View Full Version : Pc 832.2

08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Greetings all,

Im new here and would like to know if any one knows where to get the PC 832.2 cert. I need to take it. I did a search and could not find...

I need to take it in los angeles if possible, however, i will drive if need be..

thanks and be safe


08-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Community Colleges offer the course, El Camino College near Torrance or West LA college.

08-11-2009, 01:46 PM
i see pc 832 but not pc 832.2....at elcamio college

08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I think Rio Hondo has a PC 832 class. Called up Barbara Keith at (562) 908-3406 and ask. Orange County Sheriffs in conjunction with Santa Ana College has a relatively fast 832 course. I believe it took me a month for both firearms and laws of arrest, but this was maybe 6 yrs ago. Here's the course list for OCSD. Next class begins Sept 1.


08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
i see pc 832 but not pc 832.2....at elcamio college

PC 832.2 is the requirement of a school police reserve officer. PC 832 gives you the authority.

08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
rgrtht...I already have all of the PC 832 Modules I,II,III.....i work schools and need PC 832.2. I already called rio hondo and they do not offer this course....

08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Now it maybe that I'm not well versed in a school police officer but it sounds like you have your POST certificate. At most take a school resource officer course like the one offered at Ben Clark. According to Education Code 38000(b) this is the requirement to be a school officer:

prior employment as a peace officer or completion of any peace officer training course approved by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.

What school district is this for? LASchoolcop can might be able to answer your questions. I remember having school cops in my 832 class.

08-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Compton Unified...

actually, i was just looking at the PC 832.2 for training/resume and in my search found the compton job....slim chance but worth it...

08-12-2009, 01:04 AM
I think you are talking about the 40 hour campus law enforcement course. I dont know if anyone is offering it right now. Often times OCSD offers it through Santa Ana College, but I dont think they are offering it right now. Corbin offers the POST approved basic SRO course also, I think there is one coming up. Are you applying for the Compton Sgt. job?

08-12-2009, 03:52 AM
erich are you talking about sb1626? i think its less than 40 hours....

Im talking about PC 832.2 reserve school police officer....

Thanks for the info erich

08-12-2009, 04:08 PM
My academy buddy got hired by CUSD straight out of the academy (Extended format) so I don't understand why you'd have a problem being a Reserve officer with them. I would submit an application and have them point you to the direction for training. Ben Clark does have a SRO course but:

Pre-requisite: Must currently be employed by a City, County, State or Federal Law Enforcement Agency.

08-13-2009, 10:47 PM

campus LE course


school resource officer

both have to be current LE though...

08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I saw those...most are 832.3 and SRO...i think a lowly guy like myself can take the 832.2....thanks for the info

08-14-2009, 09:48 PM
according to the POST website:

As of July 1, 2000 - Every school police reserve officer, appointed on or after this date, is required to complete the Campus Law Enforcement Course within two years of the date of first appointment.

the course:


good luck.

08-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Hell, i dont know, all i know is that some of the jobs i have looked at require PC 832.2..

thanks for all the info....i really appreciate it...thanks sgttom