PDA

View Full Version : off duty work in Davidson County

safadoretornado
01-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get some more off duty work and there isn't a lot available in Wilson County where I work. I live in Davidson County and was wanting to know what is available. My department doesn't care if I work out of my county as long as I don't use my patrol car. What is available? Is it earmarked mostly for Metro officers only or do they care? How much does it usually pay in Metro? Our stuff is usually 20-30 an hour.

stand_by_one
01-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get some more off duty work and there isn't a lot available in Wilson County where I work. I live in Davidson County and was wanting to know what is available. My department doesn't care if I work out of my county as long as I don't use my patrol car. What is available? Is it earmarked mostly for Metro officers only or do they care? How much does it usually pay in Metro? Our stuff is usually 20-30 an hour.

several of my davidson county sheriff's office transportation deputy friends work for a company called special security. they pay them $20/hour to work at the various krogers. at night, they're out there something like 11pm-4am... and on the weekend they're out there all afternoon and all night. they seem to always be short handed, so it shouldn't be too hard to get on. the dcso guys aren't even officially police like you, so i'm sure they'd be quite interested in hiring you :)

Special Security Services
418 Harding Industrial Dr
Nashville, TN 37211
(615) 834-3783

TNFROST
01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Hayes and Associates lets out of county officers work for them....$25 an hour. Also Apex Security.

chevy5150
01-22-2009, 07:26 PM
those are all good ones. I sent you a pm about another.

Also check with Lloyd Poteete, he does alot of traffic work. I don't have his number anymore, but maybe somebody on here does.

TNFROST
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Lloyd Poteete 615-973-5512

http://www.hayessecurityonline.com/index.php