PDA

View Full Version : Actors that are cops?

BlacknWhite
09-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I found this on the internet....

so far most are checking out.
Jay Leno is a Special Police officer.

Steven Segal is also a Special Police officer.

Buddy Hackett was a police officer.

Gene Roddenbery, creator of Star Trek, worked for a time as an LAPD officer under Parker. Known for

his emotionless, relentlessly analytical style of management, Parker was said to have served as the

model for Mr. Spock.

Bobby Sherman is a LAPD reserve officer.

Elvis was a Captain of the Denver CO.PD along with countless appointment.

Eddie Haskel of "Leave it to Beaver" was a LAPD officer, he was even shot on duty, was it the Beav getting even?.

Chin Ho Kelly of Hawaii 5-0 was a real Hawaii police officer.

Al Capone brother James Capone was a Prohibition law enforcement officer and City Marshal.

TJ Hooker was a real LAPD officer

Nash Bridges was based on a real SFPD officer.

Dirty Harry was based on a real officer(Dave Toschi)and the story was based on a real bay area killer

Steve Mcqueen officer in the movie "Bullitt" was based also on inspector Dave Toschi.

Shaq is now a police reserve in Florida

Kent Mccord from Adam 12 is a Los Angeles Unified School District Officer in LA

Actor James Woods is a LAPD reserve.

La Toya Jackson is a police officer?

Dan Aykroyd is a Police Reserve Commander in the state of LA

BlacknWhite
09-06-2009, 08:37 AM
This thread was created because of the Seagal thread

BlacknWhite
09-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I think Erik Estrada is also a Reserve in Ohio....
I could be wrong.

btfp
09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I think Shaq got his status revoked.

When you say TJ Hooker, are you saying William Shatner or are you saying Shatner portrayed a cop who's name was TJ Hooker.

Speaking of that show, I'd love to have Officer Stacy Sheridan on my squad. For those that don't know, she was Heather Locklear.

ICEAGENT
09-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Wasn't Dennis Farina a Chicago cop?

orlandofed5-0
09-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Steve Wilkos is a former Chicago police officer.

Ten Six
09-06-2009, 11:45 AM
I think Erik Estrada is also a Reserve in Ohio....
I could be wrong.Muncie, Indiana PD. He and Latoya Jackson were a part of the "Armed and Famous" reality show. Estrada stayed with the PD, after the show was over.

Bobby Sherman is also a paramedic

katzeyze
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Just for Maricopa County. Sheriff Joe decided to take his two badges back after Shaq did a rap about Kobe Bryant.

He still has reserve status (I believe) in Florida.

jakflak
09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Chuck Norris is a reserve deputy, and "Big John" McCarthy from the UFC is with LAPD.

Taylor13
09-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Why does LAPD give all these stars PO status, when they've got good people that will actually be working the streets doing stuff, and arresting bad people, applying? Doesn't that stuff cost them big bucks?

ICEAGENT
09-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Why does LAPD give all these stars PO status, when they've got good people that will actually be working the streets doing stuff, and arresting bad people, applying? Doesn't that stuff cost them big bucks?

I bet you wouldn't say that to Chuck's face :D

Seriously, it's probably mostly political. Elected sheriff's sometimes like to hobnob with celebrities. It could be a PR boost for an agency to have a celebrity as a reserve. I don't think it really costs much, I think reserves usually pay for their own equipment and training and don't get a salary.

But yeah, I can't really see some of these celebs actually doing a shift. I did read a story about Shaq arresting some guys when he was on duty with the L.A. Harbor police.

LA Copper
09-06-2009, 02:30 PM

LAPD hasn't "given" anyone police officer status.

Bobby Sherman is an EMT and reserve officer, he doesn't work the field.

John McCarthy was a full time officer and part time UFC official. He's now a retired officer.

Gene Roddenberry was an LAPD motor officer before he retired and became a TV producer.

Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell) was a child actor before he joined the LAPD full time and was shot on two different occasions when he was a motor officer.

Jay Leno does a LOT of charity work and does Christmas parties for free for LAPD. He's kinda like an honorary member but is not sworn.

Kent McCord also does a lot of charity stuff for the department but is not sworn.

willowdared
09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Isn't Lou Ferigno (Hulk) reserve LASO?

Reserve officer's in California have to meet the same POST requirements as sworn.

ChiTownDet
09-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Dennis Farina was a Detective on CPD and left after about 17 years (and worked in a now defunct unit that "Crime Story" was patterned after). Very personable and does various Police-related fundraisers in Chicago. Wilcosz worked in Spec. Operations Sect. (formerly Gang Crimes Sect.) and was on the job about 10 years. Saw him on the street, but never met him.

