• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigcop97
    You are next...
    • Feb 2005

Carrying Taser

I just wanted some opinions on this.

I cant get comfortable with my taser on my belt, it is either digging right into my ribs when I sit or it is hanging over my radio. ( I know, the joys of a dutybelt with to much stuff on it )

We wear Cargo pants. Lately I have been carrying it in the outside pocket of my cargo pant... its small and fits perfectly right into it... anyone else do this ?

I think this can have good and bad sides. It is not in a holster so weapon retention is out the door, but then again it is secured in my pocket so the bad guy wont know I have it. I can draw it more conspicuosly, but not quite as fast... etc...

Whats you opinion, my administration thinks its ok..
    Retired 02/01/13
  • ArkansasFan24
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2006

I used the plastic holster that came with the TASER, and I often found the clip on the back of it would rub my hip bone. Great terminology I know. However, that didn't bother me everyday. I don't know why. I went through phases where I didn't wear it at all, or I would only clip it on when dispatched to calls where I thought a TASER might be especially handy. Eventually, I got to where I would just put the thing in my pocket when I thought it would be needed. Finally I got to the point where I just left it in the car so one day on a whim I put it back on my belt. Later that night a knife wielding weirdo decided he wanted to cut himself and then run at me and another officer with his knife so I zapped him. If I hadn't put it on that night I would've shot the guy and probably killed him. That put me into a spell where I started wearing it again, and then once again I got complacent and stopped. They're just not comfortable are they? Ours also had that humongous camera mounted on the bottom of the handle which made them even more akward to carry.

Comment

• NinjaCop

I wear my Taser on my left side and reversed the holster for a left-handed draw so as to leave my weapon hand free. I've never had a problem with it rubbing and I can draw it pretty fast.

Comment

• ASUMach1
        761.2 Miles Per Hour
        • Feb 2005

If you don't want to wear it on your duty belt our agency authorizes the thigh rig holster for Taser. Also not sure if you can wear outter vest/carriers, but that's where I wear mine. it sits on the left side of my chest in a cross draw.
        Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25983 users online. 66 members and 25917 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...