PDA

View Full Version : Monticello, IL police department ?s

runningcode
09-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know anything about this department? Are they a union department? Turnover rate and etc. They are testing and I am thinking about it, but want to make sure its a reputable place. Any information would be helpful. Thanks :)

10-Roger
09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
From the Monticello PD Website -Officers
Six full time and three part-time officers make up the Monticello Police force. All are skilled in rapid deployment, rifle, shotgun, handgun, taser use and instruction, police photography, and crime scene investigation. Five officers also serve as the TRIAD and juvenile officers.

In February of 2007, Officer Jim Nayonis was promoted to Deputy Chief of Police by Chief Miller and the Monticello City Council.
Equipment
The Police Department fleet consists of eight fully equiped Chevrolet Impalas; three of which were purchased in 2003. The department owns two Automatic Defibrillators to provide first response care to aid Kirby Ambulance Service and the Monticello Fire Department. In 2007, the Monticello Police Department added an EMS mobile command trailer to its inventory.

I don't know anything about the department but I know the Deputy Chief. He would not be part of anything that wasn't top notch. He was a bit of a mentor to me when I was getting into the profession. The town is pretty nice. Lots of people from Champagin and Decatur call it home to be out of the larger cities. I also think they have really good schools.

10-Roger
09-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Surprised there were not more responses to this.