I also remember reading some years back that Van Williams (The Green Hornet) was an LASD Reserve. Even had a pic in the article of him in his uniform, working.

Whenever Michael Mann does a movie in Chicago, he uses a lot of P/O's for extras and bit parts.
No actor that I know of (or anyone else for that matter) has ever been given either a sworn or honorary position on CPD.

DARE_SUPPORTER
09-06-2009, 03:03 PM
From what I have heard Ted Nuggent He has been a special deputy sheriff in Lake County, Michigan, since 1982 and he also has been a reserve deputy constable in McLennan County, Texas.

I found that on Wikipedia, but only I looked for it cause I saw on an MTV Cribs him showing off a truck with lights, sirens, and with nitrous Then he flipped out a wallet badge.

DARE_SUPPORTER
09-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Isn't Lou Ferigno (Hulk) reserve LASO?

Yes he is, but I googled him a found this little bit of info for you.

Ferrigno, who will serve at least 20 hours a month, suffered a partial hearing loss in childhood that will result in his being assigned to duties that likely won't result in his having to make arrests. Instead, he'll focus on helping recruit new deputies and work with the sheriff's Youth Activities League and the Special Victims Bureau, which assists abused children.

FLASOG
09-06-2009, 04:42 PM
The lead singer of the metal band Iced Earth quit the band after 9/11 and became a full time cop someone in the north east

Futurelaw89
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
8 time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman is/was a Arlington, TX police officer.

irishlad2nv
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Steven Segal is not a Special Police Officer, he is a Reserve Deputy for Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office and has been for many years.

mikeymedic
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Man I would love to work with the hulk.

DARE_SUPPORTER
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Steven Segal is not a Special Police Officer, he is a Reserve Deputy for Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office and has been for many years.

He has also done recruitment commercials with the Memphis, TN police department, I dont know what kind of affiliation he has with the dept, I just happened to see the video sitting with the director of police MPD.

Sense0Purpose1
09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
The lead singer of the metal band Iced Earth quit the band after 9/11 and became a full time cop someone in the north east

Matt Barlow-- is I still think a police officer in Georgetown, Delaware. But recently rejoined Iced Earth to do one album and that's it ?

jakflak
09-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Segal taught DT at his local police academy before he even became famous.

And Chuck Norris is a reserve in Texas, not LA.

phillyrube
09-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Gilbert R. Hill, who played Insp. Douglas Todd in Beverly Hills Cop, was a real detective in Detroit. He then became a city councilman.

Kieth M.
09-06-2009, 10:33 PM
TJ Hooker was a real LAPD officer

Actor James Woods is a LAPD reserve.

When I was a young police officer in Los Angeles, there was a veteran Central Traffic Division (CTD) Sgt. Tom Hooker. Years later, he did sue the production company saying that the show T.J. Hooker was based upon his life and career. If the suit made it past the initial stages, he lost - other than the name, there was no resemblance to TV's Hooker and Tom Hooker.

When I first heard this James Woods rumor, here on O.com, I immediately e-mailed an active duty employee (Lt.), with Woods' DOB. There was no James Woods on the LAPD roster. He may be/may have been a volunteer for his home division, West Los Angeles, but he is and was not an LAPD reserve P.O.

willowdared
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes he is, but I googled him a found this little bit of info for you.

Ferrigno, who will serve at least 20 hours a month, suffered a partial hearing loss in childhood that will result in his being assigned to duties that likely won't result in his having to make arrests. Instead, he'll focus on helping recruit new deputies and work with the sheriff's Youth Activities League and the Special Victims Bureau, which assists abused children.

I already knew about his hearing loss.

DARE_SUPPORTER
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I already knew about his hearing loss.

Me too.

DMS 525
09-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Chuck Norris was a military police officer in the Air Force, and had planned to become a police officer after his discharge from the military. He took up studying the martial arts when he got transferred to Korea, because he was tired of always nearly getting his butt kicked by drunks in bar brawls.

If I have my information straight, Ken Osmond("Eddie Haskell") was the LAPD's first recorded save from body armor.

janego10
09-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) ran for Sheriff of Aspen at one time and lost.

09-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Before I became a celebrity I was a USPP Officer.

orlandofed5-0
09-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Before I became a celebrity I was a USPP Officer.

Working in some shady studio in someback room in SE DC doesnt count.

thirdgod
09-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Ernie Hudson (Winston Zeddemore from Ghostbusters) is a reserve Deputy in California somewhere. When he did that show "10-8" that only was on for one season, where he played an LASD Deputy, the badge he wore was his own badge.

Kieth M.
09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
If I have my information straight, Ken Osmond("Eddie Haskell") was the LAPD's first recorded save from body armor.

