NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD on the way.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackdog F4i
    Oh no, it's da Po-Po
    • May 2006

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD on the way.

For those of you who have been wondering about this rifle, I have one on the way.

I will be posting up an initial review on my website when I get it in. This will be the base for my "Budget Tactical" build series. The intent is for me to provide an outline for a new tactical shooter to follow to build out a competitive rifle without mortgaging the house. I figured I needed a lower end review to balance out the AI AE MkII review.

If I can get Savage to play ball, I may do a Savage 10 based version later in 2011.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets
  • yangsTa
    Infantryman
    • Jun 2008

Thing looks SAAWWEEEEEEET!
    RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

• Blackdog F4i
      Oh no, it's da Po-Po
      • May 2006

No scope or suppressor included...unfortunately.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

• Reedo
        Una Stamus
        • Nov 2009

I hate living in a state where Suppressors are illegal. Nice review idea, John!
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
        -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• syphon157
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2007

nice except some Remington 700's are faulty and fire without pulling the trigger, hope yours isnt one of them

Comment

• Surf
            24/7/365
            • Sep 2007

My SPS is a solid .75 MOA shooter right out of the box with a 10X Swarovski on it. A buddy has one also. He changed stocks and bedded it and it is a consistent .5 MOA with a smallest group in the low .4's. We are shooting 168gr FGMM ammo. The bonded 175 gr Black Hills is around .85-.9 MOA range out of my rifle.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

• Blackdog F4i
              Oh no, it's da Po-Po
              • May 2006

Originally posted by syphon157
              nice except some Remington 700's are faulty and fire without pulling the trigger, hope yours isnt one of them
              Do you believe everything you read?

I am a Remington armorer and well aware of the disinformation campaign that CNBC tried this year and also what the "real" issue with the "old" trigger. The rifle that I will be receiving does not even come equipped with a Walker designed trigger. Most 700's have been equipped with a version of the X-Mark since it was introduced in 2006.

Not to mention the fact that the trigger that the Anti's would lead you to believe is so faulty is in EVERY SINGLE Remington 700 in use by US Military Snipers since Vietnam. Kind of amazing that we never had any issues with them then, isn't it?

Comment

• Blackdog F4i
                Oh no, it's da Po-Po
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Surf
                My SPS is a solid .75 MOA shooter right out of the box with a 10X Swarovski on it.
                My SPS-Varmint action has been a solid performer. I am going to be interested to see how the AAC-SD performs since it uses a new 1:10 barrel. Interesting enough they also mark the receivers differently. I am not real fond of that because I had considered using the receiver for my M40A1 when I was done with the AAC-SD. I guess if it got to that point I could just trade it.

Comment

• Reedo
                  Una Stamus
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i

I am a Remington armorer and well aware of the disinformation campaign that CNBC tried this year and also what the "real" issue with the "old" trigger. The rifle that I will be receiving does not even come equipped with a Walker designed trigger. Most 700's have been equipped with a version of the X-Mark since it was introduced in 2006.

Not to mention the fact that the trigger that the Anti's would lead you to believe is so faulty is in EVERY SINGLE Remington 700 in use by US Military Snipers since Vietnam. Kind of amazing that we never had any issues with them then, isn't it?
                  Yeah, Remington debunked the whole expose as being false. I do believe they will be taking legal action at some point, too. The slam-fires that were happening were a result of people modifying their triggers too light, or from major neglect of weapons maintenance and cleaning to the point where the weapon was damaged from rust or debris. It's funny how no one has been able to duplicate the malfunctions that CNBC reported were occurring. And further, not a single one of those alleged malfunctioning weapons has ever been sent in to Remington to be repaired. I would assume that is because whoever has the slam-fire issues probably doesn't want Remington to see the hack-job that was done to the unsafely modify the weapon outside of specs.

Don't get caught up drinking the Kool-Aid. CNBC is owned by the same company as NBC and PMSNBC; all of which are outspokenly liberal news outlets that have lots of bias. There was an obvious malicious agenda constructed to discredit one of the largest rifle manufacturers in the world. Anti-gunners at their best. They can't win with logic, reasoning or facts, so they will play to emotions by telling lies that people will think are real.

