PDA

View Full Version : U Turn?

NorwichCadet
06-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Can somebody clarify this for me. U-Turns do not have any right away? Say that yuo are at an intersection. You are in the left turning lane. The Left Turn arrow lights up. And yuo decided to make a U-Turn. But while making the U-Turn.....on the perpendicular intersection a vehicle is making a right turn on red.

VTlawman
06-28-2009, 10:30 AM
People making a right on red need to yield to vehicles in the intersection.

SgtScott31
06-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Can somebody clarify this for me. U-Turns do not have any right away? Say that yuo are at an intersection. You are in the left turning lane. The Left Turn arrow lights up. And yuo decided to make a U-Turn. But while making the U-Turn.....on the perpendicular intersection a vehicle is making a right turn on red.

Normally this is why intersections have "no U-Turn" signs. In my opinion the person conducting the U-Turn should yield. In TN, U-Turns are illegal when (a) it is posted or (b) it interferes with normal traffic flow. I think it could go either way depending on who entered the intersection first. If the right on red driver has already pulled in and driver #2 conducts a U-Turn and hits driver #1, he will be at fault.

catch um and ba
06-28-2009, 11:52 AM

If you had the green arrow and there was not a no u turn sign, you have the right away...

Sled
06-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Didn't you ask this same question in March on the NY forums?

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117298

NorwichCadet
06-29-2009, 12:07 AM
yes i did but it wasn't to clear about the first part of the last post. So basically it states that the person making the u-turn on the left green arrow doesn't have the right away to the guy making the right on red?

VTlawman
06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Judging by your user name, I am assuming you are a cadet at Norwich University in Vermont. If that is the case, you really are not going to have to worry about this scenario unless you are in Chittenden County, because the roads here are not of sufficient width to properly perform a U-turn.