300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meg4fun327

HCC Law enforcement Academy

I was wondering if anyone has gotten hired by HCSO and will be starting the SOT and the Academy the very beginning of August?
  • FiveFive6ix
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2008

I start the academy at HCC in August as a self-sponsor...

I though HCSO had their own academy, or do they just conduct their academy at the HCC campus?

Comment

• meg4fun327

Well to be honest i do not know. Either one may be correct. If im wrong i think they might conduct their academy at HCC.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• JeffreyJr
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2007

I currently attend a academy at HCC and Hillsborough county has there own seprate academy from the regular class academy. I know Class 804(might be wrong on class number) starts August 18th...And there orientation is next week sometime. And thats just a basic self sponsor class.

Comment

• Noob
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2008

Hey meg4fun, How long did it take them to call you for your first interview after your got your pin and completed the online application? How long did the entire process take from day one to getting hired to go to the academy?

Comment

• meg4fun327

Im still waiting final confirmation to start the sot or the academy. From the time i filed the application with the pin, i would say a week or so since i did personally go in and introduce myself with paper work necessary. Since then, its been 2-3 months that the process has been in going.

Comment

• Noob
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2008

A week to go in and get an initial interview is fast. What kind of questions they ask? what do they tell you in the end of the meeting? do they set up the poly test or phsyc dates then? Do they hint if they like you or are interested at all in hiring you? I am waitting for the call too. BTW are you doing LE or corrections? I applied for detention deputy academy for Nov/Dec start date.
              Last edited by Noob; 07-29-2008, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• meg4fun327

Im going out for the LE deputy position. Basically at the initial its a bunch of questions about your application and seeing if all information is correct and accurate. Its like a job interview but just not as demanding. About the hinting part, i mean i cant really respond to that. Its different for everyone. He does call you back or might tell you at the moment to go take the poly either one. But everyone process varies so dont just count on what im telling you

Comment

• Noob
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2008

Thanks for reply. You know that form you got where you had to list I think it was 4 nieghbors for reference including their #'s I didn't care too much for that. I just moved into a new house in a new subdivision where I know no one and I had to knock on doors to get personal contact info, I felt wierd doing that. lol now when they see me its like how's the job comming along.
                  Last edited by Noob; 07-29-2008, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• meg4fun327

Oh believe me man, i know the feeling. Most ppl would just reject me and kinda think im some kinda strange person walking up to there residences and asking for personal info. I did get them though, make sure you get all of them filled in because beleive it or not they do double check to see if they are accurate. Good luck bro with your process. Dont hesitate to ask if you need to

Comment

• Noob
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2008

Second week no call yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21302 users online. 56 members and 21246 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...