Give Blackdog some credit. He knows what a good rifle is, and wouldn't use a POS.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                  -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• syphon157
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2007

And isn't it amazing that I said "SOME" are faulty? Guess you are stuck on the Remington way...
                    Last edited by syphon157; 11-30-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• syphon157
                      Forum Member
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Reedo
                      Yeah, Remington debunked the whole expose as being false. I do believe they will be taking legal action at some point, too. The slam-fires that were happening were a result of people modifying their triggers too light, or from major neglect of weapons maintenance and cleaning to the point where the weapon was damaged from rust or debris. It's funny how no one has been able to duplicate the malfunctions that CNBC reported were occurring. And further, not a single one of those alleged malfunctioning weapons has ever been sent in to Remington to be repaired. I would assume that is because whoever has the slam-fire issues probably doesn't want Remington to see the hack-job that was done to the unsafely modify the weapon outside of specs.

Don't get caught up drinking the Kool-Aid. CNBC is owned by the same company as NBC and PMSNBC; all of which are outspokenly liberal news outlets that have lots of bias. There was an obvious malicious agenda constructed to discredit one of the largest rifle manufacturers in the world. Anti-gunners at their best. They can't win with logic, reasoning or facts, so they will play to emotions by telling lies that people will think are real.

Give Blackdog some credit. He knows what a good rifle is, and wouldn't use a POS.

Maybe you didnt watch the whole episode, Consumer Reports was able to make the rifle fire several times without pulling the trigger.

Comment

• Blackdog F4i
                        Oh no, it's da Po-Po
                        • May 2006

And isn't it amazing that I said "SOME" are faulty? Guess you are stuck on the Remington way...
                        You said "some" in reference to my posting about a new rifle that does not even use the same type of trigger system.

So what was your intent other than to spread misinformation propagated by an openly anti-gun media outlet.

"I" have gotten a M700 to fire without pulling the trigger. It happens if you have gotten the trigger pull too light and the sear engagement to little on the OLD pre-2006 trigger. If you know what you are doing you will find it during the SAFETY CHECK and fix the problem.

Rather than me running down how many ways CNBC was wrong, I will just point you towards Remington's rebuttal and kindly ask you not to muck up my thread since there are already other threads specifically addressing this issue:

This website is for sale! remington700.tv is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, remington700.tv has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

If you would like to add to the discussion about the new Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD I welcome your continued participation.

Thank you.

Comment

• 11b101abn
                          • Oct 2006

I would like to add to the discussion about how you are going to pack that fine intrument of warfare up and send it to me.

Seriously though, that is one sweet blaster. Well done. Look forward to your review.

You said "some" in reference to my posting about a new rifle that does not even use the same type of trigger system.

So what was your intent other than to spread misinformation propagated by an openly anti-gun media outlet.

"I" have gotten a M700 to fire without pulling the trigger. It happens if you have gotten the trigger pull too light and the sear engagement to little on the OLD pre-2006 trigger. If you know what you are doing you will find it during the SAFETY CHECK and fix the problem.

Rather than me running down how many ways CNBC was wrong, I will just point you towards Remington's rebuttal and kindly ask you not to muck up my thread since there are already other threads specifically addressing this issue:

If you would like to add to the discussion about the new Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD I welcome your continued participation.

Thank you.

Comment

• Blackdog F4i
                            Oh no, it's da Po-Po
                            • May 2006

Make a run up this way and you can take a turn on any of the girls in the stable.

Comment

• Zach Smith
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2009

Awesome rifle. I am not jealous, but hopefully sometime next year I can get one in my hands.

I also was bored enough to watch the CNBC special on Remington and what I found ammusing is that most of the lawsuits were filed because of injuries incurred from supposed weapon malfunctions.

First of all, why were they pointing the weapon at someone while closing the bolt? Thats violating the primary firearm safety rule.

Second, how can you prove their weapon malfunctioned rather than a simple slip of the finger? Obviously they are poorly trained to be pointing the weapon at someone to begin with. There credibility as a marksman goes out the window at that point in my opinion and it becomes questionable if their handling of any rifle would produce similar results. I'd have handed them a rifle and just asked them to handle it for a few minutes and count the number of times their finger contacts the trigger. Hopefully Remington does take action and get some $$$ from them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19253 users online. 17 members and 19236 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...