2010, 07:26 PM

I apologize if I got it wrong but when I clicked onto his profile it very clearly said not working in the Law Enforcement Industry and not a Sworn Officer.

Regardless of his status I think the "facts" in his post were outrageous and laughable.

LawyerCop
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Is it just me or doesn't the original poster sound a little phony? I think its a scam question(er). Guess I am just a cynical old cop

240W1
01-09-2010, 08:52 PM
yes a sad fact coming from some who is neither a sworn officer or employed by a law enforcement agency. I agree with Ilikechocolate...must be a wikipedia "fact".

p.s. I joined for the "money" LOL !!!!!!!

You base this fact off of what, a message board profile. Gee I bet everyone puts down all there truthful info on the internet. WOW I'm impressed, you must be a detective. No wait your a defense attorney's dream!!!

240W1
01-09-2010, 08:57 PM
What is needed is to get more "cops" into doing the hiring and selection(something thats probably a mere footnote in history now)

AMEN DOA, thats the only thing I don't like about the newer processes, let people who know what it takes to be cops, hire cops!!!!!

moparfan
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
240W1 getting worked what a sad day....

Like some aid prior when the stuff hits the fan I dont care if ya stand or squat you better be able to throw blows and make sure we go home at EOW!! thats that, if you dont have my back then turn in your badge nd go back to Hooters.

Then again you can always use her for the DARE or SANE officer/dep at schools.

LA DEP
01-10-2010, 05:50 PM

100s of fights?....really?......

Because if you have been in '100s of fights' that means that you have '100s of documented UOF'..........and unless things have changed, if you get more than 10-12 UOF in 3-4 years, you get put on 'commanders force review'......where they tend to recommend that you either recieve remedial training or get sent back to custody.....

not5150
01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Who told, that's supposed to be CHP secret squirrel information.:D

Heh actually it was a gerbil working a Caltrans "gravy train"

not5150
01-10-2010, 06:54 PM

Because if you have been in '100s of fights' that means that you have '100s of documented UOF'..........and unless things have changed, if you get more than 10-12 UOF in 3-4 years, you get put on 'commanders force review'......where they tend to recommend that you either recieve remedial training or get sent back to custody.....

Well if he really does work in South LA, then maybe someone from this board can meet him at A+F.

nobodyjr
01-10-2010, 09:40 PM

Dear god. Half my division here would be f'd.

nataliej429
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
You base this fact off of what, a message board profile. Gee I bet everyone puts down all there truthful info on the internet. WOW I'm impressed, you must be a detective. No wait your a defense attorney's dream!!!

Awww I got a sweet talker on my hands here. Im not going to argue and throw cheap/ silly shots over the internet. Anyone can talk tough behind a computer screen. You can have your "facts" and opinions all you want, it doesnt change my views in the least.

and yes Lawyer Cop it does sound like a troll started this thread for the sake of drama.

Im done gents, I have to go 10-8 in a few and get crap done, enjoy your thread.

Se7en
01-10-2010, 09:55 PM

Really? Isn't that difficult to avoid? Heck, I work in a little town and we have some guys that get into fights a couple times a year... I can't imagine working in the "ghetto".

240W1
01-10-2010, 10:33 PM

5,675 posts?.... In 2 years really?....

LA DEP
01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
5,675 posts?.... In 2 years really?....

yup....I was bored for awhile......;)

nice way to deflect and not answer the question btw......

LA DEP
01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Really? Isn't that difficult to avoid? Heck, I work in a little town and we have some guys that get into fights a couple times a year... I can't imagine working in the "ghetto".

There is alot more to it, but they tend to give anyone with more than a 'reasonable' amount of non-directed UOF the hairy eyeball......

The problem being is that the 'reasonable' number seems to be pretty arbitrary, depending on which field ops region you are assigned to.....

Nikk
01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey I’m interested to see how many of you officers like having a female as a partner.

Never had one, but I've been one! :)

My girlfriend works for LAPD and i kinda get a mixed vibe. She told me she wants to work in south div and I kinda worried about her. She is 135lbs and 510. Do you guys think females make good officers and would trust them for backup?

Short answer: Yes. We rock! :D

DOAcop38
01-10-2010, 11:29 PM

....not according to the station "28" guys !! Let some of them tell it , if you ain't smacking someone DAILY, you ain't doing anything as a Dep !!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D Agree its not a good thing to get into alot of UOFs- too many of the desk commando mgm't types tend to frown on it, and I've been to roll calls at my own "house" where they have actually chided officers about going "hands on"( as in " I never did that ,and I made at least 2-3 arrests my entire career of 2 yrs as a patrol officer BEFORE I was "annointed" with my Sgt stripes...."). I think 240 is talking about the often occurring incidents of the "dogpile" on ol' Mr. or Mrs.rough and rowdy resistin' !

have actually seen officers- some female, but alarmingly nowadays ALOT of male officers, STANDING around when things go to the ground with fellow officers

DOAcop38
01-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Short answer: Yes. We rock! :D Whoa, there "Jane Wayne":D:D:D:D

you know darn well there are some "kewpie dolls" you'd NEVER ride with, just like there are some "Barnie Fyfes" you'd avoid!!! but I got to be honest ,a "good looking and squared away female partner"( okay even an avg looking one) is alot better than pushing a prowl car around with a scared doofus any day of the week....

