PDA

View Full Version : FLETC sit and reach question

Dwessel
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
How do they score Sit and Reach there?

I have looked online for Sit and Reach tests, and it seems like there is more than one way to score it. From what I understood if you can touch your toes you have a 15, and your score goes up by 1 for every inch you can reach past your toes.

Any help guys?

Thanks.

CHItoDC
03-04-2009, 11:49 PM
How do they score Sit and Reach there?

I have looked online for Sit and Reach tests, and it seems like there is more than one way to score it. From what I understood if you can touch your toes you have a 15, and your score goes up by 1 for every inch you can reach past your toes.

Any help guys?

Thanks.

The whole sit and reach test is based on the President's Council for Physical Fitness test developed back in the day when Arnold was in charge. In many cases they use a sliding block that you push with your fingertips. A score of 15 is basically you toes, and it goes up for every inch past.

For my PFT that was the measure used, and I am under the assumption that it would be the same in the future.

copter
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
My last PEB is tomorrow morning, I'll look on the measuring devise and let you know Friday eve.
I'm pretty sure you are correct 15" at the toes.

Dwessel
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys.

Working on the flexibility... my goal is to be at 17 (at least) by the end of the summer.

BD380
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
15" is indeed at the toes.

Dwessel
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Hy BD380,

PFPA has a sit and reach requirement of 17, is this correct? I can't remember where I heard that for the life of me, but for some reason that number stands out in my head.

Thanks.

BD380
03-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Hy BD380,

PFPA has a sit and reach requirement of 17, is this correct? I can't remember where I heard that for the life of me, but for some reason that number stands out in my head.

Thanks.

The PEB requirements are age and gender specific.

CHItoDC
03-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Hy BD380,

Thanks.

The requirements for PPD are the same as the basic standards for FLETC, which can be found on their website.

I'm in my late 20s and I had to reach to 17 inches and change. A female of comparable age had to reach to 19 inches.

copter
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
15" at the toes is correct. I worked on my sit and reach for a few months before FLETC and was surprised I was able to do 19.75" at age 55.
You shouldn't have any problem if you stretch every morning.