PDA

View Full Version : Mass. State Police Exam results...

MetsDevilsfan
04-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Hi, i took the Massachusetts State Police Exam on Saturday morning and was wondering if anybody knows about how long i should expect to wait to find out my score and the results? Nobody i asked at the test site had any idea. Not that i want to work in Mass. necessarily but it would be nice to know when i can expect to find out how well i did and whether or not i'll have any chance of getting notified for employment down the line at all from this. Anyone have any information regarding how long it typically takes?

PhilipCal
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
The only agency I can address with any authority is my own. The Alabama Department of Public Safety has a pretty lengthy hiring process. All Alabama Merit System Exams(Civil Service) are administered by the Alabama Personnel Dept. Written test results typically take six to eight weeks. That's six to eight weeks of waiting for you. It's possible the wait could be a little more or less, but the six to eight figure is usually pretty accurate. Whether or not this time frame is applicable to Mass, I really can't say.

MetsDevilsfan
05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
The only agency I can address with any authority is my own. The Alabama Department of Public Safety has a pretty lengthy hiring process. All Alabama Merit System Exams(Civil Service) are administered by the Alabama Personnel Dept. Written test results typically take six to eight weeks. That's six to eight weeks of waiting for you. It's possible the wait could be a little more or less, but the six to eight figure is usually pretty accurate. Whether or not this time frame is applicable to Mass, I really can't say.

Thanks for the reply, anyone else have any information on this? Mass is a billion dollars in debt for this year so i don't like the chances of getting on up there(which is fine) but i'd just like to see my score and how well i did on it so i know where i'll stand when Jersey has the State Police Test again. The waiting sucks lol.

WNEC09
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
90 days approximately

MetsDevilsfan
05-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Awesome, thanks a lot for clearing that up. See ya at graduation in a week lol

MSPintern
02-14-2010, 06:05 AM
scores out tuesday GL

MetsDevilsfan
02-14-2010, 06:23 PM
scores out tuesday GL

Jesus Christ talk about an old thread lol. Is this definitely official? I mean we only paid $100 bucks to take this and it's only been 9 F---ING MONTHS WITH ZERO UPDATES AND ZERO ANSWERS. Glad to see Mass is really on the ball with grading a multiple choice test and getting the results back within a year. Quite impressive.:rolleyes:

MetsDevilsfan
02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
90 days approximately

Yeah that happened.

District B 13
02-14-2010, 07:49 PM
I can't believe that people pay to take a civil service test. Guess the MSP got their budget now....

MetsDevilsfan
02-14-2010, 08:06 PM
I can't believe that people pay to take a civil service test. Guess the MSP got their budget now....

I was still up at school in Mass last year and figured what the hell why not take it. Had i known the incompetence and disgraceful job they would do with getting the results(or any answers at all!!) back i would've waited for 3 weeks later and after graduation flipped the state off as i drove back home.

MetsDevilsfan
02-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Also i wish i would have known before taking the test that considering how many officers have been laid off and are waiting to be rehired as well as how horrendous their budget is i would have essentially zero chance i would have just saved my money and time. $100 a person X 20,000 or so test takers and you do the math on this one. Giving the test when they knew most would not be hired off of it. Total money maker for the state. Absolutely disgraceful. Though alot of states up here charge for Civil Service Tests, i know Jersey does though our Civil Service Test was pushed back until this fall now so they haven't yet opened up the signup process yet. It's a ***** move to charge for it but that's what most states do up here unfortunately. If they can fleece a few extra bucks out of the test takers why not do it.:mad: And since that's what most agencies hire off of there's not much alternative.

MSPintern
02-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Scores were delayed because of a civil suit. Last MSP exam was 7 years ago i think? Who knows how long till the next trooper exam after this one

MetsDevilsfan
02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I had a nasty post all ready to go but it's just not worth getting banned right now so i'll end by saying that it was very inexcusable to give the applicants the run-around for months and keep everyone in the dark as to what was happening. With that said i finally have my results and am VERY pleased with them so i guess better late than never!

MetsDevilsfan
02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Btw when can we expect the eligibility list to be established? 2012? 2015?

JAK23
02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I took the test and got a 93. Anyone willing to share their score?

MetsDevilsfan
02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I took the test and got a 93. Anyone willing to share their score?

MSPintern
02-16-2010, 07:12 PM

94 here

Green_Latern21
02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I got a 95.

I think people are going to need Vet points to put them over, that is if they actually hire from this list.

I'm from PA, I'm hoping some of you more familiar with MA could help me out.

I have no LEO experience but would like to move to MA for personal reasons (wife). Is this test good for all police departments in MA? If so, do how do I apply? Is there a vacancy list out there?

PA has a self-sponsored system for the academy (other than state police and a few larger cities), is MA like that? Can I just apply to PD's throughout the state?

Thanks for the help!

1234hey
02-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Green_Latern21. To be a police officer within a civil service department you would need to move to that town/city and claim residency after one year, which will put your score ahead of those who do not have residency. There are civil service departments as well that do not require residency, more specifically the MBTA. Other departments will have there own testing process. You can self-sponsor to get an academy under your belt, but there's a process to that. This could be a good move because some departments (campus pd, etc..) will require an academy certification just to apply. There's obviously more to this and I would suggest signing up on masscops.com and reading through Massachusetts HRD (http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=afagencylanding&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Employment%2c+Equal+Access%2c+Disability&L2=Oversight+Agencies&L3=Human+Resources+Division&sid=Eoaf). Be careful on masscops before you start asking questions. Search the forum extensively first. It's extremely difficult to get on anywhere here and you need to weigh your age and desire before continuing. Good luck!

sdhatch
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
i got a 100, with 5 vet points

SgtCHP
02-17-2010, 06:52 PM
We don't charge a fee to take the exam for the CHP. It is all free! Of course, the wait of late appears to be 18 months or more for call up once the BI and other tests are completed. But, hey, if you want the job, it is well worth the wait.

Good luck in MA!

Wrangler81
02-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Ha. Remember taking and getting a 100 on that MA Test 3-4 years ago... haven't heard a word since...

sdhatch
02-22-2010, 05:44 PM
The last academy class graduated in 2006. It's been 4 years, I would think they need some troopers

JI603
02-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Took the last test in 2002. Got a 97 and then added vet points to that. It wasn't until Nov of 04 that I got an offer for the 77th RTT. Good luck to you guys waiting.

NAT122
10-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Last class 2006, short about 400-500 troopers now. Awaiting Gov.Patrick to release the funds. Has been "rumors" circulating that a class is in 2011 but it's just that, rumors. But whenever it happens, it's gonna be a big class.