Nikk
01-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Whoa, there "Jane Wayne":D:D:D:D

you know darn well there are some "kewpie dolls" you'd NEVER ride with, just like there are some "Barnie Fyfes" you'd avoid!!! but I got to be honest ,a "good looking and squared away female partner"( okay even an avg looking one) is alot better than pushing a prowl car around with a scared doofus any day of the week....

But hon you just said so yourself - there are ALSO the "Barnie Fyfes", which means it's the individual, not the gender. :) The question was "female officers as partners", if it had been "kewpie dolls as partners" my answer would have been different!

Nikk
01-10-2010, 11:57 PM

I promise if I get a male partner who was formerly a Chippendale, I won't hold it against him! lol

LA DEP
01-11-2010, 12:19 AM
....not according to the station "28" guys !! Let some of them tell it , if you ain't smacking someone DAILY, you ain't doing anything as a Dep !!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D Agree its not a good thing to get into alot of UOFs- too many of the desk commando mgm't types tend to frown on it, and I've been to rool calls at my on "house" where they have actually chided officers about going "hands on"( as in " I never did that ,and I made at least 2-3 arrests my entire career of 2 yrs as a patrol officer BEFORE I was annointed with my Sgt stripes...."). I think 240 is talking about the often occurring incidents of the "dogpile" on ol' Mr. or Mrs.rough and rowdy resistin' !

have actually seen officers- some female, but alarmingly nowadays ALOT of male officers, STANDING around when things go to the ground with fellow officers

Yeah...some places 'basehead rodeos' seem to be a weekly event.....:D

and I agree.....I would MUCH rather have someone that you sometimes have to grab by the collar and say 'BAD DEPUTY.....Give the tweaker his arm back!' than someone that you have to put a boot in their azz to get them into the mix.......boys or girls.....dont matter to me......

Goautl
01-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Here is my .2 cents: Female officers smell a whole lot better than male officers.....:D

Garbage Man
01-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Females are not inherently good cops. But then neither are males. Everybody has to change things About themselves to be a good cop. Females have to change different things than males. No one was born with a badge on.

I have been very impressed with some of the lesbian cops I have worked with. they seemed to have just the right mix of cynicism and compassion. And they love a good fight.

240W1
01-11-2010, 02:11 PM
[/I]). I think 240 is talking about the often occurring incidents of the "dogpile" on ol' Mr. or Mrs.rough and rowdy resistin' !

Right again DOA, and I never said I was involved in 100s of fights my statement just said 1000s of calls, 100s of fights. It did not say I HAVE PERSONALY been in 100s of fights. But I have rolled to 100s of fights or got there seconds after and never heard any mention of so so female wupin *** on everyone. SORRY I am sticking to that.

Glad DOA can read correctly, and you know what DOA since I feel your the only one comprehending, you know whats more odd is no one has made mention of my sister or wife both being cops. It's in my other threads. I think having such two close people in my life being female cops. I would have a little credit on my statements. Oh well!! I never said females shouldn't be cops I just simply answered the OP's answer on the back situation, IMO. Thats it didnt call anyone a P.O.S. or say DAMN all women cops go to hell.

240W1
01-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I promise if I get a male partner who was formerly a Chippendale, I won't hold it against him! lol

Damn your nice Nikk, cause if I get a female partner that was a former Hooters waitress, I'm gonna hold it against her alright!!! LMAO

DOAcop38
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Damn your nice Nikk, cause if I get a female partner that was a former Hooters waitress, I'm gonna hold it against her alright!!! LMAO

NOT if she brings you a platter of those slathered hotwings , and can hook you up with a pitcher of beer at EOW !!!!!:D ( always be nice yto your "Better" partners- it pays off in the end)

LA DEP
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Right again DOA, and I never said I was involved in 100s of fights my statement just said 1000s of calls, 100s of fights. It did not say I HAVE PERSONALY been in 100s of fights. But I have rolled to 100s of fights or got there seconds after and never heard any mention of so so female wupin *** on everyone. SORRY I am sticking to that.

ok...thats a better way of writing it.....

but you must still have writers cramp from having to write all of the those UOF supps from WITNESSING all those fights..:D...(I'm busting your chops btw)

SD Sheriff Recruiter
01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I used to be a Chippendale's dancer....I was tired of all these ladies grabbing my arse...lol:D