There was a prior LAPD vest "save" BUT the shooting was later determined to be the officer trying to make himself look like a hero. He was later arrested and convicted of placing a pipe bomb on the bus carrying Turkish athletes at the end of the '84 Olympics.....again, to be "the hero."

Back to Ken Osmond, he also took a round in the middle of the belt-buckle of his Sam Browne. The bullet was stuck in the leather. Osmond did not complete 20 years with LAPD, he was pensioned off after the shooting. He thought that show biz was taking him back, with a "new" Leave it to Beaver show. Didn't happen.

Deputy Medic
09-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Robert Conrad (James West from The Wild, Wild West) was a deputy constable in some Colorado ski resort town.
Van Johnson (Britt Reid from The Green Hornet) was LASO reserve deputy.

Elvis had commissions everywhere, his wallet must have weighed thorty pounds.

MagnumPI
09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Elvis had commissions everywhere, his wallet must have weighed thorty pounds.

I love that picture of Elvis receiving his Fed badge from Nixon while being stoned out of his mind.

09-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Working in some shady studio in someback room in SE DC doesnt count.

Ouch that hurts.

11b101abn
09-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Ernie Hudson (Winston Zeddemore from Ghostbusters) is a reserve Deputy in California somewhere. When he did that show "10-8" that only was on for one season, where he played an LASD Deputy, the badge he wore was his own badge.

Too bad too. I enjoyed that show.

Maverick1701
11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
the singer Eddie Money is an ex-NYPD officer

I thought I read that chuck norris is (or was) a reserve officer up near denton, tx

KapsFB
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Doug Tracht; aka Greaseman; aka "Nino Greaseminelli" - once a fairly big time radio DJ here in the DC area was in fact a part time Falls Church VA Deputy Sheriff for a bit while he was in his broadcast heyday. Got canned after he made a racially derogatory remark on the radio about 12-13 years ago. Still on air somewhere I think.

USMARINE
11-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Just for Maricopa County. Sheriff Joe decided to take his two badges back after Shaq did a rap about Kobe Bryant.

He still has reserve status (I believe) in Florida.

Word on the street is that the Cuyahoga County Sherrif (Ohio) is thinking about appointing Shaq a special as long as he gets his reciprocity from FL. It's kinda fitting because if the Cavs keep playing like this, he'll need that job full-time!

nebraska_deputy
11-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Hmm good stuff to know.

nebraska_deputy
11-10-2009, 04:48 AM
-------------------------

TexasAggieOfc
11-10-2009, 06:43 AM
the singer Eddie Money is an ex-NYPD officer

I thought I read that chuck norris is (or was) a reserve officer up near denton, txI want to say that either Terrell PD or Kaufman County SO is carrying him

441A
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
So if you pulled one of these guys over drunk, would you give them Superstar PC? Or just "regular police" PC?

Lol. Sorry. Somebody had to ask.

Jk. Jk.

BAinCJ
02-02-2010, 02:22 AM
FORMER TEEN IDOL BOBBY SHERMAN UPDATE

http://www.bobbysherman.com/lapd.jpg
According to Bobby Sherman's web site, the image above is his LAPD Academy graduation photo.

http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2008/10/_0012_BobbySher_Mike_8622900_Max_full.jpg
Serving at an unidentified function for LAPD.

http://www.bobbysherman.com/sbob1.jpg http://www.bobbysherman.com/3603a.jpg http://www.bobbysherman.com/rialto30b.jpg
Also according to his web site, he is also "a full fledged San Bernardino Country Sheriff. He will be teaching CPR and First Aid classes."

I assume that he is a Deputy and not the Sheriff.

Would you believe that except for his graduation photo, he is in his mid 60's in all the other photos?
I wish I looked that good when I reach his age.
/

StainlessSteve
02-02-2010, 02:30 AM
I don't think Eddie Money made it out of academy............but LATOYA JACKSON...........WTF!!! :eek:

RM11
02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I also heard that chuck norris was in the dea?

Oddball-Six
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM

I was curious.

Apparently Shaq didnt lose his status in AZ when the restraining order was taken out on him by the lady in Georgia.

Most recently, he received a special deputy commission in the Cleveland area.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/29/crimesider/entry5448547.shtml

Another point of interest, Chuck Norris has an online column!
http://www.humanevents.com/search.php?author_name=Chuck+Norris

BCSD Frank
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd rather watch a show featuring Chuck Norris than that huge Adam-Henry, Steven Siegal. Hrmph...

Group9
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
I also heard that chuck norris was in the dea?

No, he's a reserve officer in Texas, somewhere. But, apparently, he actually goes out and works.